Adam Mizner heaven earth man

A collection of links to internal martial arts videos. Serious martial arts videos ONLY. Joke videos go to Off the Topic.

Adam Mizner heaven earth man

Postby ShortFormMike on Fri Apr 09, 2010 10:39 pm

I heard they're coming to portland. anyone work with him. looks real nice.

[youtube]<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/-7QIFkd2ElE&hl=en_US&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/-7QIFkd2ElE&hl=en_US&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>[/youtube]
if it doesn't make sense, it's because I'm "typing" with Swype or using android's voice to text, which is pretty damn good by the way
ShortFormMike
Huajing

Re: Adam Mizner heaven earth man

Postby enricos on Sat Apr 10, 2010 6:30 am

He was planning to be in the USA this Spring but I spoke to a student of his in Miami telling me he will be in the USA in September. Don't know the reason but..
enricos
Anjing

Postby somatai on Sat Apr 10, 2010 6:43 am

I would be interested in checking him out if he is in the states..
Last edited by somatai on Sat Apr 10, 2010 6:43 am, edited 1 time in total.
somatai

Postby willywrong on Sat Apr 10, 2010 7:30 pm

somatai wrote:I would be interested in checking him out if he is in the states..

Do you guys pay to train with people like him?
willywrong

Postby Andy_S on Sun Apr 11, 2010 12:06 am

Among the legion of "push them away" people in the Taiji universe, this guy looks to me to be the best, and a lot of his material is clearly skillful and practical. I'd pay to attend his seminar just to feel what he does.
Services available:
Pies scoffed. Ales quaffed. Beds shat. Oiks irked. Chavs chinned. Thugs thumped. Sacks split. Arses goosed. Udders ogled. Canines consumed. Sheep shagged.Matrons outraged. Vicars enlightened. PM for rates.
Andy_S
Great Old One

Postby Adam S on Sun Apr 11, 2010 1:11 am

He's charging $150 Australian for one day seminars

One of his students came in to try & get my laoshi interested

My laoshi thought his form was very 'tense'

& his push hands was 'worse'

caveat- no idea how long the student had been studying
Proud Tree & Qi Hugger
Adam S
Wuji

Postby GrahamB on Sun Apr 11, 2010 3:36 am

I don't think he looks tense, but I do think the students over react. He's got a student near me who was trying to drum up interest for a seminar with him in the UK. Said student also told me he could send chi down the phone line to heal people anywhere in the world.... I have to say, that did put me off a bit... :-\ ;D
One does not simply post on RSF.
The Tai Chi Notebook
GrahamB
Great Old One

Postby bartekb on Sun Apr 11, 2010 4:56 am

told me he could send chi down the phone line to heal people anywhere in the world.... I have to say, that did put me off a bit...

WHY?? I love people that make claims that can be actually verified. Ive got both hands in covered in splinters, if he called me I would request healing straigh away!
Years back in one of my buddhist groups in Poland they got a guy claiming he is an emanation of Milarepa - they told me "you knwo, we listened to him for few minutes (to be on the safe side :) ) and then thrown him away"
Back to sanding my floors. BTW why damn people in UK can not appreciate timber floors and cover them with black tar and lino? why?
Last edited by bartekb on Sun Apr 11, 2010 4:57 am, edited 1 time in total.
bartekb
Great Old One

Postby GrahamB on Sun Apr 11, 2010 5:31 am

The Buddah told me laminate is the answer, my friend.
One does not simply post on RSF.
The Tai Chi Notebook
GrahamB
Great Old One

Postby bartekb on Sun Apr 11, 2010 6:51 am

Unfortunatelly its not what he told my wife - no carpet, no laminate, timber polished with 120 sand and varnished.
Now back on the topic of commenting some australian chaps taichi via the net...
bartekb
Great Old One

Postby enricos on Sun Apr 11, 2010 9:11 am

Over telephone lines is a little too much. I don't think he is coming to my hometown Chicago but I may go to Miami to attend the seminar. I don't have the expertise that a lot of you guys have being a longtime Karate guy and I need to find out for myself.

While on the subject there is a Sifu in a suburb of Chicago who is teaching Fa Jing to his students in an open manner. He seems to be a good and dedicated guy. Can you folks give me your opinions on his expertise in the Pre-Heaven-Power-Method. One student of his on video looks to out weigh him by 120lbs.

I
enricos
Anjing

Postby willywrong on Sun Apr 11, 2010 5:13 pm

bartekb wrote:
told me he could send chi down the phone line to heal people anywhere in the world.... I have to say, that did put me off a bit...

WHY?? I love people that make claims that can be actually verified. Ive got both hands in covered in splinters, if he called me I would request healing straigh away!
Years back in one of my buddhist groups in Poland they got a guy claiming he is an emanation of Milarepa - they told me "you knwo, we listened to him for few minutes (to be on the safe side :) ) and then thrown him away"
Back to sanding my floors. BTW why damn people in UK can not appreciate timber floors and cover them with black tar and lino? why?

I've heard they don't wash either :D
willywrong

Postby D_Glenn on Sun Apr 11, 2010 6:07 pm

enricos wrote:Over telephone lines is a little too much. I don't think he is coming to my hometown Chicago but I may go to Miami to attend the seminar. I don't have the expertise that a lot of you guys have being a longtime Karate guy and I need to find out for myself.

While on the subject there is a Sifu in a suburb of Chicago who is teaching Fa Jing to his students in an open manner. He seems to be a good and dedicated guy. Can you folks give me your opinions on his expertise in the Pre-Heaven-Power-Method. One student of his on video looks to out weigh him by 120lbs.

I

It's pretty weak that their bagua curriculum is teaching the system I practice that comes from Yin Fu to Men Baozhen to Xie Peiqi to He Jinbao, yet there's no mention of them, it only says "At CTMAA, we teach the Yi Fu style Lion and Phoenix system Baguazhang passed down by Grandmaster Men Bao-Jen."

And their description of how to fajin doesn't make any sense.

I'd be very suspicious of these guys.

Last edited by D_Glenn on Sun Apr 11, 2010 6:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.
D_Glenn
Great Old One

Postby Walk the Torque on Sun Apr 11, 2010 7:20 pm

There is some state of the art centre sacrifice going on in their' clips. ;)
Walk the Torque
Great Old One

Postby neijia_boxer on Mon Apr 12, 2010 5:14 am

i liked some of his push hands stuff a few years ago, but this guy is getting a bit to extravagant for me to believe. on the Yahoo TCC_List he told a story where he took his student to a pro muay thai gym and paid fighters to kick and punch the student for three days and his student used his 'iron robe' skills. he said the muay thai fighters gave up with bruised legs and arms.

i thought that was full of sh*t and asked him what gym it was and he evaded the questions i asked. muay thai fighters would love to get paid to have a 'farang' as a live punching bag, but generally thai people are way to nice to hurt a foreigner (especially when they have money). iron skirts, Iron kilts, iron cloaks, iron shorts, iron robes, iron snugglies, wtf? I dont think any iron skills can deal with a real pro muay thai fighters.
Last edited by neijia_boxer on Mon Apr 12, 2010 5:20 am, edited 1 time in total.
neijia_boxer

Next

Return to Video Links