Russian Shuia PH

A collection of links to internal martial arts videos. Serious martial arts videos ONLY. Joke videos go to Off the Topic.

Russian Shuia PH

Postby Andy_S on Sat Oct 24, 2009 6:40 am

Services available:
Pies scoffed. Ales quaffed. Beds shat. Oiks irked. Chavs chinned. Thugs thumped. Sacks split. Arses goosed. Udders ogled. Canines consumed. Sheep shagged.Matrons outraged. Vicars enlightened. PM for rates.
Andy_S
Great Old One

Re: Russian Shuia PH

Postby Bhassler on Sat Oct 24, 2009 7:00 am

Excellent. I think these are the same guys that did the translation of Chen Xin's book. I really liked how they appear to have a clear training progression and how they mine the applications out of some of the more athletic moves in the form. Nice find!
What I'm after isn't flexible bodies, but flexible brains.
--Moshe Feldenkrais
Bhassler
Great Old One

Postby Andy_S on Sat Oct 24, 2009 7:35 am

Did they translate Chen Xin's book? I had the impression that they dont do Taiji per se, they focus almost entirely on PH. But the way they are coming at this, is very similar to the way they teach in Chen Village.
Services available:
Pies scoffed. Ales quaffed. Beds shat. Oiks irked. Chavs chinned. Thugs thumped. Sacks split. Arses goosed. Udders ogled. Canines consumed. Sheep shagged.Matrons outraged. Vicars enlightened. PM for rates.
Andy_S
Great Old One

Postby Bhassler on Sat Oct 24, 2009 12:59 pm

I don't know if they did the actual translating, but they're selling it on their site, and they appear to be the only ones doing so...
What I'm after isn't flexible bodies, but flexible brains.
--Moshe Feldenkrais
Bhassler
Great Old One

Postby Formosa Neijia on Sat Oct 24, 2009 9:13 pm

Andy_S wrote:Did they translate Chen Xin's book? I had the impression that they dont do Taiji per se, they focus almost entirely on PH. But the way they are coming at this, is very similar to the way they teach in Chen Village.

Yes, they translated Chen Xin's book. And the founder is connected to Chen Xiao-wang. Lots of judo/sambo in that clip. Nice.
Last edited by Formosa Neijia on Sat Oct 24, 2009 9:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Time to put the QUAN back in taijiQUAN. Time to put the YANG back in YANG style taiji.
Formosa Neijia
Great Old One

Postby Fubo on Sat Oct 24, 2009 9:28 pm

Nice! I only wish they did less flashy video editing.
Fubo
Wuji

Postby Andy_S on Sun Oct 25, 2009 2:55 am

Formosa:

Where is the Judo/sambo?

All this is common in Chen shuai PH, bar the bit when the guys stands with his arms crossed and the other guy pushes him (though that kind of thing is certainly very common to other Taiji styles).
Services available:
Andy_S
Great Old One

Postby cloudz on Mon Oct 26, 2009 6:15 am

Probably means the sacrifice throws Andy.. I doubt they practice those in the village. :)

Yea these are those Alchemy of Push hands guys. I know they have some links with Chen, but I also think a bunch of other stuff stuff too. Very Taoist and all that. They actually have some seminars in London coming up imminently, I have the flyer at home. Having seen that, I might try to catch some looks better than I expected.

Ha, flipping round the guys back - hilarious! Dude looks like he has some genuine skills though.
Regards
George

London UK
cloudz
Great Old One

Return to Video Links