Dai XYLHQ needles

A collection of links to internal martial arts videos. Serious martial arts videos ONLY. Joke videos go to Off the Topic.

Re: Dai XYLHQ needles

Postby I-mon on Thu Oct 22, 2009 7:52 pm

awesome. it's a privilege to see an old guy do his squatting monkey like this - showing clearly that it is a meditation practice as much as or more (three times more!) than a martial power exercise - and I like that in his form the squatting mechanics are not so visible or exaggerated like they would be in the demonstration of a younger practitioner.
I-mon
Great Old One

Postby Pandrews1982 on Fri Oct 23, 2009 2:06 pm

Pretty impressive for his age. I liked that, don't see many people practicing with needles in the west. Just wish the camera man had stayed out a little more so could see the footwork better.
Pandrews1982
Great Old One

Postby Dai Zhi Qiang on Fri Oct 23, 2009 2:35 pm

If this was supposed to be the tie't kuai zi (iron chopsticks) it did not follow the traditional sequence of movements, which are identical to the Wu Tang Za Shi (5 sequence of lock postures) aka 5 Preying Mantis forms.

I see master Wang adapts, she xing (snake form) to the chop stick, later on.

DZQ
Dai Zhi Qiang
Great Old One

Postby GrahamB on Fri Oct 23, 2009 2:40 pm

I-mon wrote:awesome. it's a privilege to see an old guy do his squatting monkey like this - showing clearly that it is a meditation practice as much as or more (three times more!) than a martial power exercise -

Scott Phillips was right - it's a martial trace state! :o
One does not simply post on RSF.
The Tai Chi Notebook
GrahamB
Great Old One

Return to Video Links