Sakuraba!

A collection of links to internal martial arts videos. Serious martial arts videos ONLY. Joke videos go to Off the Topic.

Sakuraba!

Postby grzegorz on Tue Oct 27, 2009 11:44 pm

"Those who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities." - Voltaire
grzegorz
Wuji

Re: Sakuraba!

Postby Dai Zhi Qiang on Wed Oct 28, 2009 4:15 am

Damn he aint fighting still is he?
Dai Zhi Qiang
Great Old One

Postby Chris Fleming on Wed Oct 28, 2009 7:43 am

He sure knows how to keep after that sub. Have to say though, this shows the difference between combat sport and Teh Streetz!!!
Chris Fleming

Postby ilove_thistuff on Wed Oct 28, 2009 3:12 pm

what i like is how they didnt stop the fight even though it seemed like saku was in a bad position and getting pummeled he really went for that sub really well.
Last edited by ilove_thistuff on Wed Oct 28, 2009 3:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.
ilove_thistuff
Anjing

Postby grzegorz on Wed Oct 28, 2009 6:39 pm

Yeah that is the thing about Sak you make one mistake and it is all over.
"Those who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities." - Voltaire
grzegorz
Wuji

Postby Josealb on Wed Oct 28, 2009 7:03 pm

Damn...the announcer almost had an orgasm while introducing Sakuraba.
Man carcass in alley this morning...
Josealb
Great Old One

Postby Michael Dasargo on Wed Oct 28, 2009 11:16 pm

wow. i thought sak was gon lose. dangerous...dangerous man
Michael Dasargo
Anjing

Postby JAB on Thu Oct 29, 2009 3:02 pm

Chris
On the street he would have gotten up and walked away after the first heel hook. Later Sak's opponent stated that the knee popped at the heel hook, but he just kept going, it popped again at the toe hold but he kept going, and then on the knee bar the pain was too much.
Homeboy showed up to the interview after the fight in a wheelchair!! Dumbass!! You get paid the same whether you last 1 or 10 minutes! Now his knee is destroyed and he will be off the mat for at least 6 months! Dumbass!

So on the street Sak could have popped it, got up and walked away.

Jake
JAB

Postby grzegorz on Fri Oct 30, 2009 1:57 pm

JAB wrote:Later Sak's opponent stated that the knee popped at the heel hook, but he just kept going, it popped again at the toe hold but he kept going, and then on the knee bar the pain was too much.
Homeboy showed up to the interview after the fight in a wheelchair!! Dumbass!! You get paid the same whether you last 1 or 10 minutes! Now his knee is destroyed and he will be off the mat for at least 6 months! Dumbass!

There goes that career...
grzegorz
Wuji

Postby Juan on Fri Oct 30, 2009 2:21 pm

Josealb wrote:Damn...the announcer almost had an orgasm while introducing Sakuraba.

I think I would too...Sakuraba is a damn legend.
Juan
Great Old One

Postby Chris Fleming on Fri Oct 30, 2009 3:54 pm

JAB wrote:Chris
On the street he would have gotten up and walked away after the first heel hook. Later Sak's opponent stated that the knee popped at the heel hook, but he just kept going, it popped again at the toe hold but he kept going, and then on the knee bar the pain was too much.

So on the street Sak could have popped it, got up and walked away.

Jake

I would venture a guess that on Teh Streetz the other guy's buddies would have stomped him while he was going for the heel hooks.

But you're right about him being a dumbass for getting his knee ripped apart.
Chris Fleming

Postby Chris Fleming on Fri Oct 30, 2009 3:55 pm

Josealb wrote:Damn...the announcer almost had an orgasm while introducing Sakuraba.

YES
Chris Fleming

Postby JAB on Sat Oct 31, 2009 8:18 am

Chris
Where are your hommies while his hommies are kicking your head in??
Jake
JAB

Postby Chris Fleming on Sat Oct 31, 2009 10:27 am

They are all in some BJJ-for-Teh-Streetz class!

But seriously, back when I lived in Pittsburgh there was this guy who held his own fight club in his downtown penthouse. He was rich (due to computer R&D work) but was kind of crazy like that and trained muay thai. The doorman would joke with people coming to his little gatherings by saying "ah, more victims". Anyway, he had no problem bringing nearly anyone to his place, including gang members. They would talk about what they would really do when they wanted to rob someone. They basically swarm a guy. Didn't matter how big or strong the guy is, it's at least 5 on one, by surprise, with all of them tackling you, and your ass is robbed before you even know what the hell happened. There's no discussion, there's no "give me your wallet or else" standoffs. It's bum rush and you're beat up and robbed. That's the point, it's not supposed to be fair. It's not supposed to happen any other way. That's why I say you won't be doing heel hook submissions on the street in a situation like that.
Chris Fleming

Postby chud on Sat Oct 31, 2009 1:24 pm

Sakuraba has always been my favorite fighter in MMA.
chud
Great Old One

Next

Return to Video Links