tai chi chuan and rising position

A collection of links to internal martial arts videos. Serious martial arts videos ONLY. Joke videos go to Off the Topic.

Re: tai chi chuan and rising position

Postby yeniseri on Sun Jan 17, 2010 8:00 pm

The Man wrote:Actual instances of argumentum ad hominem are relatively rare. Ironically, the fallacy is most often committed by those who accuse their opponents of ad hominem, since they try to dismiss the opposition not by engaging with their arguments, but by claiming that they resort to personal attacks. Those who are quick to squeal "ad hominem" are often guilty of several other logical fallacies, including one of the worst of all: the fallacious belief that introducing an impressive-sounding Latin term somehow gives one the decisive edge in an argument.
but sometimes it is best to let it go!
Most people do not see the trick but if they do respond they will be tagged with the individual who registered the comment!

rising up may not be all that bad after all
Last edited by yeniseri on Sun Jan 17, 2010 8:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.
When fascism comes to US America, It will be wrapped in the US flag and waving a cross. An astute patriot
yeniseri
Wuji

Re: tai chi chuan and rising position

Postby Ben on Mon Jan 18, 2010 8:16 pm

Dmitri wrote:When I (rarely as it may be :)) hand a baseball bat (it's plastic so as to avoid serious damage but to seriously "burn" and likely bruise if contact is made) to someone to attack, I usually tell them to "hit me like I just killed your cat, or assaulted your family, etc. -- i.e. you basically want to beat the crap out of me, crush every bone in my body".

Also I often let them hit me a couple times with good force without doing anything at all in response, just so they can get comfortable and not be afraid to hurt me with that thing.

I found that a little bit of "role playing" that way helps a lot...

That was fun. I miss hitting you with things.
Never confuse movement with action.
-Ernest Hemingway
Ben
Great Old One

Previous

Return to Video Links