Trump Will be President

The following typical threads that plague martial arts sites will get moved here if not just deleted: 1 - My style is better than Your style" - 2 - "Internal & External" - 3 - Personal attacks - 4 - Threads that start well, but degenerate into a spiral of nonsense.

Re: Trump Will be President

Postby Dmitri on Mon Oct 24, 2016 4:37 pm

windwalker wrote:Ya I can see how some might feel he has a problem On the other hand
there is this.

"Some" meaning "not you" I presume. OTOH instead of defending him, you're attacking her...

Many candidates and former presidents have some of these bad qualities, to various degrees and in different combinations. They're humans, and they're politicians, so...
But in his case these qualities are pronounced to a degree where they outshine most others like the sun outshines the moon.
Last edited by Dmitri on Mon Oct 24, 2016 4:50 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Dmitri
Great Old One

Postby windwalker on Mon Oct 24, 2016 6:46 pm

Dmitri wrote:
windwalker wrote:Ya I can see how some might feel he has a problem On the other hand
there is this.

"Some" meaning "not you" I presume. OTOH instead of defending him, you're attacking her...

Many candidates and former presidents have some of these bad qualities, to various degrees and in different combinations. They're humans, and they're politicians, so...
But in his case these qualities are pronounced to a degree where they outshine most others like the sun outshines the moon.

really ? :o

mmm well there are others who feel very different

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cu41CPQw0hg

"but thats a wicked woman"
windwalker
Wuji

Postby Steve James on Mon Oct 24, 2016 7:05 pm

Take Farrakhan's word for it, for real.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lLilxRVC9zQ
"A man is rich when he has time and freewill. How he chooses to invest both will determine the return on his investment."
Steve James
Great Old One

Postby grzegorz on Mon Oct 24, 2016 10:40 pm

grzegorz wrote:Jessica Drake

I find it interesting that his respose to Jessica Drake's allegations was that she has been touched before. An admission of guilt perhaps?

Anyway I find it more interesting the family values republicans are mostly still behind him.
Last edited by grzegorz on Mon Oct 24, 2016 10:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"Those who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities." - Voltaire
grzegorz
Wuji

Postby Dmitri on Tue Oct 25, 2016 3:02 am

The phrase "taking responsibility for one's actions" has no translation from English to Trump. Instead we have, "I'm not the first/only one to do it", "she's not worthy of me (hot enough) anyway", and "everyone else does it"

In other words, like a 5-year-old. Which is what 40-something percent of potential voters apparently want for president of the United States.
Last edited by Dmitri on Tue Oct 25, 2016 3:04 am, edited 1 time in total.
Dmitri
Great Old One

Postby windwalker on Tue Oct 25, 2016 6:09 am

Dmitri wrote:The phrase "taking responsibility for one's actions" has no translation from English to Trump. Instead we have, "I'm not the first/only one to do it", "she's not worthy of me (hot enough) anyway", and "everyone else does it"

In other words, like a 5-year-old. Which is what 40-something percent of potential voters apparently want for president of the United States.

Looks like HRC's history is not a problem for you.
How about addressing or contrasting policies.
windwalker
Wuji

Postby Dmitri on Tue Oct 25, 2016 6:39 am

She's a lot of things, and like I said I'm not a fan, but she ain't acting like an irresponsible 5-year-old, that's for sure.

She's a much, much better politician than he is (for better or for worse -- and yes, that includes every negative thing that comes with being a good politician), and they're running for a very much political position/job. She is incomparably better-qualified. And no you can't really trust either of them. At this point it's a matter of how embarrassing it will feel, as a US citizen, to have one of them as president. I know which one will be infinitely more embarrassing for me; others' mileage will vary of course.
Last edited by Dmitri on Tue Oct 25, 2016 6:40 am, edited 2 times in total.
Dmitri
Great Old One

Postby windwalker on Tue Oct 25, 2016 6:59 am

Dmitri wrote:She's a lot of things, and like I said I'm not a fan, but she ain't acting like an irresponsible 5-year-old, that's for sure.

She's a much, much better politician than he is (for better or for worse -- and yes, that includes every negative thing that comes with being a good politician), and they're running for a very much political position/job. She is incomparably better-qualified. And no you can't really trust either of them. At this point it's a matter of how embarrassing it will feel, as a US citizen, to have one of them as president. I know which one will be infinitely more embarrassing for me; others' mileage will vary of course.

She is incomparably better-qualified.

At what? most can not even name 3 things that she did well while in office.

Compare policies put forward by each.

The press and GOP had him counted out in the running to get the nomination of his party.
He won it. He wasn't supposed to....She was supposed to win it, and did so....

And no you can't really trust either of them.

Brought to you by the same press that ignores what ever HRC did, the "system" is protecting her...
and attempts to bring to light anything they can find on the "Trump" whether true or not, proven or not.

Her main claim to fame seems to be shes' a "woman" and its time....

Who ever makes it into the office will be moderated by the office itself. The difference for me is that she
knows how to get and do what she wants. Which to me makes her the more dangerous given her past performance and future
she offers.

The Trump, may not be able to do a lot of things he wants to get done,
in the trying will cause a lot of changes to take place or expose the system in such a way
that that most will understand why the system is the way it is and will want it to change.
Last edited by windwalker on Tue Oct 25, 2016 7:41 am, edited 3 times in total.
windwalker
Wuji

Postby Dmitri on Tue Oct 25, 2016 7:43 am

windwalker wrote:most can not even name 3 things that she did well while in office

How many things can "most" name that he did well while in office? :P

Compare policies put forward by each.

Can't seriously even speak about policies.
He has a lot of "what", but almost none of "how". I.e., hot air.
She has at least a bird's-eye-view plan for each of her policy proposals.
Whether or not she'll deliver is another story -- but at least she has them laid out with reasonable clarity. He doesn't; all he does is appeal to emotions and shout slogans.

I'm not seeing it that way. Of course she "plays that card", but it's one of many cards she's playing. She's been politically active since youth and "being a woman" had little to do with anything.

The Trump, may not be able to
do a lot of things he wants to get done, but in trying to will cause a lot of changes to take place or expose the system in such a way
that that most will understand why the system is the way it is and will want it to change.

Heh... That's one hypothesis of what is likely to happen. An idealistic one IMO.
Last edited by Dmitri on Tue Oct 25, 2016 7:45 am, edited 1 time in total.
Dmitri
Great Old One

Postby Steve James on Tue Oct 25, 2016 10:42 am

And Trump''s only claim to fame is that he's a rich, bigoted, sexist (white) man who has no experience in U.S. or international politics.
"A man is rich when he has time and freewill. How he chooses to invest both will determine the return on his investment."
Steve James
Great Old One

Postby windwalker on Tue Oct 25, 2016 2:01 pm

How many things can "most" name that he did well while in office? :P

Are you saying he has no accomplishments.

Can't seriously even speak about policies.
He has a lot of "what", but almost none of "how". I.e., hot air.

I don't quite understand he outlines broad based core strategies
that his party is putting forth. Your expecting details when its seems like you've
not even looked at his policies.

She has at least a bird's-eye-view plan for each of her policy proposals.
Whether or not she'll deliver is another story -- but at least she has them laid out with reasonable clarity. He doesn't; all he does is appeal to emotions and shout slogans.

Since she is effectively either negating or fixing many of the policies she helped put in place why would this not be expected.
You feel his polices are based on emotions,,,which ones would those be?

I'm not seeing it that way. Of course she "plays that card", but it's one of many cards she's playing. She's been politically active since youth and "being a woman" had little to do with anything.

I would suggest you look at her history...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6z_m9twHoDE

Heh... That's one hypothesis of what is likely to happen. An idealistic one IMO.

You have not put forth another other then you don't like him....I look at policies
and would agree he may not be the best one to present them, but then again
most of the GOP have vested intreset for keeping the status quo

Ok lets say the "Trump" wins

whats a non "idealistically" hypothesis of what would likely happen?
Last edited by windwalker on Tue Oct 25, 2016 2:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.
windwalker
Wuji

Postby Steve James on Tue Oct 25, 2016 2:22 pm

Ha. No Trump supporter knows his policies because he's contradicted himself on every one. The ones that he's known best for are building the wall, stopping all immigration from the Middle East, the return of the use of waterboarding and worse, repeal of the 13th Amendment, not rejecting the use of nuclear weapons, even in Europe, potentially the repeal of the Roe v. Wade, replacing Obamacare with Trumpcare, expansion of "stop and frisk" nationwide, removal of all illegal aliens. Oh, and he would like to limit the protections of the First Amendment to the press, increase the production of coal and fracked gas, and eliminate restrictions placed on those industries by the EPA. He denies climate change. He also suggests that we simply take oil from the middle eastern countries we don't like.

Of course, that's not to say that he or anyone would actually be able to do those things. Then again, like I said, he's changed his view consistently. So, it doesn't really matters what he said or says. Check it out.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kSE-XoVKaXg

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pqHzwdmU3Sg
Last edited by Steve James on Tue Oct 25, 2016 2:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Steve James
Great Old One

Postby Dmitri on Tue Oct 25, 2016 3:52 pm

windwalker wrote: its seems like you've

I haven't looked at her policies either -- I'm drawing my conclusions from what they say, not from what's written on their websites.

That's not what I said, or meant.

...what would likely happen?

I've no idea; I just know I'd be embarrassed every time he'd open his mouth. Most likely it would just be a constant fight between him offering his ideas of how things should be, and almost everyone else's disgusted opposition to them. ;D
Last edited by Dmitri on Tue Oct 25, 2016 3:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Dmitri
Great Old One

Postby windwalker on Tue Oct 25, 2016 5:26 pm

Dmitri wrote:
windwalker wrote: its seems like you've

I haven't looked at her policies either -- I'm drawing my conclusions from what they say, not from what's written on their websites.

That's not what I said, or meant.

...what would likely happen?

I've no idea; I just know I'd be embarrassed every time he'd open his mouth. Most likely it would just be a constant fight between him offering his ideas of how things should be, and almost everyone else's disgusted opposition to them. ;D

Essentially you really know nothing of either one, HRC just seems like the lesser of 2 supposed evils.
She laughed about "killing" some one and destabilizing a country and a region.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hyaFsPKjZdo

I really suggest looking at her track record, there's a lot of people who don't care much for what she says either.

ok, so just what did he say?

Most likely it would just be a constant fight between him offering his ideas of how things should be, and almost everyone else's disgusted opposition to them

I find that odd, you have no idea but suggest my idea is "idealistic" ok ;)

Everyone else would seem to be part of the status quo,,,,which I'm assuming you agree with?

Seems like there's a a good chance of really finding out what an HRC administration will be like. Maybe ;)
Its not over until its over.
Last edited by windwalker on Tue Oct 25, 2016 6:07 pm, edited 2 times in total.
windwalker
Wuji

Postby grzegorz on Tue Oct 25, 2016 6:24 pm

I have to wonder why doesn't Trump run for mayor of New York at least then we would actually see what he can do.

Like him or hate him I am just not convinced there is anything he can do but real estate and Twitter wars.
"Those who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities." - Voltaire
grzegorz
Wuji

PreviousNext

Return to Been There Done That