Rusty Weapons

A collection of links to internal martial arts videos. Serious martial arts videos ONLY. Joke videos go to Off the Topic.

Rusty Weapons

Postby Michael Dasargo on Tue Sep 01, 2009 12:07 pm

Pun intended. Here's a bit of a whack weapons video we put together. It's been a whowile (insert stewie accent) since I've done weapons and/or forms stuff, but we've been having a demand for it. So here ya go:

Michael Dasargo
Anjing

Re: Rusty Weapons

Postby edededed on Wed Sep 02, 2009 1:05 am

I like the sword stuff with the sword scabbard... Very interesting! (I don't think there is stuff like that in bagua...)
edededed
Great Old One

Postby nicklas on Wed Sep 02, 2009 1:45 am

Really nice!
What spear are you doing in the parking lot?
Last edited by nicklas on Wed Sep 02, 2009 1:47 am, edited 1 time in total.
nicklas
Huajing

Postby Dale Dugas on Thu Sep 03, 2009 10:45 am

edededed wrote:I like the sword stuff with the sword scabbard... Very interesting! (I don't think there is stuff like that in bagua...)

In Jiulong Bagauazhang, there are many moves that use the scabbard as a tool/weapon.

many styles use the scabbard.

Modern Wushu seems to have ruined the old school material that exists in certain styles.
Dr. Dale Dugas, AP DOM MAOM, Dipl.OM
http://www.daledugas.com
Dale Dugas
Great Old One

Postby Michael Dasargo on Wed Sep 09, 2009 3:31 pm

nicklas wrote:Really nice!
What spear are you doing in the parking lot?

Hi Nicklas,

Sorry for the late response. I've been pretty wrapped up with stuff, but anyway there actually isnt any spear set being performed in this video.

We are actually playing "5th Brother Staff", which is loosely based on the Yang military family of the Song Dynasty. I like to play the staff set with the spear to express the origins.

FYI The Yang Family was ambushed and only 5th and 7th brother survived. 5th brother fled to Shaolin suffering from PTSD, but they wouldn't allow edged weapons into the temple. Since the spear was 5th brothers only connection to the family, he removed the spear tip and adapted their family style to have more blunt impact rather than piercing.

Short story long,
Mike D.
Michael Dasargo
Anjing

Return to Video Links