Shake that tree...

A collection of links to internal martial arts videos. Serious martial arts videos ONLY. Joke videos go to Off the Topic.

Shake that tree...

Postby Dr.Rob on Fri Oct 09, 2009 1:08 pm

Having nothing to lose is the new wealth.

Profitez de la guerre mes enfants, la paix sera terrible.

Si vis pacem, para bellum.
Dr.Rob
Great Old One

Re: Shake that tree...

Postby kshurika on Fri Oct 09, 2009 9:54 pm

He is one of Tim Cartmell's teachers. Tim described him as "the toughest man I've ever met".
kshurika
Wuji

Postby grzegorz on Fri Oct 09, 2009 10:39 pm

Hitting trees is good.

Start out light and turn it up over the weeks.
"Those who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities." - Voltaire
grzegorz
Wuji

Postby Teazer on Sat Oct 10, 2009 1:46 am

Love that clip!
Why does man Kill? He kills for food.
And not only food: frequently there must be a beverage.
Teazer
Great Old One

Postby Andy_S on Sun Oct 11, 2009 11:09 am

I was in the park this afternoon playing hide n seek with my daughter. While counting down while she hid, I front kicked one of the trees there for a bit of fun. The trunk did not move, but sure enough, the leaves at the top shook.

Have I achieved mastery?
Services available:
Pies scoffed. Ales quaffed. Beds shat. Oiks irked. Chavs chinned. Thugs thumped. Sacks split. Arses goosed. Udders ogled. Canines consumed. Sheep shagged.Matrons outraged. Vicars enlightened. PM for rates.
Andy_S
Great Old One

Postby Doc Stier on Sun Oct 11, 2009 11:19 am

Andy_S wrote:I was in the park this afternoon playing hide n seek with my daughter. While counting down while she hid, I front kicked one of the trees there for a bit of fun. The trunk did not move, but sure enough, the leaves at the top shook.

Have I achieved mastery?

No, you haven't achieved mastery. You're just a big arbor bully who needs to leaf the poor trees alone! ;) ;D
"First in the Mind and then in the Body."
Doc Stier
Great Old One

Postby grzegorz on Sun Oct 11, 2009 12:34 pm

Andy_S wrote:I was in the park this afternoon playing hide n seek with my daughter. While counting down while she hid, I front kicked one of the trees there for a bit of fun. The trunk did not move, but sure enough, the leaves at the top shook.

Have I achieved mastery?

If there's no video, it didn't happen. 8-)
"Those who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities." - Voltaire
grzegorz
Wuji

Postby Andy_S on Sun Oct 11, 2009 6:43 pm

Doc:

Another pun like that and I will have to fly over to Texas and sort your sorry arse out. Violently.

Gregorz:

Oh well - it didn't happen then.

Seriously, I urge any EFers to try this. You don't need much force to make the leaves shake. After all a, gentle breeze does exactly the same thing.
Services available:
Pies scoffed. Ales quaffed. Beds shat. Oiks irked. Chavs chinned. Thugs thumped. Sacks split. Arses goosed. Udders ogled. Canines consumed. Sheep shagged.Matrons outraged. Vicars enlightened. PM for rates.
Andy_S
Great Old One

Postby grzegorz on Sun Oct 11, 2009 6:58 pm

Have I achieved mastery?

No it's not proof of mastery it just means you're doing it right. It's easier to make a tree shake with kicks than palm strikes. I used to work mostly on palm strikes.

Seriously, I urge any EFers to try this. You don't need much force to make the leaves shake. After all a, gentle breeze does exactly the same thing.

Some trees are more rigid than others. I recommend trees with soft bark. Red woods are also nice, they don't move and hence don't mind.
Last edited by grzegorz on Sun Oct 11, 2009 7:03 pm, edited 2 times in total.
grzegorz
Wuji

Postby Fubo on Sun Oct 11, 2009 9:32 pm

Liang always sounded like an awesome person to learn from.
Fubo
Wuji

Postby Andy_S on Sun Oct 11, 2009 9:40 pm

SNIP
No it's not proof of mastery it just means you're doing it right. It's easier to make a tree shake with kicks than palm strikes. I used to work mostly on palm strikes.
SNIP

One-upmanship, eh? Right! Next weekend, I am going to do it with finger strikes.

So there.
Services available:
Andy_S
Great Old One

Postby Fubo on Sun Oct 11, 2009 10:11 pm

And what is the logical appendage progression from finger strikes?
Fubo
Wuji

Postby Andy_S on Sun Oct 11, 2009 11:09 pm

The logical appendage would require a notch in the trunk. But before I do that, I think I will also try it with headbutts.
Services available:
Andy_S
Great Old One

Postby Doc Stier on Mon Oct 12, 2009 9:13 am

Andy_S wrote:Doc:
Another pun like that and I will have to fly over to Texas and sort your sorry arse out. Violently.

Oh, dear, now you bark threats at me. :o

Should I be shaking yet? :-\
"First in the Mind and then in the Body."
Doc Stier
Great Old One

Postby grzegorz on Mon Oct 12, 2009 7:26 pm

Doc Stier wrote:
Andy_S wrote:Doc:

Oh, dear, now you bark threats at me. :o

Should I be shaking yet? :-\

It sounds like Andy is barking up the wrong tree.
grzegorz
Wuji

Next

Return to Video Links