Wu Tai Chi South Africa

A collection of links to internal martial arts videos. Serious martial arts videos ONLY. Joke videos go to Off the Topic.

Wu Tai Chi South Africa

Postby Martin2 on Tue Sep 15, 2009 12:44 pm

Hi All,

when I was in SA last year TV made a short film.
Have fun with it:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NiDJmGgX ... r_embedded

Greetings

Martin2
Last edited by Martin2 on Tue Sep 15, 2009 1:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Martin2
Huajing

Re: Wu Tai Chi South Africa

Postby Andy_S on Tue Sep 15, 2009 7:24 pm

Martin:

Very nice production. I liked the chest opening exercise at 2:57 onward - and how that later was shown in the single hand PH clip. We have a similar ex in Chen style, but I had never directly related it to yielding in PH before, so cheers for that.

Were I ever to choose another Taiji style beyond Chen, it would be Wu - not simply for the depth of knowledge some of the lineages clearly offer, but also becuase in both posture and technique, it looks so different to Chen.
Services available:
Pies scoffed. Ales quaffed. Beds shat. Oiks irked. Chavs chinned. Thugs thumped. Sacks split. Arses goosed. Udders ogled. Canines consumed. Sheep shagged.Matrons outraged. Vicars enlightened. PM for rates.
Andy_S
Great Old One

Postby Areios on Wed Sep 16, 2009 11:06 am

and you just only saw this staff? what about the girl in the beggining. :) So it's true... tai chi is making straight men... into... something different.

j/k (ducks to cover) :P
Areios
Wuji

Postby Dmitri on Wed Sep 16, 2009 11:10 am

Areios wrote:and you just only saw this staff? what about the girl in the beggining. :) So it's true... tai chi is making straight men... into... something different.

Umm... That wasn't a girl.
;D

Thanks for posting Martin; always good to see fellow RSF'ers...

Have a question about one moment at 0:51 where the blade almost touches your face -- did you "exaggerate" it a little, or was it how it was taught to you? If latter, then what is the purpose of that position, do you know? Seems a bit dangerous...
Just curious.
TIA!
Last edited by Dmitri on Wed Sep 16, 2009 11:24 am, edited 2 times in total.
Dmitri
Great Old One

Postby Martin2 on Thu Sep 17, 2009 12:28 am

Hi All,

thx for the posts.

Hi Andy,

I have the same feelings as you. When I started 1986 there was no Chen style around for a long time. So I heard about it, but never saw it.
First time I saw it, I thought, wow that looks great, but everything is so different.

Hi Areios,

yes, the women at the beginning. What a pity, she was not at the shot. She was cutted in later.

Hi Dimtri,

yes, loks dramatic, isn't it. But is not, it is just the angle. If you would look from the side, you would see, I have a lot of distance to the sabre.

All the best

Martin
Martin2
Huajing

Postby wassy on Thu Sep 17, 2009 5:30 am

thxs for sharing again martin.

the angle of the shot does make the blade look close to martins face. its a lovely movement, you neutralize the attack as you turn around. when you arrive the blade is drawn into the center and then thrust out to stab to the heart.
wassy
Santi

Return to Video Links