Nice Ving Tsun

A collection of links to internal martial arts videos. Serious martial arts videos ONLY. Joke videos go to Off the Topic.

Re: Nice Ving Tsun

Postby Adam S on Wed Dec 23, 2009 3:40 pm

Steve Rowe wrote:I'm not a great fan of Wing Chun but I like this one as a good demonstration of technique:

This is one of the better clips of WC I've seen

note the difference in the chi sau compared to how it's generally practiced in Hong Kong 8-)
Proud Tree & Qi Hugger
Adam S
Wuji

Postby Teazer on Wed Dec 23, 2009 4:19 pm

and for once Emin kept his shirt on!
Why does man Kill? He kills for food.
And not only food: frequently there must be a beverage.
Teazer
Great Old One

Postby SimonMW on Thu Jan 28, 2010 5:50 pm

Not particularly impressed with any of the demos here.

Regarding complexity, Wing Chun is very much a case of easy to learn, hard to master. Steve, I really do believe that you don't understand Wing Chun. Though it isn't surprising when most peoples impressions of it come from YouTube!
SimonMW
Santi

Postby Daniel on Fri Jan 29, 2010 3:09 am

I don´t do WC, but I have trained with people who were very good at Wing Chun, when I did cross-training to research tingjing in different IMA and blended Internal/external styles.

It was obvious that there were very big differences in skill and knowledge between teachers and styles in WC/VT, just like in everything else. I find these clips interesting to look at. It is with Yip Man´s sons, Yip Ching and Yip Chun showing chi sao.

Yip Ching http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qnHlLiYmVXA

Yip Chun http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oxgvYvhss5A

I have also seen that the older WC from Foshan has a very different flavour and different mechanics and softness in comparison to the ones in the West and in HK, but it´s difficult to find people who have done the Foshan version in depth.

D.

Sarcasm. Oh yeah, like that´ll work.
Daniel
Great Old One

Postby mrtoes on Fri Jan 29, 2010 7:02 am

I like what this chap does. Both he and his students fight NHB which is always a good sign.

Matthew.
mrtoes
Wuji

Postby GrahamB on Fri Jan 29, 2010 8:58 am

mrtoes wrote:I like what this chap does. Both he and his students fight NHB which is always a good sign.

Matthew.

Ka pow!! ;D

As artful, skilful and graceful as Yip Chun and Yip Ching's videos were... I can't help thinking that that bloke in Matthew's video would flatten them both.
One does not simply post on RSF.
The Tai Chi Notebook
GrahamB
Great Old One

Postby mrtoes on Fri Jan 29, 2010 3:36 pm

I went to check out his class in North London. I was impressed by Alan Orr who is a strong chap. He emphasises structure and integrated movement more than the other wing chun classes I have seen but also seems to be able to demonstrably push the chi sao drill into sparring and ground fighting.

Matthew.
mrtoes
Wuji

Postby Kaybee on Sat Feb 27, 2010 4:40 am

Hi, guys! Sean has posted the first rather short clip from Michael Kurth (Ving Tsun Bielefeld), but there is also a longer clip showing some Chi-Sao, Lap-Sao and some rather free actions. It is not a fight, we just wanted to show Ving Tsun!!

Enjoy the clip!

Regards, Kai

Last edited by Kaybee on Sat Feb 27, 2010 4:40 am, edited 1 time in total.
Kaybee
Santi

Postby Sean on Sat Feb 27, 2010 6:30 am

Thanks for posting that, Kaybee.

That's some nice work there. One can really see how Michael always stays in control of the situation through footwork and subtle changes in angles. Also a great feel for timing and distance. He always stays in his "center" while destroying that of his opponent.

Great use of the "tsai" technique as well around 1:18!
Sean
Wuji

Previous

Return to Video Links