Some nice Baji clips

A collection of links to internal martial arts videos. Serious martial arts videos ONLY. Joke videos go to Off the Topic.

Some nice Baji clips

Postby Josealb on Mon Nov 30, 2009 9:24 pm

Nothing flashy. Just straight to the point entries.

Then there's this kid. Very nice frame. He might get scary in a few years.

Man carcass in alley this morning...
Josealb
Great Old One

Re: Some nice Baji clips

Postby Kurt Robbins on Mon Nov 30, 2009 9:43 pm

Those applications are laughable…so thanks, I needed a good laugh.
Kurt Robbins
Huajing

Postby Brady on Mon Nov 30, 2009 10:56 pm

Kurt Robbins wrote:Those applications are laughable…so thanks, I needed a good laugh.

What did you think was laughable?
Brady
Wuji

Postby Josealb on Tue Dec 01, 2009 6:38 am

I guess if you consider the speed they were done, the pieces each was divided in, the pauses for explanation and possibilities in the middle, while at the same time not having the imagination, skill or the experience in the subject to put all the pieces together and see their use....

Yeah, i would laugh too. Im glad you liked them.
Josealb
Great Old One

Postby Kurt Robbins on Tue Dec 01, 2009 8:56 am

What's laughable is the same shit I keep bringing up over and over again. It's unrealistic to practice that way, unless your interested in fighting people who's natural habit is to jump into a static stance, punch and leave the arm hanging out and leave the whole left side of the body limp and useless. This is not an effective princple to use and has no logical base or transition into reality.
If it actually worked that would be a different story.

All of that worked because his "helper" was limp, unreactive and useless which reinforced the illusion that those applications would work.

Here is an example of a cooperating partner who does not become limp, unreactive and useless:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GTNZhnAU ... re=related

And as far as skill, I'm sitting at my computer with a black eye, cut lip, matt burn on my face and a cut over my eye from sparring for about three hours yesterday. What do you have? a doughnut?
Last edited by Kurt Robbins on Tue Dec 01, 2009 9:06 am, edited 2 times in total.
Kurt Robbins
Huajing

Postby SPJ on Tue Dec 01, 2009 9:00 am

some apps from liang yi ding and lion opening its mouth, lion carrying the ball. (the sequence in xiao jia)

however, some follow up from one to the other may not be possible--

1. double bent elbow to go inside, may be followed by double forearm push to the chest and the opponent falls since your lead leg is behind his lead leg-- this is called iron fan.

2. they interprete lion opening mouth into groin hitting palm or wrist. actually, it is a technique to throw. it is a posture after liang yi ding in the forms. but you use it in a different set up.

----

at the end, one of many lion opening mouth apps, you have to use one hand to control the hip area and the other to pick up lower leg to throw.

---
cool. thanks for posting.
Last edited by SPJ on Tue Dec 01, 2009 9:06 am, edited 2 times in total.
SPJ
Wuji

Postby Bob on Tue Dec 01, 2009 9:07 am

Bob
Great Old One

Postby Josealb on Tue Dec 01, 2009 9:40 am

You missed the point. That wasn't practice. That was not training.

Hope you recover from your injuries. Ive been banged up a bit before during training, and afterwards everything else just seemed small and unimportant, with the volume turned down. I guess you're like that now.

Here is an example of a cooperating partner who does not become limp, unreactive and useless:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GTNZhnAU9e4&feature=related

I think you linked the wrong clip? am i missing something?
Last edited by Josealb on Tue Dec 01, 2009 9:47 am, edited 2 times in total.
Josealb
Great Old One

Postby Kurt Robbins on Tue Dec 01, 2009 9:58 am

No, youtube has adds now.
If your attributing that I watched the clip without volume like I missed something, your wrong. Before I post anything I try to be as meticulous as I possibly can. I am just fed up with seeing this form of thought when it comes to "Baji" training, thinking or whatever. The unrealistic, fantasy ridden ideology that is rampant in that system is frustrating.
I only comment on issues that I do have experiance in, otherwise I stay quiet.

As far as injuries, those aren't injuries, they are common place and necessary for learning if you want to realistically apply your art.
Last edited by Kurt Robbins on Tue Dec 01, 2009 10:06 am, edited 1 time in total.
Kurt Robbins
Huajing

Postby Josealb on Tue Dec 01, 2009 10:03 am

Yes, i see. The guy certainly does not become limp, unreactive and useless. Thanks.
Josealb
Great Old One

Postby Kurt Robbins on Tue Dec 01, 2009 10:07 am

Not meaning to come off like an ass- and this is not pointed at you, but at Baji practitioners.
Kurt Robbins
Huajing

Postby Brady on Tue Dec 01, 2009 12:18 pm

So if those applications were demoed on a more reactive opponent you would have been ok with them? I like the ideas, its pretty clear how you could apply them in real time I think.
Brady
Wuji

Postby Wanderingdragon on Tue Dec 01, 2009 12:42 pm

Kurt Robbins wrote:And as far as skill, I'm sitting at my computer with a black eye, cut lip, matt burn on my face and a cut over my eye from sparring for about three hours yesterday. What do you have? a doughnut?

I know, I know, I really have nothing to show, I'm sure you'll say I've never been in a fight, so WhoTF are you, but... to me , the bumps and bruises you speak of, are a sure sign of ... a lack of skills. I know I shouldn't have said anything, because I will say no more, but I'm just sayin'
The point . is absolute
Wanderingdragon
Wuji

Postby Kurt Robbins on Tue Dec 01, 2009 1:26 pm

If the applications would have been performed on an unwilling opponent, they would not have worked.

Wanderingdragon: you could look at it that way and in a sense that is true, but that is how you honestly learn how to apply working techniques, when your opponent actively punches back. People look great on inanimate objects. You can also delude yourself into an illusion when your not being punched in the face.
My comment wasn't meant as an "I'm a bad ass" it was meant rather as an "I am actually trying realistically".
Kurt Robbins
Huajing

Postby I am... on Tue Dec 01, 2009 2:14 pm

Kurt Robbins wrote:If the applications would have been performed on an unwilling opponent, they would not have worked.

If nothing else, they all leave the person open to being clinched and taken down by even the most untrained of individuals. The unwilling opponent might be hurt due to the techniques he used, but if they arent incapacitated that just makes it more likely that they are going to seek retribution in an escalated manner once they get him on the floor.
Last edited by I am... on Tue Dec 01, 2009 2:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.
http://www.appliedcombat.com

"Once you have firmly decided that you face certain death, overwhelming thoughts of fear will be exhausted in your mind..."
-Hirayama Shiryu-
I am...
Wuji

Next

Return to Video Links