Yin style Kicking Methods

A collection of links to internal martial arts videos. Serious martial arts videos ONLY. Joke videos go to Off the Topic.

Yin style Kicking Methods

Postby D_Glenn on Sat Dec 05, 2009 4:29 pm

I don't normally post our material but this is a good intro to how the 8 kicking methods work and also shows a little of how open the hips need to be for doing the proper bagua kicking: http://www.facebook.com/pages/Yin-Style ... 2392950137

Watch The second clip first which shows the 踹 Chuai (Stomping) kick and explains the differences of the 屈 Qu (Bending) kick. Stomping is the signature kick of the Lion.

The first clip shows the 擺 Bai (Swinging) kick. This is also known as the signature kick of the dragon system. It also shows the 'swinging kick' using the 'stomping' or 'bending' to demonstrate how they're all inter-connected.

The 8 kicks all have 'zhan zhuang' standing postures to help develop them as well as line drills, standing, or kicking while 'turning'.

屈 1- Qu1 (Bending) 踹 2- Chuai4 (Stomping) 崩 3- Beng1 (Splitting) 胯 4- Kua1 (Hip) 劈 5- Pi1 (Chopping) 擺 6- Bai3 (Swinging) 結 7- Jie2 (Intercepting) 頓 8- Dun4 (Finishing)

One part moves, every part moves; One part stops, every part stops.

YSB Internal Chinese Martial Arts Youtube
D_Glenn
Great Old One

Re: Yin style Kicking Methods

Postby somatai on Sat Dec 05, 2009 5:12 pm

Nice.....JB looking solid as always, he is one put together dude
Last edited by somatai on Sat Dec 05, 2009 5:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.
somatai

Postby shawnsegler on Sat Dec 05, 2009 7:57 pm

Anyway you could put it on youtube or something like that. For some reason my computer has a problem with flash stuff.

Best,

S
I prefer
You behind the wheel
And me the passenger
shawnsegler
Great Old One

Postby C.J.Wang on Sun Dec 06, 2009 8:00 am

The stomping kicks and applications shown in the second clips look exactly like the ones I learned in Gao. Very interesting!
C.J.Wang
Wuji

Postby stma on Sun Dec 06, 2009 9:28 am

Let us know when the DVD is available.
It is necessary to drink alcohol and pursue other fun human activities. The art (i.e. karate) of someone who is too serious has no "flavour."

Motobu Choki
stma
Mingjing

Postby Bob on Sun Dec 06, 2009 4:18 pm

Keep them coming--you guys are on the marketing cutting edge and the product is good, very good.
Bob
Great Old One

Return to Video Links