Michelle Obama doesn't give a f***!

Rum, beer, movies, nice websites, gaming, etc., without interrupting the flow of martial threads.

Re: Michelle Obama doesn't give a f***!

Postby Michael on Thu Jan 29, 2015 8:37 pm

Meeks, it's kind of stupid how this works. One time I wrote something dumb about Michelle's facial expression, something like, she looks angry all the time. The negativity can be infectious, such as in the Michelle Obama tai chi thread. It's part of the duality game of politics we have and it spreads out from President Obama to Michelle, and on. The game is the essential part of our politics of distraction. It's fun until you realize how stupid it is. More fun than Chinese politics, that's fer shure.
Michael

Postby yeniseri on Fri Jan 30, 2015 9:46 am

Michael wrote:One time I wrote something dumb about Michelle's facial expression, something like, she looks angry all the time. The negativity can be infectious, such as in the Michelle Obama tai chi thread. It's part of the duality game of politics we have and it spreads out from President Obama to Michelle, and on. The game is the essential part of our politics of distraction. It's fun until you realize how stupid it is. More fun than Chinese politics, that's fer shure.

Since in my prior life, I dealt with sample size(es) ;D , I can say with certainity that this is the face that THEY want you to see because you can get the Pavlovian thing going (conditioned reflex) and then make XX claims. If I disliked (through disposition) George Bush (pere) and they always show him is bowing before the Saudi Prince(s), kissing the hands of a Queen (of England) vomitting on Heads of State (exaggeration, as you know) etc then one can clearly elucidate some type of activity here. Of course, George Bush is a family man and a great patriot who served.

No doubt the game is politics but when you start chipping away at the elements of a democracy then that ain't politics. It is either treason, heresy or a corporate takeover by the merchant class and all three! It is alleged..based on the....
When fascism comes to US America, It will be wrapped in the US flag and waving a cross. An astute patriot
yeniseri
Wuji

Postby Andy_S on Sun Feb 01, 2015 11:07 pm

SNIP
More fun than Chinese politics, that's fer shure.
SNIP

They have politics in China?

Who knew?
Services available:
Pies scoffed. Ales quaffed. Beds shat. Oiks irked. Chavs chinned. Thugs thumped. Sacks split. Arses goosed. Udders ogled. Canines consumed. Sheep shagged.Matrons outraged. Vicars enlightened. PM for rates.
Andy_S
Great Old One

Postby Michael on Sun Feb 01, 2015 11:52 pm

The Chinese certainly don't know. Everything is so obscure and almost taboo to ask a question that only a tiny, tiny number of people here have any idea whatsoever about the politics of their country or even the vaguest inkling of how the government functions.
Michael

Postby grzegorz on Mon Feb 02, 2015 1:13 am

Michael wrote:The Chinese certainly don't know. Everything is so obscure and almost taboo to ask a question that only a tiny, tiny number of people here have any idea whatsoever about the politics of their country or even the vaguest inkling of how the government functions.

As recall when you ask them what they think of the new prime minister or president the answer is always, "I think it's a good thing."
"Those who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities." - Voltaire
grzegorz
Wuji

Postby Michael on Mon Feb 02, 2015 2:13 am

There is always the safe answer. Maybe.
Michael

Postby grzegorz on Tue Feb 03, 2015 12:02 pm

"Those who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities." - Voltaire
grzegorz
Wuji

Postby KEND on Wed Feb 04, 2015 10:12 am

Maybe I'm being old school but I think Michelle was being rude and egotistical and taking advantage of her position, would she have done the same as a non POTUS wife or a reporter. I despise the middle Ages customs of Saudi as much as anyone but would it be too much to put on a headscarf and wear something more appropriate .[ If an ex POTUS died and the Saudis turned up in Bermuda shorts it would be a major scandal]. If not, show your disapproval by not going. But of course its all about oil, without which Saudi would have the political clout of Sri Lanka. Maybe there should be a common agreement through the UN that does away with all the bowing, curtsying and other outdated customs in diplomatic situations
KEND
Great Old One

Postby Steve James on Wed Feb 04, 2015 11:07 am

but would it be too much to put on a headscarf and wear something more appropriate .[ If an ex POTUS died and the Saudis turned up in Bermuda shorts it would be a major scandal]. If not, show your disapproval by not going. But of course its all about oil,

Gotta say that this seems contradictory. 1) Maybe she didn't want to show disapproval, only non-compliance. Before IS, before al Qaeda, there were the Taliban. I suppose your argument would be that if she'd visited Afghanistan, she should wear a burkha as a show of respect. I remember when Obama bowed, or seemed to bow, to the Japanese emperor. People said it made us look bad.

It is absolutely true, though, that if she really wanted to give the Saudi (Men) the finger, she could have stayed home, or worn a red miniskirt and tank top. As it was, she wore black and blue. True, it was really blue.

Anyway, if it's all about Saudi oil, why didn't she just stay home in the first place? Why go to deliberately antagonize them if it might possibly hurt business? My man BO must be losing control.

2+) So, if a Saudi man comes here to a funeral, will he have to take off his keffiyah?

Ya know, afa "manners" go, there's an old story about Queen Victoria, who had a King from one of the Pacific Islands over for dinner. The Islander saw the finger bowl with water in them in front of his plate. To everyone's shock, he picked it up and drank. Everyone at the table looked at the Queen, who was supposed to drink first. Well, she just picked up her bowl and drank it down. There are Japanese stories about how to handle breaches of etiquette by guests.
"A man is rich when he has time and freewill. How he chooses to invest both will determine the return on his investment."
Steve James
Great Old One

Previous

Return to Off the Topic