Zhang Xuexin (Chen taiji)

A collection of links to internal martial arts videos. Serious martial arts videos ONLY. Joke videos go to Off the Topic.

Re: Zhang Xuexin (Chen taiji)

Postby ors on Fri Nov 20, 2009 3:08 am

Tom!

Thank you very much!
It is a historical treasure!
It is fascinating that how similar his body type and shenfa to Feng Zhiqiang laoshi's that day. I think the video abot Feng's elbow form is very close to theese in time and his shenfa and body tipe is also very, very similar to Zhang's.
I have vids about my own teacher from about '89 or '90. He wears in that video a similar white pijama than Zhang in the second clip. They also move and look quite similar on those videos.
It means that Feng was a serious teacher and his students had to practice hard, I think.

From that time, they have separated from Feng, so they developed themselves diffenetly. Interesting to compare them nowadays. :)

Thank you very much!

Örs
Last edited by ors on Fri Nov 20, 2009 3:09 am, edited 1 time in total.
ors
Wuji

Re: Zhang Xuexin (Chen taiji)

Postby Andy_S on Fri Nov 20, 2009 9:03 pm

Tom:

Thanks for posting. Interesting that back then, he was demoing some application - you VERY rarely see that from Chen teachers these days. I have never seen that paricular staff spinning exercises before, though we do that dantien circle on a daily basis. Good stuff.
Services available:
Pies scoffed. Ales quaffed. Beds shat. Oiks irked. Chavs chinned. Thugs thumped. Sacks split. Arses goosed. Udders ogled. Canines consumed. Sheep shagged.Matrons outraged. Vicars enlightened. PM for rates.
Andy_S
Great Old One

Return to Video Links