new Master Su Dongchen Channel on youtube!

A collection of links to internal martial arts videos. Serious martial arts videos ONLY. Joke videos go to Off the Topic.

Re: new Master Su Dongchen Channel on youtube!

Postby Brinkman on Thu Jun 19, 2008 12:19 am

zhongkui,

I don’t know, maybe I have been in Taiwan too long, but when I hear negative comments about one of my deceased teachers I just react to it. Anyway, maybe I didn’t catch the subtleties you were trying to express, if so, my bad!.. but if you live in Japan then you probably know what it means to defend your teacher’s honor. It may have been a bit cooler on you part, if you would have done your homework a little better, before hurling out negative comments in a public forum like this. Some of my own comments however were pertaining to other elements of this discussion in general. Anyway you explained yourself better in your second response, so no hard feelings.

I just tried to emphasize that there are many generations of Hung students... There is also the influence of his brother Hung Yimian and other family members, including Hung’s three sons. Then there were people like Xi Hungji who trained with Hung and then went on to train other well known teachers in North America, too. It only gets more complicated from that point on, because there were also Australian, British, Israeli and other European students. I think within those ranks you will find a great range of versatility and expertise. I think you will also find a lot of differences in the actual curriculum among these various branches.

In regard to "Japanification", generally that term has negative connotations on a Chinese martial arts forum..in your case however..I see that you were not implying it in that fashion..

Anyway..I'll also be curious to hear how your meeting with Su goes..when you get the chance.

Peace

Marcus
Last edited by Brinkman on Thu Jun 19, 2008 12:21 am, edited 1 time in total.
Brinkman

Postby Muad'dib on Thu Jun 19, 2008 3:46 am

Marcus, I didn't think I made any negative comments, actually. Though you are new here, usually when I make a negative comment, it starts with the words "This fucking sucks" and ends with "I have to go puke." That being said, I could see how, given the tenor of other comments, you might think I was. For me disappointment is not negative, its just a common state of being regarding IMA.
I am no longer allowed to make statements regarding international politics in a public forum.
Muad'dib
Great Old One

Postby edededed on Thu Jun 19, 2008 4:44 am

September, eh? That's a bit late - don't think I'll be able to join up then... :(
edededed
Great Old One

Postby Muad'dib on Thu Jun 19, 2008 6:56 am

you will be back in the states right? Jerk.
I am no longer allowed to make statements regarding international politics in a public forum.
Muad'dib
Great Old One

Postby edededed on Thu Jun 19, 2008 8:00 am

Well, no, not exactly... I'll be here, but...

(Whenever I get back to the States, I will have to have a plate o' fried clams... mm!)
edededed
Great Old One

Postby Muad'dib on Thu Jun 19, 2008 8:06 am

ah, the other thing. that's good, when is the expected arrival date?
Muad'dib
Great Old One

Previous

Return to Video Links