Slightly different Taijiiquan

A collection of links to internal martial arts videos. Serious martial arts videos ONLY. Joke videos go to Off the Topic.

Slightly different Taijiiquan

Postby Josealb on Sun Oct 18, 2009 2:39 pm

I have no idea what Taiji is this..i do not recognize the "engine" thats under the hood, may be Zhaobao related...but this guy has method, and i like his intent. Anyone familiar with this?

Check out what he does with his legs in between some moves.

Edit: Hu Lei Jia?
Last edited by Josealb on Sun Oct 18, 2009 2:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Man carcass in alley this morning...
Josealb
Great Old One

Re: Slightly different Taijiiquan

Postby C.J.Wang on Sun Oct 18, 2009 4:29 pm

Yeah, the Chinese title says Zhao Bao Hu Ling Jia. It seems to be a variation on Hu Lei Jia.
C.J.Wang
Wuji

Postby David Boxen on Sun Oct 18, 2009 8:18 pm

Is that the "African bagua" move I see in there?
We are not stuff that abides, but patterns that perpetuate themselves. - Norbert Wiener
David Boxen
Huajing

Postby qiphlow on Sun Oct 18, 2009 8:46 pm

looks like some sort of strange chen routine.
esoteric voodoo wizard
qiphlow
Great Old One

Postby taiwandeutscher on Sun Oct 18, 2009 10:00 pm

傳承>楊虎>陳應德>王銀剛>王 盾(第十二代傳人) 王銀剛為王爺晉讓公之師兄

Very interesting, that is in fact the Huleijia known in Taiwan.
The tradition above is Yang Hu, Chen Yingde, Wang Yingang, Wang Dun (12. generation).

Here in Taiwan, the 1st practitioner Wang Jinrang, also learned from Chen Yingde.
Sofare to the bastardisation of Taiwan Chen style, lol.
It's old, that's certain, and it seems a legitimate lineage.
hongdaozi
taiwandeutscher
Wuji

Postby ors on Mon Oct 19, 2009 1:45 am

Yeah, it is hulei. Here is another one from the same Wang Dun.

I am not sure that this is from the mainland, since in the description the date what is used is "the 79th year of the Republic of China"...
王銀剛為王爺晉讓公之師兄
This part says, that Wang Yingang was a senior classmate (shixiong) of Wang Jinrang...

Örs
ors
Wuji

Postby taiwandeutscher on Tue Oct 20, 2009 9:36 pm

Yes, Örs, I noticed that, too.
But fact is that Wang Jinrang never studied anything in Taiwan, only in mainland China, so it must be somebody over there.
Here in Taiwan, Wang Jinrang didn't practice at all for some time, so he had to relearn all by himslef from his notes (for what some people call him a genius), before he taught a small group of students.
The ling instead of the lei character must be a typo, and it maybe that a Taiwanese posted the vid, which clearly shows mainland, not Taiwan.
So I really find it interesting and would like to know, where the location is.
Last edited by taiwandeutscher on Wed Oct 21, 2009 12:37 am, edited 1 time in total.
hongdaozi
taiwandeutscher
Wuji

Postby Hakkesho on Tue Oct 20, 2009 11:58 pm

Hermann/Ors,
To me the background of the 2 videos looks very much like zhongguo dalu nongcun and not like a taiwanese village. Maybe I'm wrong, but It looks very poor and even the bicycle looks like a "feige" or another chinese brand...
Nevertheless, if it is indeed in Taiwan, I'd also like to find out where and who these guys are. I like the way they move, nice Hulei!

Michael
Hakkesho
Mingjing

Postby Bob on Wed Oct 21, 2009 6:03 am

To me, Hu Lei Jia is different. In my opinion, the best I have seen is Master Zhang Suisheng. If I were to play it, this is the flavor I would want to show.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8MgaGt344oo

陳氏太極拳第15世陳清萍伝 張国棟系 忽雷架伝人 張随勝老師 第四層「分」 Master Zhang Suisheng, he inherits the Hu-Lei-Jia style that was created by Chen Qingping, the 15th generation of Chen Shi Taiji Quan.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5v-e-zOP ... re=related

I suspect that the initial clip of the post might from this village that Adam Hsu visited in the early 1990s Wange???

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o4Uq4-ex ... re=related

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fCoa8AtQ ... re=related

Bob
Great Old One

Postby Andy_S on Wed Oct 21, 2009 7:04 am

The "Hulei" village is actually right next to Chenjiagou (across the muddy ditch from which the village is named). Is is about 150 meters from the big Taiji school (Chen Xiao-xing's) in the center of the village, so really, the two villages are one - albeit seperated by a ditch. When I was there last summer we walked into the village for a demo at the Hulei Taiji school of one of the two masters of Hulei who advertizes (and whose name I can't recall, but his surname was definitely Wang; he wsa a tall, skinny fellow, mid-40s or early 50s). His Huleijia was superb, with that distinctive fajin that reminds me a lot of a crane flapping its wings.

The background to the clips look - the walled, mud brick compound - look exactly like the village(s).
Services available:
Pies scoffed. Ales quaffed. Beds shat. Oiks irked. Chavs chinned. Thugs thumped. Sacks split. Arses goosed. Udders ogled. Canines consumed. Sheep shagged.Matrons outraged. Vicars enlightened. PM for rates.
Andy_S
Great Old One

Postby ors on Thu Oct 22, 2009 1:02 am

Guys!

You are certainly right! Wang Dun is from the mainland, maybe from Hulei village. Here, I have found an old one, which is a part of that long video, where the Chen oldtimers did their formplays. One of the comments sais it is Wang Dun again.

So, I am sorry he is from PRC, for sure!

Örs
ors
Wuji

Postby Hakkesho on Thu Oct 22, 2009 2:23 am

Wow,

Very strong legs and not so much shaking... the movements are also very nice, this guys has gongfu, very nice performance, thanks Örs.
Hakkesho
Mingjing

Postby taiwandeutscher on Sat Oct 24, 2009 5:23 am

Well, no problem at all, Örs, very nice finds, thank you once more, makes me feel a lot better about my rudimentary Huleijia skills from Taiwan, exactly same routine.
hongdaozi
taiwandeutscher
Wuji

Postby Josealb on Sat Oct 24, 2009 10:48 am

I wanna ask you guys a question...Do you go as low, or try to, as the guy does when he goes down, like at 0:58? Butt and knee almost touching the ground, or touching if you like?

How do you train the progression to go down like that? strength-wise and flexibility-wise.
Man carcass in alley this morning...
Josealb
Great Old One

Postby taiwandeutscher on Sat Oct 24, 2009 8:49 pm

Well, by far not there yet. And our teacher doesn't want us to go with the but below knees at all, exeption is the snake-down.
For going down without injuring the knees (looks a bit dangerous on the vid, at least for heavier or not as good trained people), we do lots of ground work, opening up the kua. Xiong Wei's Taiji Daoyin has many good exercises in that direction.
Last edited by taiwandeutscher on Sat Oct 24, 2009 8:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.
hongdaozi
taiwandeutscher
Wuji

Return to Video Links