Jim Fung 1970s Memorial Footage

A collection of links to internal martial arts videos. Serious martial arts videos ONLY. Joke videos go to Off the Topic.

Jim Fung 1970s Memorial Footage

Postby Dr.Rob on Mon Sep 28, 2009 6:31 pm

Classic Voice over...
Having nothing to lose is the new wealth.

Profitez de la guerre mes enfants, la paix sera terrible.

Si vis pacem, para bellum.
Dr.Rob
Great Old One

Re: Jim Fung 1970s Memorial Footage

Postby 64Palms on Tue Sep 29, 2009 4:07 am

I have met and been demo'd on by GM Fung a few times (his headquarters is just around the corner from my work). He had some exceptional skill as both martial artist and promoter / businessman. It is a shame he is no longer with us.
64Palms
Great Old One

Postby Adam S on Tue Sep 29, 2009 5:12 am

No doubt he had exceptional skill as a promoter/businessman

Having sparred a number of his students, really not sure about his skills as a martial artist..........
Proud Tree & Qi Hugger
Adam S
Wuji

Postby 64Palms on Tue Sep 29, 2009 5:34 am

I think what you have said about some of his students is true, but what i have experienced with him personally is quite different. Perhaps his teaching ability did not reflect this.
64Palms
Great Old One

Postby Mut on Tue Sep 29, 2009 4:28 pm

I went to his school once years ago when I was in Sydney teaching for a friend who had just been king hit while at work. I was not impressed by his students. However I met Sifu Fung and he did his inch punch trick on me. I was impressed by his ability to transfer force, but I think the set up of the demo was a little contrived... "hold this,stand here, like this... not like that" But still it was great to feel, also funny to see how his whole school stopped to watch (it turned out there was a major celebration happening after the class I walked in for).

... that vid was soooooo cool though.... having an intruder jump out of your house to attack you priceless!!!! and the comparitive analysis... WOW
Last edited by Mut on Tue Sep 29, 2009 5:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"I've done 19 years of Tae Kwon Do.... I'm a blackbelt third dan.... I don't think I should start with your beginners..." ....phone enquiry I recieved....
Mut
Great Old One

Return to Video Links