Cai Songfang found on youtube

A collection of links to internal martial arts videos. Serious martial arts videos ONLY. Joke videos go to Off the Topic.

Re: Cai Songfang found on youtube

Postby I-mon on Tue Nov 10, 2009 2:11 pm

Yeah he told me to stand for at least 20 minutes at a time at least 3 times a day, gradually increasing the time until I could stand for 50 minutes at a time at which point I could reduce it to only once a day, but of course if I wanted to get skill quicker then several sessions would be better.

Cai is a lovely guy, he felt incredibly peaceful, and was a pleasure to be around. He is a meditation practitioner who I think has gone far beyond the mere pursuit of power.

Markus I'm glad to hear you're still there and still training with him!
I-mon
Great Old One

Postby ors on Wed Nov 11, 2009 8:17 am

Guys!

Thank you very much for the informations!

In our training process zhan zhuang also has a big part. My teacher emphasizes the "taiji" posture or "san yuan" (three circles) posture, for one hour (continously) per day. He said we mustn't do too much because we can make some damage to our bones. If we want to practice more standing we have to take some rest between two sessions. On hour in the morning, one hour in the evening. That's enough... :) It sounds quite similar to Cai's methods to me...:)

Örs
ors
Wuji

Postby Josealb on Wed Nov 11, 2009 9:01 am

I read somewhere, a comment from Serge Augier regarding standing. He said after a standing session its always a good thing to move a bit, taiji works like a charm for this, so you can make the accumulated energy flow and prevent it from stagnating.

Makes plenty of sense.
Man carcass in alley this morning...
Josealb
Great Old One

Postby Haoran on Wed Nov 11, 2009 10:53 am

ors wrote:Guys!

Thank you very much for the informations!

In our training process zhan zhuang also has a big part. My teacher emphasizes the "taiji" posture or "san yuan" (three circles) posture, for one hour (continously) per day. He said we mustn't do too much because we can make some damage to our bones. If we want to practice more standing we have to take some rest between two sessions. On hour in the morning, one hour in the evening. That's enough... :) It sounds quite similar to Cai's methods to me...:)

Örs

Yes, this generally the consensus among "good hearted" teachers. I met a Qigong woman one time and when we parted ways due to disagreements she said "you need to practice ZZ for two hours straight without stop every day to have the same benefit as my qigong"... lol.

Funny thing was was her qigong also took 2 hours to complete.
Last edited by Haoran on Wed Nov 11, 2009 10:54 am, edited 1 time in total.
Haoran
Wuji

Postby neijia_boxer on Thu Nov 12, 2009 11:48 am

Yes, this generally the consensus among "good hearted" teachers. I met a Qigong woman one time and when we parted ways due to disagreements she said "you need to practice ZZ for two hours straight without stop every day to have the same benefit as my qigong"... lol.

Funny thing was was her qigong also took 2 hours to complete.

Funny i know a few women who have done taiji or qigong who felt they had superior skills as well. they behave they way cause they are threatened by you :)
neijia_boxer

Postby Haoran on Wed Nov 18, 2009 6:35 pm

I have the Tai Chi article by Marvin Smalheiser and Fong Ha written in the early 90s as well as other information in Chinese about Teacher Cai and his art saved to PDF.

Anyone who would like a copy let me know and I'll send it to you.
Last edited by Haoran on Wed Nov 18, 2009 6:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Haoran
Wuji

Previous

Return to Video Links