Fu Bagua Push Hands

A collection of links to internal martial arts videos. Serious martial arts videos ONLY. Joke videos go to Off the Topic.

Re: Fu Bagua Push Hands

Postby shawnsegler on Fri Jan 01, 2010 6:32 pm

Josealb wrote:Looks to me that the goal is root and sensitivity, while evading and looking for the side doors. Stepping keeps the distance.

If you get to see a similar drill in say, Xingyiquan, you would see that the distance would be much, much closer, because of the half step used, and the constant "going in" intent.

Jose: A lot of the fu stuff is the same as GBT's bagua. I don't know about how the fu stylists do it, but we concentrate on holding on to our structure and letting the force move us. If you hold your structure like that you don't absorb the energy of the attack and you ride it out as it were. Then you're always in a good position to counterattack because you've effectively let them neutrilize their own energy. I'm guessing that's why it's done rather than with that hsing-i driving in intent.

Best,

S
I prefer
You behind the wheel
And me the passenger
shawnsegler
Great Old One

Postby Wanderingdragon on Fri Jan 01, 2010 7:15 pm

At .42 It seems the older gent had no longer a need for sticking as he had found his range as is demonstrated by a few well placed strikes, that could have turned a real confrontation immediately. I did not notice the times , though if you watch you will see a douible handed strike to the solar plexis, a well executed hook that could easily have landed as well as a good kidney shot, his back peddling and stepping in general offered him good control of his opponents range and striking ability, looks like good non-contact sparring.
The point . is absolute
Wanderingdragon
Wuji

Postby ParryPerson on Sat Jan 02, 2010 6:49 pm

roger hao wrote:This looks OK and obviously not using coiling characteristic of Fu style.
They lose the sticking at about .42 - surprisingly the purple sweater guy does a better job of sticking.
Maybe they gassed out at .42? dunno.

::)
Discuss internal martial arts on IRC! Channel: #internalarts Server: EFnet
Myspace Baguazhang Group! http://groups.myspace.com/pakua
ParryPerson
Anjing

Postby saltydog on Fri Jan 08, 2010 10:53 am

Totally forgot I joined this site! Thank you for the welcome! I train with a guy named Lonnie Neer in Bend Oregon. At first I thought I was going to die....from the rigorous training.
Thanks again for the welcome
saltydog
Santi

Postby DeusTrismegistus on Fri Jan 08, 2010 12:03 pm

Josealb wrote:Is it me or that one is slightly sped up, editingwise? I may need some sleep. :P

Second vid was definitely sped up. If you watch the people in the background its obvious.
I contend that for a nation to try to tax itself into prosperity is like a man standing in a

bucket and trying to lift himself up by the handle. -- Winston Churchill
DeusTrismegistus
Wuji

Previous

Return to Video Links