Combat Taiji ...*clip*

A collection of links to internal martial arts videos. Serious martial arts videos ONLY. Joke videos go to Off the Topic.

Re: Combat Taiji ...*clip*

Postby chicagoTaiJi on Tue Jun 17, 2008 9:51 am

the applications are not very strong... he does not put his whole body (weight) into them.

but when the opponent willingly falls for him, it makes it look more powerful, i guess.
chicagoTaiJi
Anjing

Postby mixjourneyman on Tue Jun 17, 2008 11:39 am

Ah fuck it!
Last edited by mixjourneyman on Tue Jun 17, 2008 11:42 am, edited 1 time in total.
mixjourneyman
Great Old One

Postby sdf on Tue Jun 17, 2008 2:36 pm

Syd wrote:
sdf wrote:angry face guy :)

Eh? ???

just look at his facial expression when he strikes:)

P.S. This clip was discussed before on other form. Master Wong represent external style adopting taijiquan applications no more no less.
sdf
Santi

Postby Repulsive Monkey on Tue Jun 17, 2008 4:06 pm

From all of his youtube clips, I've never seen him actually do anything that was Taiji, I think the countless subjects Mr Wang totalled to what has already been mentioned i.e. his Taiji credentials are at most shaky and that his predominance was JKD. He doesn't seem to exhibit much that relates to Taiji in his fighting videos I'm afraid.
Last edited by Repulsive Monkey on Thu Jun 19, 2008 11:53 am, edited 2 times in total.
Repulsive Monkey
Santi

Postby Syd on Tue Jun 17, 2008 5:53 pm

I am aware he tends to exhibit external aspects ... I went to search for information on his background and could not find one jot of information about who he trained with for Taijiquan and for how long etc ... that made me suspicious right away because generally you would expect somebody like this to hang their creds out there for all to see. I can totally understand anybody arguing that he doesn't stick with Taiji principles but within the Taiji format that he represents I think people like him have as much a place as the all health tribes.

I'll say it again ... we could nit pick but I liked seeing Taiji represented martially for once - I suspect he has a background in Wushu and then worked from the JKD and Wing Chun angle to come back into Taiji Combat but hey ... it doesn't bother me all that much, I quite like it.
Syd
Santi

Previous

Return to Video Links