Ah...southern grace.

A collection of links to internal martial arts videos. Serious martial arts videos ONLY. Joke videos go to Off the Topic.

Re: Ah...southern grace.

Postby middleway on Tue Jan 12, 2010 7:58 am

On that Paul Whitrod clip ... 0.14 - 0.17 ... i've been on the receiving end of that .. you can see why southern styles are so effective... his defence against a low kick is to step in and knee the inside of the thigh whilst simultaneously attacking the head and body... alas i was on the receiving end of that too when i tried to explain how good my low kick is

..yes, owee,

yikes .... not envious of that at all ... lol ;)
"I am not servant to the method, the method is servant to me"
Me

My Blog: http://www.martialbody.com/Blog-Research
middleway
Wuji

Postby WongYing on Tue Jan 12, 2010 12:32 pm

Yep Paul'l do that to you lol. I like Pauls stuff very much, I have met Lee Teen Loi in Hong Kong he is excellent
WongYing
Huajing

Postby shawnsegler on Tue Jan 12, 2010 12:54 pm

I don't think I'd fuck with Paul Whitrod. He looks like he might be a handful.
I prefer
You behind the wheel
And me the passenger
shawnsegler
Great Old One

Postby Dr.Rob on Tue Jan 12, 2010 1:53 pm

S...there are lots of stories about when he cameback from Asia, he went door knocking for Tai Kwoon. He may come lookin for ya?
Having nothing to lose is the new wealth.

Profitez de la guerre mes enfants, la paix sera terrible.

Si vis pacem, para bellum.
Dr.Rob
Great Old One

Postby shawnsegler on Tue Jan 12, 2010 4:32 pm

Dr.Rob wrote:S...there are lots of stories about when he cameback from Asia, he went door knocking for Tai Kwoon. He may come lookin for ya?

For why? Did I say something disrespectful?

S
I prefer
You behind the wheel
And me the passenger
shawnsegler
Great Old One

Postby Dr.Rob on Tue Jan 12, 2010 6:04 pm

No no brother joking joking peace...Fuk sarcasm icon here pls
Having nothing to lose is the new wealth.

Profitez de la guerre mes enfants, la paix sera terrible.

Si vis pacem, para bellum.
Dr.Rob
Great Old One

Postby Andy_S on Wed Jan 13, 2010 3:25 am

SNIP
I don't think I'd fuck with Paul Whitrod. He looks like he might be a handful.
SNIP

Oh, I don't know: A big healthy fellow like you, Shaun...you could step on him.
Services available:
Pies scoffed. Ales quaffed. Beds shat. Oiks irked. Chavs chinned. Thugs thumped. Sacks split. Arses goosed. Udders ogled. Canines consumed. Sheep shagged.Matrons outraged. Vicars enlightened. PM for rates.
Andy_S
Great Old One

Postby Mut on Wed Jan 13, 2010 5:14 pm

SPM defence of kicks comes back to 3 options, yield, close or jam.

The yield is as Doc describes it. when the opponent needs to step in to kick there is an option to yield the kick. We yield as small an amount as possible and immediately move in before the leg can either re-chamber (in the case of a front kick) or before the balance can be re-established from a round kick. Closing on the opponent is generally moving to inside the nexus of the kick and intercepting the force by attacking the grounded leg with either feet or knee,legs ect. Jamming the kick is very much like any other system where the front leg or foot intercepts the kicking leg (rather than the balance leg) before the kicking leg reaches its prime power range. All these defences should be combined with either attacking the head with percussive strikes or by disrupting the balance through the bridge. We do not use hands to defend legs as a general rule, as if the kick is heading to the head or upper torso time it takes to travel its path should allow time to attack the head or grounded leg.

Basically if you train in a short fist system you spend a lot of time in kissing distance and the legs should be in contact with the opponents legs and be able to disrupt a kick before it is a kick (ideal of course) Or you should be out of distance where the other guy has to initiate the attack, if you are caught in a long fist/ kicking range for anymore than a moiment then you have basically not developed you distance and timing sufficiently well. SPM is not built around the general conception of sparring and should not overly engage in 'trading blows' .... " you can start and then stop, but once started don't stop"

and yes.... don't fuck with Paul Witrod is a good mantra to have.....
"I've done 19 years of Tae Kwon Do.... I'm a blackbelt third dan.... I don't think I should start with your beginners..." ....phone enquiry I recieved....
Mut
Great Old One

Previous

Return to Video Links