Shen Tiegen - Shanghai branch Wu TJQ

A collection of links to internal martial arts videos. Serious martial arts videos ONLY. Joke videos go to Off the Topic.

Shen Tiegen - Shanghai branch Wu TJQ

Postby cdobe on Sat Jun 21, 2008 5:53 am

First section of the Slow Form and some Tuishou
cdobe
Great Old One

Re: Shen Tiegen - Shanghai branch Wu TJQ

Postby CaliG on Sat Jun 21, 2008 8:06 am

Thanks for finding that.
CaliG

Postby Muad'dib on Sat Jun 21, 2008 9:21 am

hmm, similr to but a bit different from the opening I learned.
I am no longer allowed to make statements regarding international politics in a public forum.
Muad'dib
Great Old One

Postby CaliG on Sat Jun 21, 2008 10:41 am

Zhong_Kui wrote:hmm, similr to but a bit different from the opening I learned.

Before studying with Shen Laoshi I had learned a couple of other forms of the Wu slow form, but this one is my favorite.

It's actually not that complex. It's based on natural movements. You move the same way you would for example cleaning windows, brushing your teeth or playing basketball which I like because in a fight there's not a lot of time for excess movement and under fear your body is going to revert to what is natural.

To me the opening movement is the same movement the body would naturally do if someone were to attack. You put up your hands in front of your attackers face to keep them off you and bring your hands back to protect yourself.
CaliG

Postby Muad'dib on Sat Jun 21, 2008 11:12 am

Actually, the movements are pretty much the same, but with some slight differences. I can post the clip of me doing them, but the cameraman only shot my head for some reason.
I am no longer allowed to make statements regarding international politics in a public forum.
Muad'dib
Great Old One

Postby CaliG on Sat Jun 21, 2008 11:40 am

Yeah, I saw some of it on your other video. I think you're always going to have some differences.

Even my teacher tells me that his taiji is his taiji and my taiji will be my taiji.
CaliG

Postby Muad'dib on Sat Jun 21, 2008 12:17 pm

that is the truth. My teacher;s taiji tends to have the liu he xinyi (I think) she learned from Feng ZhiQiang.
Muad'dib
Great Old One

Return to Video Links