Yang Jwing Ming 1988

A collection of links to internal martial arts videos. Serious martial arts videos ONLY. Joke videos go to Off the Topic.

Re: Yang Jwing Ming 1988

Postby edededed on Fri Oct 30, 2009 7:17 pm

I remember trying very hard to see this rare TV program - back in the day there was little other media regarding CMA at all! I don't think the program came off as an infomercial - pretty interesting how Yang talked about his qinna book as a lifesaver for him (he said that qinna books sell well :D ). Seems pretty honest, and all.

The taiji does look a bit atypical with the strong fajin - I guess that is the white crane influence? Incidentally, I would have been most interested in learning his white crane out of the three styles, but I guess he does not really teach that primarily, unfortunately...
edededed
Great Old One

Postby meeks on Fri Oct 30, 2009 9:23 pm

I went to one of Yang Jwing Ming's seminars. I managed to get used as his tackle dummy for demonstrating each technique he taught. His qin na was 'tough' but not 'deep' like some other guys I've had lock me. But I still give him kudos on his qin na, for sure. His taichi is much like LSY's - I don't hold any regard for it.

The guy at 4:37 is a shuai jia master? seriously? I saw very little that suggested a depth of skill. but in his own defense it was only a 5 second clip.
"The power of Christ compels you!" *spank*
now with ADDED SMOOTHOSITY! ;D
meeks
Administrator

Postby C.J.Wang on Fri Oct 30, 2009 9:48 pm

meeks wrote:I went to one of Yang Jwing Ming's seminars. I managed to get used as his tackle dummy for demonstrating each technique he taught. His qin na was 'tough' but not 'deep' like some other guys I've had lock me.

Interesting. Care to elaborate?
C.J.Wang
Wuji

Postby meeks on Sat Oct 31, 2009 12:20 pm

not really. too hard to put to words
"The power of Christ compels you!" *spank*
now with ADDED SMOOTHOSITY! ;D
meeks
Administrator

Postby C.J.Wang on Sat Oct 31, 2009 2:22 pm

I am asking because I can sort of relate to what you were saying -- tough but not deep. Because I started my MA training 10 years ago with Jujitsu and Aikido, joint locking has always been a big focus for me. Whenever I run into someone who's good at Chin-Na, I always volunteer to be the test dummy so that I can expereince their skills first hand.

Most of the so-called Chin-Na masters I've encountered can put a lock on me and make me feel pain in the particular joints they applied pressure to, but there have only been a couple of very skilled people who can control my body as soon as they applied the lock, and that my mind felt completely blank and unaware of the fact during the process. The pain didn't even kick in until I realized that I was totally screwed.
Last edited by C.J.Wang on Sat Oct 31, 2009 2:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.
C.J.Wang
Wuji

Postby Peacedog on Sat Oct 31, 2009 3:08 pm

xxxxxxxxxxx
Last edited by Peacedog on Fri Sep 30, 2016 5:51 am, edited 1 time in total.
Peacedog
Great Old One

Postby Shuaidanati on Sat Oct 31, 2009 4:10 pm

That is Shuai Jiao Master Jeng Hsing Ping at 4:37 with his student Shifu Gomez.

He has some incredible Shuai Jiao skills.

thanks for the vid

Actually its Jeng Hsing Ping and his seniormost student Gonzalo Hernandez Jr.
Shuaidanati
Santi

Postby C.J.Wang on Sat Oct 31, 2009 6:02 pm

Peacedog wrote:CJ Wang,

When they did this did it feel like they were holding you with their whole body versus just their hands and arms?

Thanks,

Peacedog

They did it from simple wrist and elbow locks using just their hands and arms. That's why I was impressed.
C.J.Wang
Wuji

Previous

Return to Video Links