Some Hunyuan light spar

A collection of links to internal martial arts videos. Serious martial arts videos ONLY. Joke videos go to Off the Topic.

Some Hunyuan light spar

Postby Josealb on Fri Dec 11, 2009 11:20 pm

A bit of free form tuishou, and some very light sparring, but with spirit. No heavy blows, but good intent going on. Ive Never seen Hunyuan applied before. I enjoyed it.

The guy in black has got something.

Some random fight applications here, start at the 3:34 mark.

Last edited by Josealb on Fri Dec 11, 2009 11:52 pm, edited 3 times in total.
Man carcass in alley this morning...
Josealb
Great Old One

Re: Some Hunyuan light spar

Postby Andy_S on Sat Dec 12, 2009 4:00 am

Nice find. The tuisau is standard (albeit, very good) but the strikes and entries he does at the end of the second clip (strike - bridge - get head control - throw) are nice. You very, very rarely see that kind of training in Chen Taiji.

BTW, was that Feng he was pushing with in the first half of the 2nd clip? Looked like it.
Services available:
Pies scoffed. Ales quaffed. Beds shat. Oiks irked. Chavs chinned. Thugs thumped. Sacks split. Arses goosed. Udders ogled. Canines consumed. Sheep shagged.Matrons outraged. Vicars enlightened. PM for rates.
Andy_S
Great Old One

Postby ashe on Sat Dec 12, 2009 1:17 pm

meh. too much cooperation. the white boy clearly had a solid knee seizing more than once and he never really tried to do anything with it.
discipline, concentration & wisdom
----------------------------------------
http://fallingleaveskungfu.com/
Facebook
Instagram
ashe
Great Old One

Postby AllanF on Sun Dec 13, 2009 7:09 pm

I agree with Ashe, foreigner was clearly being very polite.
Not saying the other guy isn't good just saying he was made to look better.

In the second clip, the noodle arms like that is something i have learnt and been taught is not good. As you should be learning to take his force, redirect it and issue all within the core of the body, so eventually there is very little external movement. If you drop you arms like that then the opponent will know you are doing something and react accordingly. You should do it so that the opponent doesn't know anything is happening to him and indeed it should feel very comfortable for the opponent thus lulling him into a false sense of security which in turn means that you can apply your technique easily and effectively without and resistance on his part, or rather that your force can enter him smoothly without impediment.
Last edited by AllanF on Sun Dec 13, 2009 7:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.
AllanF

Postby Adam S on Wed Dec 16, 2009 3:22 am

Andy_S wrote: the strikes and entries he does at the end of the second clip (strike - bridge - get head control - throw) are nice. You very, very rarely see that kind of training in Chen Taiji.

Unfortunately

But it's not ultra rare depending on where & with whom you train
Proud Tree & Qi Hugger
Adam S
Wuji

Postby ors on Thu Dec 17, 2009 2:03 am

Andy_S wrote:BTW, was that Feng he was pushing with in the first half of the 2nd clip? Looked like it.

Hi Andy!

Since the date on the film is 2005, I wouldn't say it was Feng. Too young for him. I can't see him clearly, but the hairstyle and the bodytype... well, I think it can be Chen Xiang indeed...

Örs
ors
Wuji

Return to Video Links