Posts Clips of your HAO

A collection of links to internal martial arts videos. Serious martial arts videos ONLY. Joke videos go to Off the Topic.

Posts Clips of your HAO

Postby Muad'dib on Tue Jun 17, 2008 5:26 pm

That's right PUNKS!

I found the clips I posted from ages ago. Here we go with an exaggerated rendition of the Hao brush knee opening.

Filmed 2005.

Ah, there we go.
Last edited by Muad'dib on Tue Jun 17, 2008 5:36 pm, edited 2 times in total.
I am no longer allowed to make statements regarding international politics in a public forum.
Muad'dib
Great Old One

Re: Posts Clips of your HAO

Postby qiphlow on Tue Jun 17, 2008 6:42 pm

whoa! dude, you can TELEPORT? ? ? (see 0:44 to 0:46) ;D

on a more serious note, is there some xingyi influence in hao style? i saw what looked like some santi stances in there.
overall i liked the clip!
esoteric voodoo wizard
qiphlow
Great Old One

Postby Muad'dib on Tue Jun 17, 2008 6:47 pm

In this particular method, there is a little bit. My teacher learned quite a number of internal styles and blended them at times, in very small ways. I think the san ti you see here is actually fairly orthodox Hao.
I am no longer allowed to make statements regarding international politics in a public forum.
Muad'dib
Great Old One

Postby nianfong on Tue Jun 17, 2008 8:21 pm

whoa I haven't seen these in ages.... still looks so weird to me... is the dan tian involved for all the hand motions? I suppose we'd need to zoom in to see?

the brush knee is totally reminiscent of a pi quan...hm, very cool.

but this isn't the one that looked "alien" to me way back when I don't think. that was a different angle in that temple.

-Fong
nianfong
Administrator

Postby Muad'dib on Tue Jun 17, 2008 8:25 pm

No, I haven't posted that one, when I looked at the difference between the other WJQ clip I posted and the one I had posted back in the day, I felt that I didn't like how the later one represented a degradation of what I had learned, even with the 2 year lapse as an excuse.

Hao style uses extremely small circles, as does the style of Wu JQ that I learned. The dan tien is active in all the movements you see.
Muad'dib
Great Old One

Postby nianfong on Wed Jun 18, 2008 12:33 am

ah I see. yeah from what I remember of the "alien" one, this one looks much better. I can see some of the small dantian motions.
nianfong
Administrator

Postby Mut on Wed Jun 18, 2008 3:18 am

Nice to see some hao, I'll try and post my corresponding piece tomorrow. It looks to me like the hands and body are disconnected in movement in that vid though . Yout lazy tying coat has the bottom hand much lower than how I train it. Anyway, I'll try to get up a comparison.
"I've done 19 years of Tae Kwon Do.... I'm a blackbelt third dan.... I don't think I should start with your beginners..." ....phone enquiry I recieved....
Mut
Great Old One

Postby ashe on Wed Jun 18, 2008 10:58 am

so what attracted you to wu/hao?
discipline, concentration & wisdom
----------------------------------------
http://fallingleaveskungfu.com/
Facebook
Instagram
ashe
Great Old One

Postby Muad'dib on Wed Jun 18, 2008 12:16 pm

My teacher. I didn't choose a style, I chose/was chosen by my teacher. At the time, all her students (with one exception) had to learn Hao style first.

After a year I began to focus on learning ba xing bagua, until one day she decided to teach WJQ. I did the form, and was told that hence forth I should focus primarily/damn near exclusively on WJQ. Hence my WJQ is always better than my Wu/hao or bagua. As for why WJQ, I was told I had a knack for it, and it just felt right.
Muad'dib
Great Old One

Postby Mut on Wed Jun 18, 2008 8:27 pm

Hey Zhong, here is a small piece of my Hao.

your brush knee looks more like 'lazy tying the coat' to me.... which is the first part of what I put up, the last part is 'brush knee and twist step'
"I've done 19 years of Tae Kwon Do.... I'm a blackbelt third dan.... I don't think I should start with your beginners..." ....phone enquiry I recieved....
Mut
Great Old One

Postby Muad'dib on Thu Jun 19, 2008 3:49 am

haha, aren't kids a blast? I don't think I could get my kids to leave me alone that long.

And you are right, it was lazy tying coat, I just really don't care about names.
Muad'dib
Great Old One

Postby Mut on Thu Jun 19, 2008 5:01 am

lol, I am not one for names either.... but for some reason I just remember that one... i had to check my notes for the other name.... so I could come off all knowledgeable. I just got lucky the older one stopped the little one from whacking me with the stick.
Mut
Great Old One

Postby ashe on Thu Jun 19, 2008 1:02 pm

wow. very different shen fa than what i'm used to.
discipline, concentration & wisdom
----------------------------------------
http://fallingleaveskungfu.com/
Facebook
Instagram
ashe
Great Old One

Postby Mut on Thu Jun 19, 2008 4:05 pm

yes, I have found adjusting to Hao a hard process. I find the shen fa very hard, I have found that it has helped my KF a lot though. While I like Hao it is very difficult to do (despite the high frame) I am concidering changing to Chen. I think the form is a little more in line with my current head space. When I started I chose Hao because my teacher explained that I would get all the principles and the like from Hao to use in my KF, and seeing as I already have a lot of Techniques at my disposal it may be better than Chen (for me, not as an art) But being who I am I want more stuff that I can use in application (Hao is applicable, but difficult, and it all pretty much looks the same as the circles are so small)
Mut
Great Old One

Postby Muad'dib on Thu Jun 19, 2008 4:53 pm

yeah, I agree with Mut. Hao is all about the subtlety. I think it has everything that the other styles have, but because its even harder, it tends to drive its students to be either very high level or very low level.
Muad'dib
Great Old One

Next

Return to Video Links