Lamb To The Slaughter!

A collection of links to internal martial arts videos. Serious martial arts videos ONLY. Joke videos go to Off the Topic.

Re: Lamb To The Slaughter!

Postby Walk the Torque on Sun Sep 13, 2009 3:47 pm

Filipe,

Gee Solid advice, literally! (as they say)

Just the two things you mentioned has transformed the punches. Far more solid now.

Thanks a bundle.

Conn
Walk the Torque
Great Old One

Postby Felipe Bidó on Sun Sep 13, 2009 9:27 pm

bruce wrote:hi felipe,

could you elaborate on "hold the center tight"? thanks.

When doing the Five Element forms (Or any XY form that has a small sequence of moves that follow a straight path and don't have changes in the direction) it is always good to have a spot right in front from where you are getting to. If you are not too focused on your center, your form will show that sometimes you are moving away from the 'straight line' of your path. Maybe your elbows or knee twist outward a bit, maybe your head looks too far from the center (and, if you are thinking about the rule of 'the eyes follow the hands' your hands will move away from the center because your eyes moved away, reversing the process), etc. This may not be even noticeable, but if you keep doing it like that, day by day, the mistake will become bigger and bigger.

'Holding the center' will keep you in a straight line in the form, training you to always 'attack the center' of the opponent.

Apart from all that, all the parts of your body should have the intention of going to the center of your body. Like four people are binding you with a rope and holding tight. All the parts of your body would go towards your center.

Conn:

Filipe,

Gee Solid advice, literally! (as they say)

Just the two things you mentioned has transformed the punches. Far more solid now.

Thanks a bundle.

Glad I could help ;)
Last edited by Felipe Bidó on Sun Sep 13, 2009 9:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.
“Shut up. Your mouth is like my mother’s vagina; just a hole that disappointments come out of.” - Robert Brockway, Cracked.com
Felipe Bidó
Founder

Postby bailewen on Sun Sep 13, 2009 11:00 pm

hm...

Interesting image. I'll try that as well. It seems somehow related to the other most recent correction I got on my Xingyi which was that the zuan part of pi quan should travel like your are spitting it out of your mouth, like it starts in your stomach, travels up the throat and then you spit it out at the other guy. The image really helped focus the circle far more into the sagittal plane.
Click here for my Baji Leitai clip.
www.xiangwuhui.com

p.s. the name is pronounced "buy le when"
bailewen
Great Old One

Postby bruce on Sun Sep 13, 2009 11:16 pm

thanks felipe.

so much to learn ...
bruce
Great Old One

Postby Josealb on Mon Sep 14, 2009 7:47 am

Omar,

Thats the first time i read about that detail in zuan, outside of our line. You got that advice from your da shixiong?
Man carcass in alley this morning...
Josealb
Great Old One

Previous

Return to Video Links