Some wrist locking.

A collection of links to internal martial arts videos. Serious martial arts videos ONLY. Joke videos go to Off the Topic.

Some wrist locking.

Postby AllanF on Tue Jun 24, 2008 9:04 pm

Not sure what martial art the guy teaches, karate at a guess, but frankly i liked this clip. Some nice clear explanations and demonstration.

AllanF

Re: Some wrist locking.

Postby dragontigerpalm on Tue Jun 24, 2008 9:32 pm

I agree. 8-)
The more you sweat in peacetime, the less you bleed during War.
dragontigerpalm
Wuji

Postby bruce on Tue Jun 24, 2008 11:00 pm

nice ... i would relate a lot of what he shows to yang tai chi needle at the bottom of the sea and also jrq bagua golden snake coils around the willow tree.
bruce
Great Old One

Postby kemper boyd on Wed Jun 25, 2008 6:06 am

good description ....
kemper boyd
Santi

Postby jai64 on Wed Jun 25, 2008 11:19 am

He is wearing Capri pants.

IMHO, he is holding the opponents arm to far from his own body most of the time. He does pull it in, but only at the end. He would get better result by keeping the lever close to his core so as to use body to torque not arm strength.

He also seems to come up on his tippy toes a lot. Being a short guy too, I can relate. But he should bring the guy to his level.

He also seems to use a large arc for his projection. I prefer the small circle theory like Wally Jay teaches. Although it is hard to show a tight drop point on a video, it does not look like he is using one.

A lot of these this are hard to show on a video, but if you are putting it out there for training people, he should over exaggerate the important stuff.

Other then that it looked great.

-joe
jai64
Santi

Postby Ben on Wed Jun 25, 2008 2:50 pm

bruce wrote:nice ... i would relate a lot of what he shows to yang tai chi needle at the bottom of the sea

+1

My favorite part is when he talks about making a collision between the knee and the head. Good stuff! ;D
Never confuse movement with action.
-Ernest Hemingway
Ben
Great Old One

Postby bruce on Wed Jun 25, 2008 4:10 pm

Ben wrote:
bruce wrote:nice ... i would relate a lot of what he shows to yang tai chi needle at the bottom of the sea

+1

My favorite part is when he talks about making a collision between the knee and the head. Good stuff! ;D

yeah ... dmitri used to "get" me all the time with that ... he taught me a lot about chin na using that move ...
bruce
Great Old One

Postby Kurt Robbins on Wed Jun 25, 2008 4:23 pm

I have never been able to utilize wrist locks in the stand up game, however on the ground I have had phenominal success. His escapes in the video are solid and have some Judo flavor.

In this Jodo flow drill the locks are set ups for throws and not for braking or submition.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dp5EQJb-SO4

The person being locked standing up has so many fulcrums and leverage points and they can basically squirm out of a wrist lock. Wrestlers are great at avoiding standing wrist locks.
Kurt Robbins
Huajing

Postby roger hao on Thu Jun 26, 2008 7:22 pm

I am more impressed by the Uki's flexibility and his horse stance than by the elementary wrist locks
he is showing. When was the last time you reached out and grabbed somebody's wrist anyway?
roger hao

Return to Video Links