Baji "King Of Hell" & Hun yuan zhuang pointers

A collection of links to internal martial arts videos. Serious martial arts videos ONLY. Joke videos go to Off the Topic.

Baji "King Of Hell" & Hun yuan zhuang pointers

Postby Jingang on Fri Feb 19, 2010 5:50 am

Master Zhou uploaded two new videos and a new post in his blog.

1. Baji quan's 8 big moves - "3 pointing hands of the King of hell" (阎王三点手).
The post talking on this move:
浅说阎王三点手
据说阎王三点手是八极拳秘传八大招之一,其实动作也很简单。我所学的就是右左右三个掸手和一个右手的转圜变抹脖挎。内在的要求是一气相连一力贯穿,从头到尾要体现一个狠字,心狠手狠,直取要害。这点是不容易做到的,需要下功夫苦练一段时间。
另外因为这个招法的攻击点都在对手的脸上所以也有叫望眼三点手。至于这两个名称谁是谁非或是怎样演变的请原谅我见识浅薄。我不知道,,,,,也不想探究,留给武术史料的爱好者去研究吧。

就此招法我想再说几句;我们中国武术中每一个技术动作肯定是都具有目的性,都内含着意境。其技术动作又是在一定范围内可以变化的.而这种变化是因为练习者的对某个招法的理解不同于范本而表达的拳势就有所不同。因此可以这么说武术里没有固定不变的拳势。这就构成了武术的多样性,与招数的多变性。
大像无形。招法是有章可寻的而其中的内在意境是无形的,是随练习者而变的,其内在的拳意又是招法的灵魂。我们练习三点手这个招法绝不要照本宣科,那样就停留在表面了。关键是要深刻理解阎王索命之心态,详实击打之落点,从而进入角色依本性显本能,这样才能内藏阎罗索命之神煞,外显所学练之拳功。我想这就是这个招法的真谛吧。正是;有意练至无心处,周身妙法自然通。具体练法和拆招请参看我的视频。还望行家里手
评判斧正

and the Video
http://you.video.sina.com.cn/b/29368997-1677776325.html

2. A video taken during Hun yuan Zhuang practice. Master Zhou gives some pointers and corrections to a few students on their posture.
http://you.video.sina.com.cn/b/29317509-1677776325.html

:)
Last edited by Jingang on Sun Feb 21, 2010 6:00 am, edited 2 times in total.
Jingang
Anjing

Re: Baji "King Of Hell" & Hun yuan zhuang pointers

Postby Wanderingdragon on Wed Feb 24, 2010 10:53 am

I think this is huge, I was hoping someone would translate his instruction, I can get an idea of his message , but would love to know what he is saying.
The point . is absolute
Wanderingdragon
Wuji

Postby bailewen on Wed Feb 24, 2010 5:42 pm

Jingang wrote:.
Master Zhou uploaded two new videos and a new post in his blog.

1. Baji quan's 8 big moves - "3 pointing hands of the King of hell" (阎王三点手).
The post talking on this move:
浅说阎王三点手
A brief introduction to "3 pointing hands of the King of hell"
据说阎王三点手是八极拳秘传八大招之一,其实动作也很简单。我所学的就是右左右三个掸手和一个右手的转圜变抹脖挎。"3 pointing hands of the King of hell" is one of 8 major secret attacking methods. Actually, the movements are very simple. The way I learned it is a 3 hit right-left-right combo with the right hand circling around to attack the throat.
内在的要求是一气相连一力贯穿,从头到尾要体现一个狠字,心狠手狠,直取要害。这点是不容易做到的,需要下功夫苦练一段时间。
Internally it requires all the moments and power to be connected with a single breath so that the power is continuous. From start to finish it can be summed up in one word: ruthless. A ruthless heart leading ruthless hands. Directly take his life. This part is not easy and takes some time to ingrain.
另外因为这个招法的攻击点都在对手的脸上所以也有叫望眼三点手。至于这两个名称谁是谁非或是怎样演变的请原谅我见识浅薄。我不知道,,,,,也不想探究,留给武术史料的爱好者去研究吧。
Also, as the attacking combination is all aimed at the face, it is also known as "Three Attacks to the Eyes". As far as the name of this thing goes, which name you should choose or which specific way you should perform it, forgive me for my lack knowledge in this area. I just know. . . . .I don't really want to get much into that. I'll leave that to the historians.
就此招法我想再说几句;我们中国武术中每一个技术动作肯定是都具有目的性,都内含着意境。其技术动作又是在一定范围内可以变化的.而这种变化是因为练习者的对某个招法的理解不同于范本而表达的拳势就有所不同。因此可以这么说武术里没有固定不变的拳势。这就构成了武术的多样性,与招数的多变性。
Regarding this attacking method, I want to say again, there are specific goals to each and every technique in our Chinese gong fu. They all have context. Each attacking method can be adapted for a particular usage and these different adaptations are based on the particular understandings and experiences of each practitioner and so reflect different style. So you could say that in Wushu, no applications are set in stone. These is where you get such wide variety and changeability in technical application.

p.s. got bogged down in the last paragraph. Haven't had my morning coffee yet. *yawn*
Last edited by bailewen on Fri Feb 26, 2010 3:56 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Click here for my Baji Leitai clip.
www.xiangwuhui.com

p.s. the name is pronounced "buy le when"
bailewen
Great Old One

Postby Wanderingdragon on Thu Feb 25, 2010 6:20 am

It's kind of what I was thinking, I have heard at times that Master Zhou's Art was not internal but in all his clips it seems to me that he is teaching internal principals, yet since also in most of the clips I have watched he is demonstrating very martial applications, and the language prevents me from doing more than being awed at his prowess, I have never, before seeing this blog entry, been exposed to the actual theory. His body language speaks volumes.
The point . is absolute
Wanderingdragon
Wuji

Postby Jingang on Fri Feb 26, 2010 7:29 am

bailewen, thanks for translating.

内在的要求是一气相连一力贯穿
-> In general mean the three moves should be done in one breath and in one continues power --> One should not stop after each strike to gather his breath and power, one move flows to the next in continues motion.
Jingang
Anjing

Postby Kelley Graham on Fri Feb 26, 2010 11:22 am

thanks for this... the second vid was very interesting.
Kelley Graham
Website - https://ucbprogram.com
Follow - https://ucb.social/@imklg
Kelley Graham
Administrator

Postby wuwei sifu on Fri Feb 26, 2010 12:06 pm

hello jingang ,
is it possible we/i can get a translation to this sifu's Hun yuan Zhuang video . seems like zhang zhuang so would like to know why the diffrent name and it's significance too.

I SEE AND HAVE A FEEL FOR WHAT HE IS POINTING OUT AND I ASLO, do the same type of thing with my students .
Since he has more practical experience then i do i would love to know what he is saying exactly . Most of what i teach is from other masters anyway that i have been able to incorpaorate into my Taijiquan .

I DON'T CARE WHERE OR WHO IT COMES FROMS AS LONG AS IT IS APPLICABLE & it is in keeping with taiajuqan theroy and principles . and of course i include thinmgs which are outside of thsoe parmeters , but i keep them separate so i don't get muddy waters so to speak.

thx. baliewen for that translation also .
when you misinterpret my words please don't blame me for that; or act like i said what you changed based on a faulty interpretation instead of taking my words as written ! (I know, this is the internet, but that doesn't mean you can put words in my mouth)
wuwei sifu
Huajing

Postby Jingang on Fri Feb 26, 2010 3:01 pm

Hi Wuwei shifu
I'll have to watch it again later but I can give you the general idea from memory. First the name "hun yuan" is the name of this specific posture of zhan zhuang.

He shows some flaws and good qualities in the way these few students stand. The first and second guys lower back is not straight. They guy with the pinkish-red shirt (third?) has nice posture, his back is straight and the shoulder blades are sliding forward so the back is round and smooth. The last guy is leaning back wards so his Hip joint angle is too wide and the kua too shallow.
Jingang
Anjing

Postby bailewen on Fri Feb 26, 2010 3:56 pm

Jingang wrote:
内在的要求是一气相连一力贯穿
-> In general mean the three moves should be done in one breath and in one continues power --> One should not stop after each strike to gather his breath and power, one move flows to the next in continues motion.

I edited the translation to reflect this comment.
www.xiangwuhui.com

bailewen
Great Old One

Postby MUTANTRENAISSANCE on Fri Feb 26, 2010 5:34 pm

whats is up with baji and hell can someone help me understand .... what did satan train baji or sum'?
8 mother palms burn that ass like napalm
MUTANTRENAISSANCE
Mingjing

Postby SPJ on Fri Feb 26, 2010 6:56 pm

yan wang san dian shou 阎王三点手

the judge or king of the hell 3 pointed hands.

when he pointed at you of course you are dead or already dead.

they are 3 continuous hand methods back to back or 1 2 3.

it is just the name of the moves/postures.

:)
SPJ
Wuji

Postby bailewen on Fri Feb 26, 2010 9:51 pm

Would you have preferred "Baby Smurf Triple Bitch Slap"?

"Yan Wang" does not literally mean "king of hell". It's the name of a figure from Chinese mythology. As SPJ mentioned, more like a big judge than like Satan. Closer to Hades or something. When you die, your soul shows up in front of him and he decides weather you burn in boiling oil for 1000 years (very Satan'ish, I admit) or, in other cases, just serve as some sort of low level underworld administrator (very Chinese) and he even decides when and where you get reincarnated. Sometimes the judge part comes out. If you were killed unfairly or if you can convince him that your fate was not carried out as it was supposed to be, on occasion he has been known to immediately reincarnate. This has happened, most famously, in certain Chinese ghost stories where a pair of star crossed lovers were unable to be together because of some really unfair circumstances. Yan Wang then agrees to reincarnate them both in the same village. Sadly, it's still up to them to find each other again in the next life.

www.xiangwuhui.com

bailewen
Great Old One

Postby C.J.Wang on Sat Feb 27, 2010 12:22 am

Judge of the underworld is a better translation
C.J.Wang
Wuji

Postby Jingang on Sat Feb 27, 2010 1:38 am

Maybe just "Yama" or "king yan"?
Jingang
Anjing

Postby bailewen on Sat Feb 27, 2010 2:07 am

Personally, I like "King of Hell".

It's always a trade-off in translations. "Judge" may be technically more accurate but it loses the flavour. Yan Wang is supposed to be a big scary badass. "Judge of Hell" just doesn't get that across. Even if he's technically just some sort of netherworldly bureaucrat, when you look at the stories ,(Journey to the West, Liao Zhai etc.) he's still a scary motherfucker. Of the two pics I posted, I really like the second better...especially as an image for a martial arts move name.

And anyways, even if "judge" may be more accurate in describing what he does, he is after all Yan Wang(King). A literal translation of his name would be "King Yan".
www.xiangwuhui.com

bailewen
Great Old One

Next

Return to Video Links