Barlow Xingyi and a question

A collection of links to internal martial arts videos. Serious martial arts videos ONLY. Joke videos go to Off the Topic.

Re: Barlow Xingyi and a question

Postby GrahamB on Fri Sep 11, 2009 4:23 am

Paul,

You're right. I'll delete my posts too, since my request to have the thread removed has obviously fallen on deaf ears. ::)
One does not simply post on RSF.
The Tai Chi Notebook
GrahamB
Great Old One

Postby alexsuffolk on Fri Sep 11, 2009 4:34 am

Quote from Pandrews - 'Alex - your post was a thinly veilled attack on the validity of my skill and knowledge, don't act like it wasn't. Come on, you started your statement with "there are a number of errors" how would you react if I said your statement or your art is in fact chock full of crap without first asking for an explanation? People here are aware of your relatively high profile due to your publications and reputation whether or not that is valid I don't know as I don't know you but you turn up and say "hey that's a load of shit, you don't know anything" and there are others around here who will automatically think I know Alex he's supposed to be good hey he has a few books so he must be good and this guy I dn't know so Alex must know what he's talking about and this guy's shit must be fake'.

1. I have no idea who you (have never even heard of you) are or what skill you have, but your rudeness is a big, big shame. I have spoken directly and politely, no hidden agenda, leading to.......

2. Yes i see error as i said, in that your understanding , and Grahams Xingyi, is not the art i have ever seen from my teacher or from years of research in China.

3. My skill is very poor, my books are read by only a handful of people, and my reputation extneds no further than the futon i am sitting on. You are welcome to insult me any way you like, but please do not insult the art or my teacher.

4. If you dont want to discuss your teacher and his unique branch of Xingyiquan its fine.

i really wish you well Pandrews,keep cool because these are all just words on a screen....

Alex
alexsuffolk

Postby yusuf on Fri Sep 11, 2009 5:06 am

alexsuffolk wrote:
3. My skill is very poor, my books are read by only a handful of people, and my reputation extneds no further than the futon i am sitting on. You are welcome to insult me any way you like, but please do not insult the art or my teacher.

..actually Alex has a very good level of skill, has trained with several notable people, can demonstrate what he talks about, and his words are worth listening too because the intent is one to help and elevate the general level of IMA in this country.... even if his way of hinting is as as subtle as his pick up technique when there are groups of hot Japanese women around :P
[Seeking and not seeking are the problem...]
lol, there really isn't a problem at all
yusuf
Great Old One

Postby GrahamB on Fri Sep 11, 2009 5:13 am

Ah, I see we've reached that classic "I fear for the art" moment...

Beautiful.

Anyway, this thread is much too serious. Here's the most genuine LOL moment I've had all day. It needs sound turned on to watch, but it had me rolling around on the floor laughing ;D

Thus Spake Zarathustra, the music to the title sequence of Stanley Kubrick's "A Space Odyessey" as played by a local school orchestra.

Now watch it again - it gets funnier on every listen!
Last edited by GrahamB on Fri Sep 11, 2009 5:49 am, edited 3 times in total.
The Tai Chi Notebook
GrahamB
Great Old One

Postby middleway on Fri Sep 11, 2009 5:20 am

hahaaha .... i think thats the music Jose hears when he is watching your Xing Yi. :P :D

only playin.

;)
Last edited by middleway on Fri Sep 11, 2009 5:20 am, edited 1 time in total.
"I am not servant to the method, the method is servant to me"
Me

My Blog: http://www.martialbody.com/Blog-Research
middleway
Wuji

Postby GrahamB on Fri Sep 11, 2009 5:38 am

middleway wrote:hahaaha .... i think thats the music Jose hears when he is watching your Xing Yi. :P :D

only playin.

;)

Nah, the music in Jose's head is more like this:

The Tai Chi Notebook
GrahamB
Great Old One

Postby mrtoes on Fri Sep 11, 2009 5:51 am

GrahamB wrote:Thus Spake Zarathustra, the music to the title sequence of Stanley Kubrick's "A Space Odyessey" as played by a local school orchestra.

Actually I think that's the Portsmouth Sinfonia.

Here's another one!

Matthew.
mrtoes
Wuji

Postby GrahamB on Fri Sep 11, 2009 6:03 am

mrtoes wrote:
GrahamB wrote:Thus Spake Zarathustra, the music to the title sequence of Stanley Kubrick's "A Space Odyessey" as played by a local school orchestra.

Actually I think that's the Portsmouth Sinfonia.

Matthew.

Nooooo! Don't ruin it!
The Tai Chi Notebook
GrahamB
Great Old One

Postby Josealb on Fri Sep 11, 2009 6:06 am

Hey huh...Chris...Your shit is fake and your teacher is just a kempo guy who got punked in china and learned from the wrong books.

Are you gonna delete all your posts too? ;D ;D
Man carcass in alley this morning...
Josealb
Great Old One

Postby middleway on Fri Sep 11, 2009 6:14 am

i dont have time to delete all my posts right now ... i am crying too much... :P
"I am not servant to the method, the method is servant to me"
Me

My Blog: http://www.martialbody.com/Blog-Research
middleway
Wuji

Postby Ian on Fri Sep 11, 2009 6:20 am

Pandrews1982 wrote:Alex - your post was a thinly veilled attack on the validity of my skill and knowledge, don't act like it wasn't. Come on, you started your statement with "there are a number of errors" how would you react if I said your statement or your art is in fact chock full of crap without first asking for an explanation? People here are aware of your relatively high profile due to your publications and reputation whether or not that is valid I don't know as I don't know you but you turn up and say "hey that's a load of shit, you don't know anything" and there are others around here who will automatically think I know Alex he's supposed to be good hey he has a few books so he must be good and this guy I dn't know so Alex must know what he's talking about and this guy's shit must be fake.

???

please DO NOT take it as a personal questioning of your skill as we dont know eachother ,and as i do not have a school it is not about 'i know more than you'
Ian

Postby Pandrews1982 on Fri Sep 11, 2009 7:02 am

Maybe I was rash to delete my posts, I reget deleting all of them now and sadly I didn't save copies. I've tried to answer Alex's questions via PM and copied in most of the contributers to the thread.

As for the bit of heated discussion with Alex, without my original posts the context might be further misconstrued. But further to add, I have no arguement with Alex over his skill or art or teachers, I would be and am willing and have always been willing to listen to any constructive info he or anyone else may pass on (so far he's not given any of his own views on the original subject just dismissed mine). Hopefully he'll accept my PM as a hand of friendship to end any further arguement and maybe see where I am coming from.

Contrary to what you may think I believe that all the variations and styles and branches of xing yi, shanxi xing yi, dai xinyi, XYLH etc all have the same basis and though they may have evolved into very different forms over the years you shouldn't out and out dismiss the others as erroneous just becase it doesn't fit into the same box as what you've been exposed to.
Pandrews1982
Great Old One

Postby Wanderingdragon on Fri Sep 11, 2009 9:02 am

I'm sorry, but this must be said, and I'm sure it will fall on deaf ears , but an avalanche is scattered energy.
The point . is absolute
Wanderingdragon
Wuji

Previous

Return to Video Links