Aussie Skinheads' Taiji: Slap-Schlappedy-Slap

A collection of links to internal martial arts videos. Serious martial arts videos ONLY. Joke videos go to Off the Topic.

Aussie Skinheads' Taiji: Slap-Schlappedy-Slap

Postby Andy_S on Sat Oct 24, 2009 7:28 am

Some rather nice applied Taji here: I think the effect of their strikes is a bit overdone - a bloke takes flight after an elbow? - but there is some good head control and (critically) they are working their material at the right range for Taiji, IMHO. I also love the catch and throw of the kick near the end: He turns on a sixpence and really posts the guy.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LNIeZgvM ... re=related

And some seminar footage here: Lots of push-pushedy-push (against the skinniest fellows in the house) but the guy is really good at turning the opponent's corner and shows some good drills to get this from PH. Nice stuff.

http://www.youtube.com/user/andymach33# ... NZEDTAvDeY
Services available:
Pies scoffed. Ales quaffed. Beds shat. Oiks irked. Chavs chinned. Thugs thumped. Sacks split. Arses goosed. Udders ogled. Canines consumed. Sheep shagged.Matrons outraged. Vicars enlightened. PM for rates.
Andy_S
Great Old One

Re: Aussie Skinheads' Taiji: Slap-Schlappedy-Slap

Postby Strange on Sat Oct 24, 2009 11:00 am

i think this is not ghey, thanks
天官指星 单对月 风摆荷叶 影成双

岳武穆王以枪为拳, 六合形意李门世根, 形意拳五行为先, 论身法六合为首,少揽闲事心田静, 多读拳谱武艺精 - 李洛能 (形意拳谱)
Strange
Great Old One

Postby Wanderingdragon on Sat Oct 24, 2009 11:25 am

Good drills, pretty good choreography at the end, I too like the handling of that kick but the second attacker came to slow , broke the cadence
The point . is absolute
Wanderingdragon
Wuji

Postby GrahamB on Sat Oct 24, 2009 1:04 pm

I think they could make it look better if the attackers didn't run in, deliver a punch and then stand their with their arm out waiting to be dispatched. Sure, it means you can do more flashy moves, but... but hey, it's not that bad.

Also - they're all head-shaving Buddhists, that's why they have skin heads.
Last edited by GrahamB on Sat Oct 24, 2009 1:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.
One does not simply post on RSF.
The Tai Chi Notebook
GrahamB
Great Old One

Postby Adam S on Sun Oct 25, 2009 1:52 am

GrahamB wrote:I think they could make it look better if the attackers didn't run in, deliver a punch and then stand their with their arm out waiting to be dispatched

+1

Doesn't Andymach 33 post on this site??
Proud Tree & Qi Hugger
Adam S
Wuji

Postby Andy_S on Sun Oct 25, 2009 2:53 am

Graham:

This idea of the "attacker" running in an pushing on your arm or placing their hand on your chest is the bane of Taiji people's lives. I fully agree:
Nobody holds their arm after a "punch":
Nobody attacks you by pushing (or gently placing their hands on your extended forearm); and
If someone puts your hand on your chest, it is to give you a bloody big push, or grab your jacket.

IMHO, a lot of Taiji peeps PH poorly equips them for grapples or grabs...what happens if they get past your arms and into a clinch? ...but that having been said, I thought this was, on the whole, a good demo. Albeit very different to the Taiji (Chen style) that I do.
Services available:
Pies scoffed. Ales quaffed. Beds shat. Oiks irked. Chavs chinned. Thugs thumped. Sacks split. Arses goosed. Udders ogled. Canines consumed. Sheep shagged.Matrons outraged. Vicars enlightened. PM for rates.
Andy_S
Great Old One

Postby zenshiite on Tue Oct 27, 2009 1:29 am

From the thread title I was expecting guys to be doing taiji in boot n braces and a Fred Perry...
"The powers that be don't give a shit!" - Raybeez RIP
zenshiite
Wuji

Return to Video Links