Wu fast form

A collection of links to internal martial arts videos. Serious martial arts videos ONLY. Joke videos go to Off the Topic.

Wu fast form

Postby ppscat on Mon Mar 29, 2010 5:16 am

A clearer film of Ma Yueh Liang performing a fragment of Wu's fast form:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H9h7XIJewPg

In 1:29 is there a cross left low kick like in Sabate?

ppscat
Anjing

Re: Wu fast form

Postby Darth Rock&Roll on Mon Mar 29, 2010 7:05 am

savate was developed by french sailors in the 1700's as they traveled the china sea and indian ocean and came across many forms of indigenous ritualized fighting styles.

what they(savate artistes)call a chasse bas, is what is known as a shovel kick in sil lum fight techniques.

It is a direct, fast kick. Often, the raising of the knee is not necessary and can actually telegraph a kick too much.

I don't have anything to say about the taichi set.
Coconuts. Bananas. Mangos. Rice. Beans. Water. It's good.
Darth Rock&Roll
Great Old One

Postby ppscat on Mon Mar 29, 2010 7:28 am

Thanks Darth for the info. I hope you didn't think I was wondering about a connection between Wu Taiji and Sabate!

The way I practice the kick do involve raising of the knee first, but as a block of a kick / knee strike. I block one leg and cross kick to the other leg, to the inside of the knee. I prefer this instead of kicking higher than the knee, as they show in the second clip.

ppscat
Anjing

Postby wassy on Mon Mar 29, 2010 8:18 am

the kick is not dissimilar to the savate method. the main difference is the arm work, in the Wu fast set this kick is done whilst drawing your opponent in towards you with the arms or you deliver the kick as you restrain the opponent from close range.
wassy
Santi

Postby ppscat on Mon Mar 29, 2010 1:58 pm

Thanks for the input Wassy.
ppscat
Anjing

Return to Video Links