new star of MMA?

A collection of links to internal martial arts videos. Serious martial arts videos ONLY. Joke videos go to Off the Topic.

new star of MMA?

Postby wiesiek on Mon Dec 14, 2009 5:03 am

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JepEh7IUmLY

this is 1st MMA fight of "strongest man of the world" champ/Pudzianowski/
his background - kiokushin
and lot of pumping iron :D
Joyful Fruits of the Live
wiesiek
Wuji

Re: new star of MMA?

Postby Areios on Mon Dec 14, 2009 2:50 pm

he's very strong. He is one more big question that skill can beat size or not. Hope he will going to have a good carrier and not end in freak fights.
Areios
Wuji

Postby DeusTrismegistus on Mon Dec 14, 2009 3:24 pm

Areios wrote:he's very strong. He is one more big question that skill can beat size or not. Hope he will going to have a good carrier and not end in freak fights.

He looks smaller than Bob Sapp and Noguiera beat Sapp only giving away 150 lbs or so. Honestly the big dudes skills seemed rather lacking to me, there are plenty of heavyweights near his size that have better skill from watching the vid.
I contend that for a nation to try to tax itself into prosperity is like a man standing in a

bucket and trying to lift himself up by the handle. -- Winston Churchill
DeusTrismegistus
Wuji

Postby Areios on Mon Dec 14, 2009 6:24 pm

i agree on that one. But some of them have very good skills. Hope he will gets there. And to add to that i think it was too fast to get into MMA for him.
Areios
Wuji

Postby Dr.Rob on Mon Dec 14, 2009 6:26 pm

AH Hello Friends where is his clip? taken down?
Having nothing to lose is the new wealth.

Profitez de la guerre mes enfants, la paix sera terrible.

Si vis pacem, para bellum.
Dr.Rob
Great Old One

Postby Areios on Mon Dec 14, 2009 6:37 pm

yeah it's taken down by copyrights here is a nother one.

with music and a very long entrence scene.
Areios
Wuji

Postby wiesiek on Tue Dec 15, 2009 1:03 am

DeusTrismegistus wrote:
Areios wrote:he's very strong. He is one more big question that skill can beat size or not. Hope he will going to have a good carrier and not end in freak fights.

He looks smaller than Bob Sapp and Noguiera beat Sapp only giving away 150 lbs or so. Honestly the big dudes skills seemed rather lacking to me, there are plenty of heavyweights near his size that have better skill from watching the vid.

he mayby is smaller but
he win couple of "strong men" contest in row
so his raw strenght is unquestionable
his MA skils are
and
this is the reason that i put his clip on our forum / recently we had lot of disscusion about use iron pumping in MA training/
Last edited by wiesiek on Tue Dec 15, 2009 1:05 am, edited 1 time in total.
wiesiek
Wuji

Postby Areios on Tue Dec 15, 2009 5:18 am

yep superior stregth is very very dangerous, no matter if he's just lightly skilled in the ART and don't give a fuck about internal.
Areios
Wuji

Postby bartekb on Tue Dec 15, 2009 5:48 am

Yes, a raw strenght of carrying heavy stuff really slowly or lifting things in a time limit. Its different imho to the dynamic strenght needed in punching.
Im surprised he won this one, he was complaining about serious knee problems in the past, I was pretty sure that after the initial flurry of punches he would run out of steam.
I would be much rather interested of seeing a polish judo legend NAstula fighting some more
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pawe%C5%82_Nastula
he did pretty well against the legends like Emalienko.
bartekb
Great Old One

Postby Areios on Tue Dec 15, 2009 6:17 am

bartekb wrote:

Yes, a raw strenght of carrying heavy stuff really slowly or lifting things in a time limit. Its different imho to the dynamic strenght needed in punching.

::)
Areios
Wuji

Postby DeusTrismegistus on Tue Dec 15, 2009 12:09 pm

Areios wrote:
bartekb wrote:

I don't know why you eye roll.
If two people both max lift 300 lbs in the bench, but one person does a full rep in 5 seconds and the other person takes 10 sec they have the same strength. However they don't have the same power. Strength does not automatically make you more powerful. You have to be able to produce force in a small amount of time, which is what makes strikes and throws powerful.
I contend that for a nation to try to tax itself into prosperity is like a man standing in a

bucket and trying to lift himself up by the handle. -- Winston Churchill
DeusTrismegistus
Wuji

Postby Areios on Tue Dec 15, 2009 12:39 pm

because it's nothing to do with muscle strength. It's all about muscle controll and the will to learn how your body works. Yes he is not educated about fighting, and he knows how to lift heavy, but saying that he has only power for lifting is some funny shit. And yes big guys are more stiff and slow that's the nature of the beast.

I don't like to modify my posts but i want to add: it was rude to post the eyerolling. Sorry for that.
Last edited by Areios on Tue Dec 15, 2009 1:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Areios
Wuji

Postby bartekb on Tue Dec 15, 2009 3:48 pm

because it's nothing to do with muscle strength.It's all about muscle controll and the will to learn how your body works.

Actually the dynamic muscular strength afaik is a feature you are born with, it depends on what type of muscle fibers in you have, you can try to change the slow twitch to fast twitch ratio but its hard to win with genes. You can observe this by observing at what age people are chosen to be trained to compete in Olympics - in other words how quick the coaches look for the right gene pool.
After this you can polish by a proper technical training and optimizing your movement or you can try to compensate by timing and superior tactics.
Still some people are natural born dynamic strenght guys - Tyson, some are born natural static strength champions like this guy - and this is what he trained by half of his life, almost exclusively static strength.
Yes he is not educated about fighting,

He actually has a black belt in kyokushinkan, and trained amateur boxing- all this is not his main interest and I will agree to some degree he is not a fighter but a weightlifter. The other guy is a professional boxer.
he has only power for lifting is some funny shit.

I never said he has ONLY this kind of power, I suggested that the power he developed is not optimal for MMA, he himself stated that when it comes to mma he is a mere beginner.
it was rude to post the eyerolling. Sorry for that.

;D no worries mate its just the internet, I might be 12 yo nerd typing straight from my arse. you never know.
Last edited by bartekb on Tue Dec 15, 2009 3:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.
bartekb
Great Old One

Postby wiesiek on Wed Dec 16, 2009 1:13 am

regardles of all contras,
it will be interested to see what happen next
and
we will get some poofs about dynamic versus static strenght!

hi bartekb,
I dont wait for Nastula fights, as far as i sow them
havy judo sport training somehow block his MMA abilitys /this is also my problem as well/
mayby he needs another coach?

regardles of my karate trainings
i have hard time with smooth connection/swiching punching/kicking and throwings
C.S.C. rules! :)
wiesiek
Wuji

Postby bartekb on Wed Dec 16, 2009 1:32 am

Czesc Wiesiek:)
havy judo sport training somehow block his MMA abilitys /this is also my problem as well/

I think I migt know what you mean, but I really love those pure style guys fighting in MMA :) I know its a battle lost, and MMA will sooner or later be diminated by good mixed athletes like Griffin but still, I like Machidas shotokan, I liked when Anderson Silva showed bits and pieces of pure muay thai :)
We Poles like causes lost:) I liked Sakuraba much more after he lost to Anderson Silva.
bartekb
Great Old One

Next

Return to Video Links