rumble in Times Square (1 vs more)

A collection of links to internal martial arts videos. Serious martial arts videos ONLY. Joke videos go to Off the Topic.

Re: rumble in Times Square (1 vs more)

Postby Wanderingdragon on Fri Oct 23, 2009 9:27 am

Just shows CMA trained properly is merely an extension natural responses placed in a systematic format. Nope nobody tumbling around on the ground except those that got knocked down , had he gone the extra mile and tried to stomp on his head to crush his skull (in war you don't want them to have the opportunity to gret back up), he would have stepped over the line to criminal intent, but you never want to go down there and roll around with him.
The point . is absolute
Wanderingdragon
Wuji

Postby yusuf on Fri Oct 23, 2009 11:18 am

great clip.. here in the uk we get a lot more wild kicking because peopel are used to playing football...
[Seeking and not seeking are the problem...]
lol, there really isn't a problem at all
yusuf
Great Old One

Postby Andy_S on Fri Oct 23, 2009 11:05 pm

SNIP
Just shows CMA trained properly is merely an extension natural responses placed in a systematic format.
SNIP

What does this have to do with CMA? There are none of the classic tactics that define CMA: Bridging, trapping, turning the opponents corner, crossing the opponet, etc - just punch-punch-punch. If anything, it shows the guy is a natural boxer.

RE: "in war, you don't want him to get back up:"
Firstly, I have never heard of anyone having a crushed skull from a stamp kick (particularly in war, where combatants routinely wear helmets). AFAIK, a stamp kick to the skull is a rare tactic in CMA (I dont ever recall seeing it practiced in a TCMA form or otherwise taught - there again, I have not seen everything). Morever, it is common military tactical sense for to wound rather than outright kill the opponent. (A dead man does not require removal from the battlefield, and is much less demoralizing for this comrades, and places a logistical burden on his comrades. If captured, a dead man is far less useful for intelligence purposes.)

As for nobody rolling around on the ground in this particular ruck: You are right. However, anyone who denies that fights can - and frequently do - go to the grapple and/or the ground is, I politely suggest, living in cloud cuckoo land. If you have never had this component in your training, you are missing out on an important (and interesting) area of MA, it is as simple as that.

Ends rant.
Services available:
Pies scoffed. Ales quaffed. Beds shat. Oiks irked. Chavs chinned. Thugs thumped. Sacks split. Arses goosed. Udders ogled. Canines consumed. Sheep shagged.Matrons outraged. Vicars enlightened. PM for rates.
Andy_S
Great Old One

Previous

Return to Video Links