Gao style Bagua applications

A collection of links to internal martial arts videos. Serious martial arts videos ONLY. Joke videos go to Off the Topic.

Gao style Bagua applications

Postby C.J.Wang on Sat Oct 03, 2009 10:38 pm

Any idea who this gentleman learned Gao style from?
C.J.Wang
Wuji

Re: Gao style Bagua applications

Postby Andy_S on Sun Oct 04, 2009 4:51 am

CJ:

I've no idea, but I'd guess from the HIH line. I really like the way he teaches: "Here is the principle..."- does move - and then the lads are, "Oh! An application!"
Services available:
Pies scoffed. Ales quaffed. Beds shat. Oiks irked. Chavs chinned. Thugs thumped. Sacks split. Arses goosed. Udders ogled. Canines consumed. Sheep shagged.Matrons outraged. Vicars enlightened. PM for rates.
Andy_S
Great Old One

Postby C.J.Wang on Sun Oct 04, 2009 6:00 am

Actually, I am pretty sure he's from Zhang Zhun-Feng's lineage -- it says so under the Youtube tag. The extended body motion in "Kai" is indicative as well. Perhaps a student of Allen Pittman?
C.J.Wang
Wuji

Postby neijia_boxer on Sun Oct 04, 2009 6:18 am

Thats Wilson from sacredpeaks.net. He teaches in Richmond Va. and New york. He is one of my first neijia and boxing coaches, and has two thumbs up (and connected at my cheeks). He teaches principles for combat pretty deeply. He has my seal of approval, of his several teachers, his main influences seem to be Robert Smith, Ken Cohen, Daniel Lee, and Hua-Ching Ni.

That was a clip from a pre-lei tai fight camp. take down and anti- take down using Gao Bagua.
neijia_boxer

Postby fisherman on Sun Oct 04, 2009 7:40 am

neijia_boxer
Who did he train with? I see great similarity in what I do and his usage. It definitely looks of the ZZF lineage, just curious who he go it from after that.
Many thanks,
Chris
fisherman
Great Old One

Postby Andy_S on Sun Oct 04, 2009 10:06 am

I would have said HIH lineage, given that the only westerner who trained under ZZF that I know of was our very own Ken Fish, but as ZZF was HIH's teacher, OK....

RE: Pittman:
My understanding is that Pittman learned under Smith and under HIH's older bro, Hong I-mien (spelling...?).
Services available:
Pies scoffed. Ales quaffed. Beds shat. Oiks irked. Chavs chinned. Thugs thumped. Sacks split. Arses goosed. Udders ogled. Canines consumed. Sheep shagged.Matrons outraged. Vicars enlightened. PM for rates.
Andy_S
Great Old One

Postby fisherman on Sun Oct 04, 2009 11:32 am

Yeah, Mr. Pittman was a student of Hong Yi Mien.
Simply curiosity because of shared lineage...
fisherman
Great Old One

Postby shawnsegler on Sun Oct 04, 2009 12:04 pm

Is the dude with the dreads in the back the same guy who has those "street taiji" vids on youtube...he does capoeira too, I think.

S
I prefer
You behind the wheel
And me the passenger
shawnsegler
Great Old One

Postby David Boxen on Sun Oct 04, 2009 5:46 pm

shawnsegler wrote:Is the dude with the dreads in the back the same guy who has those "street taiji" vids on youtube...he does capoeira too, I think.

S

looks and sounds like same guy to me
We are not stuff that abides, but patterns that perpetuate themselves. - Norbert Wiener
David Boxen
Huajing

Postby neijia_boxer on Tue Oct 06, 2009 2:34 pm

Yes that is the Capoeira guy Roberto. He is pretty awesome at bagua push hands.

As for Wilson, he is an old school IMA generation, they didnt have much of any bagua teachers in his day...no videos, no youtubes...was doing Gao bagua long before many of the more recent Gao teachers have come here. He used to have to travel to DC and study under Robert Smith a long long time ago.
Last edited by neijia_boxer on Tue Oct 06, 2009 2:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.
neijia_boxer

Return to Video Links