USAF H2H

A collection of links to internal martial arts videos. Serious martial arts videos ONLY. Joke videos go to Off the Topic.

USAF H2H

Postby Chanchu on Sat Sep 12, 2009 12:00 am

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pED8v0qO ... re=related

To bad just a clip- of a early 60's era USAF hand to hand combat film*- been looking for this for years, the full version is really entertaining... Much better than this edited version---- ;D

Reminds me of "jungle jim uniform", 1505's, F-4 fighters, hot WAF's in mini skirts, and commanders calls with kegs of beer.

* Submitted for information, entertainment uses only.. :D
Last edited by Chanchu on Sat Sep 12, 2009 12:06 am, edited 2 times in total.
Chanchu
Great Old One

Re: USAF H2H

Postby cerebus on Sat Sep 12, 2009 10:07 am

Yeah, I have a dvd of the whole training video somewhere here. Basically it all comes down to kick balls, chop neck. No need to get fancy. Simple and mean... ;)
"Fool, the Devil drives!"
cerebus
Great Old One

Postby kenneth fish on Sat Sep 12, 2009 12:44 pm

FWIW this in not what I saw in USAF para recon training.
A casual stroll through the lunatic asylum shows that faith does not prove anything.
Friedrich Nietzsche
kenneth fish
Great Old One

Postby shawnsegler on Sat Sep 12, 2009 12:52 pm

What did they show you, just out of cuiosity, Dr. Fish? More like the Fairbairn/Sykes sort of stuff?
I prefer
You behind the wheel
And me the passenger
shawnsegler
Great Old One

Postby Doc Stier on Sat Sep 12, 2009 12:53 pm

The damned near total disregard for the location of an opponent's live blade edge, and virtually zero attempt to control same, was stunningly scary to say the least! :o :-\
"First in the Mind and then in the Body."
Doc Stier
Great Old One

Postby Chanchu on Sat Sep 12, 2009 1:37 pm

The whole film is even more scary! ;D you are right Doc! Seems he blocked the knife with his hand, I remember seeing it on 16MM film back in the stone age in a old WWII era training room building. Wondered WTH those guys were- so called "Combat judo" Sac guys sent to Japan by Lemay? Made it up themselves?

The rest of the film contains (IIRK) much jumping in the air and doing a three point landing on the uke's head.

Cerebus you should transfer it to DVD and sell it !

Just mark it "for historical information uses only" ;D
Last edited by Chanchu on Sun Sep 13, 2009 12:45 pm, edited 3 times in total.
Chanchu
Great Old One

Postby kenneth fish on Sat Sep 12, 2009 5:13 pm

Shawn: I used to teach some of the material to my students for the first few years of their training - very quick, brutal, direct. I remember one evening a local policeman, who had been studying for about 3 months, was very shook up by the practical training - in his words " you could really hurt someone like that!".

Not much like the Sykes/Fairbairn. Not sure what to compare it to. Knife work concentrated on cutting and stabbing major arteries and tendons (usually while holding the opponents arm/chest/head). Strikes were meant to render unconscious, cripple, or kill. Nothing in between. (Forest Chang, a student of mine, remarked that I had two speeds/states of mind - on and off. That's what the training did to you. I I was not even a full fledged member of the group - I was training with them (the para-recon). )
A casual stroll through the lunatic asylum shows that faith does not prove anything.
Friedrich Nietzsche
kenneth fish
Great Old One

Postby shawnsegler on Sat Sep 12, 2009 8:50 pm

Big respect for all you guys who served. I gotta say though....I feel incredibly lucky that I never had to, and I hope my son never has to either.

Best,

S
I prefer
You behind the wheel
And me the passenger
shawnsegler
Great Old One

Return to Video Links