Heavy Hands Comp

A collection of links to internal martial arts videos. Serious martial arts videos ONLY. Joke videos go to Off the Topic.

Heavy Hands Comp

Postby Dr.Rob on Tue Oct 06, 2009 8:13 pm

Lokk at the sweat on the white dude...watch the snap on the forearms on the asian dude...I use to love playing this game

These are the leverage pushes...Ngo Cho

Last edited by Dr.Rob on Tue Oct 06, 2009 8:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Having nothing to lose is the new wealth.

Profitez de la guerre mes enfants, la paix sera terrible.

Si vis pacem, para bellum.
Dr.Rob
Great Old One

Re: Heavy Hands Comp

Postby Strange on Tue Oct 06, 2009 8:49 pm

just saw the first clip
asian gent force go in, the white gent's does not
asian gent looks like he's having a stroll in the park :)
天官指星 单对月 风摆荷叶 影成双

岳武穆王以枪为拳, 六合形意李门世根, 形意拳五行为先, 论身法六合为首,少揽闲事心田静, 多读拳谱武艺精 - 李洛能 (形意拳谱)
Strange
Great Old One

Postby Andy_S on Tue Oct 06, 2009 11:38 pm

Is my memory going, or do I recall a (longish) thread on the old forum discussing Strange's professed liking for the first kind of game...?

Yap is using intel as well as jin: In the second clip, he is keeping his centerline aligned to his opponent, while his opponet is well off-center; also, by keeping his arms in tight (most of the time) has much better leverage. In all, I'm glad to see Yap win at this (ahem!) "heavy hands combat challenge," but you have to wonder which one of the two would win a "heavy weight combat power-lifting challenge?"

BTW, this looks like it might be taking place behind the counter of Yap's shop, Shaolin Way, in London's Chinatown.
Services available:
Pies scoffed. Ales quaffed. Beds shat. Oiks irked. Chavs chinned. Thugs thumped. Sacks split. Arses goosed. Udders ogled. Canines consumed. Sheep shagged.Matrons outraged. Vicars enlightened. PM for rates.
Andy_S
Great Old One

Postby RobP2 on Wed Oct 07, 2009 1:24 am

Looks like it's downstairs in his basement. I believe there was a similar incident with Yap and Harry Cook some years back (he's a prominent karate writer in the UK)
"If your life seems dull and boring - it is" - Derek & Clive
http://www.systemauk.com/
RobP2
Great Old One

Postby C.J.Wang on Wed Oct 07, 2009 6:03 am

Haha...........typical southern CMA friendly challenge scenarios -- arm banging and "bridge hand" wrestling.

IMO, the powerlifter lost mainly due to lack of technique, especially in the second clip. Notice how the Asian master keeps his arms close to the body with elbow dropped while the uninitiated powerlifter simply extends his arm out and loses leverage. Once the master turns his body and gains the superior side angle, it'd be almost impossible for the poor guy to recover.

If I were the powerlifter, I'd challenge the Asian dude to a round of bench-pressing instead.
C.J.Wang
Wuji

Postby Wanderingdragon on Wed Oct 07, 2009 7:09 am

Pure clinic, The asian guy took him to school, in the first clip it is a pleasure to watch his machanics as you can see every sule of internal art come into play as he drops all of his weight onto his opponents hands. You can see the shoulders drop, chest round, elbows down, spine straight, butt tuck, knees drop, heels pushing the crown up, no power necessary in the second clip either , pure structure.
The point . is absolute
Wanderingdragon
Wuji

Postby everything on Wed Oct 07, 2009 7:45 am

C.J.Wang wrote:

If I were the powerlifter, I'd challenge the Asian dude to a round of bench-pressing instead.

lol

Wanderingdragon wrote:Pure clinic, The asian guy took him to school, in the first clip it is a pleasure to watch his machanics as you can see every sule of internal art come into play as he drops all of his weight onto his opponents hands. You can see the shoulders drop, chest round, elbows down, spine straight, butt tuck, knees drop, heels pushing the crown up, no power necessary in the second clip either , pure structure.

hey, so shaolin = "internal"! ;D
amateur practices til gets right pro til can't get wrong
/ better approx answer to right q than exact answer to wrong q which can be made precise /
“most beautiful thing we can experience is the mysterious. Source of all true art & science
everything
Wuji

Postby C.J.Wang on Wed Oct 07, 2009 9:01 am

The type of arm banging contest shown in the first clip still has a "toughman" conditioning aspect to it. There are softer, and arguablely more internal, ways of doing things rather than having both sides maintaining structures and beating the heck out of each other's arms.
C.J.Wang
Wuji

Postby cloudz on Wed Oct 07, 2009 9:49 am

huh, how about that, the power lifter put on a whole stone between the two clips. :)
Regards
George

London UK
cloudz
Great Old One

Postby mrtoes on Wed Oct 07, 2009 9:56 am

Looks like those two had a whole buncha fun together :D

mrtoes
Wuji

Postby Wanderingdragon on Wed Oct 07, 2009 11:27 am

everything wrote:
C.J.Wang wrote:

lol

Wanderingdragon wrote:Pure clinic, The asian guy took him to school, in the first clip it is a pleasure to watch his machanics as you can see every sule of internal art come into play as he drops all of his weight onto his opponents hands. You can see the shoulders drop, chest round, elbows down, spine straight, butt tuck, knees drop, heels pushing the crown up, no power necessary in the second clip either , pure structure.

hey, so shaolin = "internal"! ;D

Machanics have no affiliation.
The point . is absolute
Wanderingdragon
Wuji

Return to Video Links