DAi-BoXeR's Shuaijiao

A collection of links to internal martial arts videos. Serious martial arts videos ONLY. Joke videos go to Off the Topic.

Re: DAi-BoXeR's Shuaijiao

Postby Iron Apprentice on Wed Aug 26, 2009 11:32 am

Yes "I" (I-Mon). Thx

Hey Brady see, look here. I was changin grips but that damn Warren kept tyin me up so I just start runnin. Youtube cuts the end off but he got sent down.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8EuWYEC4WrQ
Last edited by Iron Apprentice on Wed Aug 26, 2009 12:00 pm, edited 2 times in total.
better known as DAi-BoXeR
Sudan Jeffers
CLUB XINYIDAO - Head Coach
http://www.Myspace.com/ClubXYD
Flying is learning how to throw yourself at the ground and miss.
Iron Apprentice
Santi

Re: DAi-BoXeR's Shuaijiao

Postby Brady on Fri Aug 28, 2009 8:19 am

Iron Apprentice wrote:Hey Brady see, look here. I was changin grips but that damn Warren kept tyin me up so I just start runnin. Youtube cuts the end off but he got sent down.

Ya I know that issue well, its tough to work your grips when the other guy has a death clamp on your jacket. I used to get yelled at all the time for the same thing. IME its usually novices who have incredible grip strength and never let go haha.

We used to do drills where we would throw as soon as our partner touched in for his second grip, and its usually the best moment to catch him off guards. I still have to remind myself to not hold onto grips and turn the fight into a mook match.

I usually win my matches now by prying grips then throwing right when the opponent reaches in for his second hold. My coach would always say this is when he is most vulnerable , do you agree? I am not sure why but this seems to be the best moment to throw 90% of the time. Maybe other throwers can lend their thoughts on this.
Last edited by Brady on Fri Aug 28, 2009 10:18 am, edited 1 time in total.
Brady
Wuji

Previous

Return to Video Links