Liu He Ba Fa (Short Clip)

A collection of links to internal martial arts videos. Serious martial arts videos ONLY. Joke videos go to Off the Topic.

Liu He Ba Fa (Short Clip)

Postby Strange on Wed Jun 25, 2008 7:21 am

shot with my new LG KU990, just to share

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8i_z7dbBjPA

Cheers, S
Last edited by Strange on Wed Jun 25, 2008 7:23 am, edited 1 time in total.
天官指星 单对月 风摆荷叶 影成双

岳武穆王以枪为拳, 六合形意李门世根, 形意拳五行为先, 论身法六合为首,少揽闲事心田静, 多读拳谱武艺精 - 李洛能 (形意拳谱)
Strange
Great Old One

Re: Liu He Ba Fa (Short Clip)

Postby mixjourneyman on Wed Jun 25, 2008 7:45 am

Nice movement!
mixjourneyman
Great Old One

Postby edededed on Wed Jun 25, 2008 8:07 am

Very nice! (Well, I think it is nice - I know nothing about Liuhebafa! Looks kind of like taiji to me...)
edededed
Great Old One

Postby kreese on Wed Jun 25, 2008 11:55 am

Yeah, looks great!

To the uninitiated this looks like taiji or qigong. What makes this aspect of the training uniquely LHBF? What else do you do to train LHBF's unique fighting methods?
"Ignore the comments, people will bitch about anything." - Ian
kreese
Great Old One

Postby Strange on Wed Jun 25, 2008 7:04 pm

:)
no, its not taiji
i sorta thought i'd post a different "sort" of lhbf, the sort my teacher taught-
> no break between strokes; all movements are connected as one move
> "Contains big and small Heaven and Earth" large circle with small circles, small wrist movements that look almost too refined
> clear movements, no waving the arms about if your not sure; either you know or not know
> no monkey spasm, shifting and shaking yr body so everyone knows you got lots of qi - if you really need to know, touch me

no actually you do know
my teacher told me once he did some tjq judging. other judges were saying all the different styles of tjq, how to judge one performer from another? so keep things fair we "create" a routine with element from all the different styles, then everyone will be judge fairly, brilliant huh? My teacher was like if you're a judge and you do not know shit from shine, then we're in trouble.

i heard tjq practitioners saying "enemy advance swiftly to attack; half side of body is empty". i was smiling and thought i wonder what Guo Yunshen would have reacted if he heard this... but i like to think that i know what they are trying to say. it is relatively easy to feel solid and connected when you still; if one moves the tendency is 'san' or scattered.

maybe you might disagree, but i think that all CMA, whether internal/external/hard/soft/north/south al all about achieving zhen jin, or "wholeness of force" in the end. to make it interesting they use different names, theories, training methods, so we can talk/discuss among ourselves to get to know each other better. it is THE measure of ones gongli; no ifs/buts/i-did-not-take-my-breakfast-this-morning; either you have it or not.

for lhbf...
the fella (kneel down and kowtow 8 x) who created is really of to the right of the bell curve by A LOT. no i'm not saying my style is better than anyones. what i'm saying is that it is very difficult for me. some strokes i can only execute recently cos i spending time on my zz. somehow you need to move inside first before you can do it correctly. dun ask me to explain it; i really wouldnt know how.

i'm sorry, some training methods i am given specific instructions not to reveal. but, hey, you really do not need them to be a good fighter. we all know that "yi li xiang shi fa"- one strength subdues ten techniques. and after WXZ showed the world fuhu xianglong; there really no secret anymore.

my teachers constant refrain is "the post must be stood!"

you didnt think that WXZ told his student to learn from WYH cos he is waving his hand around all the time, did you?

thanks all
cheers, S.
Last edited by Strange on Wed Jun 25, 2008 8:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.
天官指星 单对月 风摆荷叶 影成双

Strange
Great Old One

Postby Josealb on Wed Jun 25, 2008 7:40 pm

Man, i just wanna say ke ke ke. And thats it. I havent even seen the clip. ( ill see it later)
Man carcass in alley this morning...
Josealb
Great Old One

Postby Muad'dib on Wed Jun 25, 2008 7:52 pm

Reminds me of what Liu Zheng teaches (taught?) in SF.
I am no longer allowed to make statements regarding international politics in a public forum.
Muad'dib
Great Old One

Postby edededed on Wed Jun 25, 2008 7:56 pm

Korean version: kkkk...
edededed
Great Old One

Postby Strange on Wed Jun 25, 2008 7:58 pm

"Some of those fuckers will take you straight off a cliff"
arh ha ha ha ha

ps: i'm sorry if its irritating; i'll delete. tough customers are what we are all about
( ill see it later) - may not be necessary; but hey, its all you, man... and thats it
Last edited by Strange on Wed Jun 25, 2008 8:15 pm, edited 4 times in total.
天官指星 单对月 风摆荷叶 影成双

Strange
Great Old One

Postby Josealb on Wed Jun 25, 2008 8:52 pm

Ok saw it. Very nice movement. Its small and refined and it shows that you trained a hell of allot in zz. Ke ke ke.

(please dont hit my forearm).
Man carcass in alley this morning...
Josealb
Great Old One

Postby kreese on Wed Jun 25, 2008 9:33 pm

That didn't really answer my question, Strange, but I appreciate the detailed reply nonetheless.
"Ignore the comments, people will bitch about anything." - Ian
kreese
Great Old One

Postby Strange on Thu Jun 26, 2008 2:30 am

"...you trained a hell of allot in zz"
well le'me see... eh er you dun know me; we dun train together; we have not touched hand, so...er... strange, but whatever you say..er...man... yeah... forearm+kekeke and all...(backs away with double thumbs up)...
天官指星 单对月 风摆荷叶 影成双

Strange
Great Old One

Postby ashe on Thu Jun 26, 2008 12:33 pm

pretty nice. very rou!
discipline, concentration & wisdom
----------------------------------------
http://fallingleaveskungfu.com/
Facebook
Instagram
ashe
Great Old One

Postby Royal Dragon on Thu Jun 26, 2008 3:46 pm

Is it my imagination, or is this performance lacking the spinal movement that LHBF is most known for? He looks like a great Taiji guy, well rooted and good structure and all, but the body method seems stiff, his arms are moving independently from the rest of his body, and not with the "One thing moves, everything moves, one thing stops, everything stops." that I am used to seeing in LHBF practitioners.

An example, when his arms go down, the body should compress like an accordion (close), you see the spine round at the upper back. When the hands go up, it is because the spin straightens out to full extension (open).

This gentleman's spine is straight, stiff as a board the entire time, no movement at all, let alone movement that would be the core body driving the arms like I have seen in other LHBF players i know. His arms are moving at the shoulder.

I know there are a lot of complements, but Taiji internals are a bit different than LHBF. That spinal movement is the SIGNATURE of the styles body method, and it is clearly lacking in this gentleman...at least as far as i can see.
Royal Dragon
Great Old One

Postby Strange on Thu Jun 26, 2008 6:28 pm

ah hai: "... you see, my body trunk is like an additional arm...leaving my 2 arms to control you...see, you become very busy to handle me.."

me: "what like you have 3 arms?"

ah hai: "no, 4 arms... left and right side of body is 1 arm each!"

me: "..."

ah hai is a senior practitioner with singapore yq study group, led by Mr Chan Hon. We were having this conversation after a push hand session. i can understand what ah hai say cos it the same freq. Mr Chan is at a different level.

Master Wang: "young man, feel my waist (actually hip joint), see, very soft, but not flaccid... your waist must have yao yen (waist eyes) like your eyes that can see, so when push hands or cross hands, you dun really need your eyes so much, you can react fast.."

me: "....." (inside: ok thats gonna take me another 10 years to understand)

Master Wang is a former classmate of my teacher. He is yang tjq and teaches a group of tjq instructors on sunday mornings. His arm and hands can be light as feathers one moment and heavy as solid steel the next.

you can say there are some influences, i try to move at the hip joint; i think the feeling is quite good and consistent with what the books say. cheers
天官指星 单对月 风摆荷叶 影成双

Strange
Great Old One

Next

Return to Video Links