New Systema knife disarms

A collection of links to internal martial arts videos. Serious martial arts videos ONLY. Joke videos go to Off the Topic.

Re: New Systema knife disarms

Postby middleway on Sun Mar 21, 2010 10:32 am

Chris
If it is BTDT, why are you talking about it at all?
Why do they keep beng presented as if they have any value at all?

Dan,

I dont ... i didnt post the video. My comments were on the way Vlad moves in a video from another poster.

How you percieve and what you call correct or good movement that is "in tune with the attacker" may have virtually no meaning whatsoever to someone looking to see other things. Perhaps you should be open to the idea that more experienced eyes can judge bullshit movement...on site.

Believe me i am open to this idea. the mistake you are making is thinking that me saying 'He moves well' Is anything but a subjective personal opinion i was sharing. Maybe you are under the impression i was saying in order to assert that my view is everyones or that i am 'in the know' ... thats more about your perception of my comments than the comments themselves though.

Again, I am uninterested in what Vlad may "really" do under stress. It sure as hell isn't what we see, so why is HE showing it over and over if HE doesn't believe it either and does different things when attacked by more experienced people who don't move in an attack like systema people seem to move in defense? Seems like a closed loop system to me. I mean we all know aikido people attack like idiots and they train to defend against , well, "attacking idiots." Most have seen what happens to TMA people when trained fighters screw with them-they fall apart.

Agreed ... again i made no comment of anything your discussing. I also have said numerous times i agree with you. haha Can you find one post from me saying its good attacks, even good responses .... all i have said is that i like how he moves his body.

So what the hell is this point in showing moronic attackers trained to attack like loopy, moronic, attackers, only to see them respond to no touch or light touches and go flying.

Ask Vlad or the original poster .....

I mean if you don't like BTDT -why keep going there in the first place?
No hard feelings, I hope.
Dan

Of course not ... its the internet ... i think your mistaking me for the poster of the video however. :P

chris
"I am not servant to the method, the method is servant to me"
Me

My Blog: http://www.martialbody.com/Blog-Research
middleway
Wuji

Re: New Systema knife disarms

Postby GrahamB on Sun Mar 21, 2010 12:59 pm

Hey Dan, post a vid and show us how it's done! ;)
One does not simply post on RSF.
The Tai Chi Notebook
GrahamB
Great Old One

Previous

Return to Video Links