Old-Time Members still around?

Rum, beer, movies, nice websites, gaming, etc., without interrupting the flow of martial threads.

Re: Old-Time Members still around?

Postby origami_itto on Fri Apr 19, 2024 8:50 am

I think I was on there pissing people off from like 2005 or so till the split and new site(s), I forget who went where with what. I was/am Tao Joannes and was easily twice as insane at the time.
The form is the notes, the quan is the music
Free Tai Chi Classes
Atomic Taijiquan|FB|YT|Twitch
origami_itto
Wuji

Postby G. Matthew Webb on Fri Apr 19, 2024 9:19 am

Dmitri wrote:
G. Matthew Webb wrote:Was Bodywork Dan Harden?

Yes

Dan Harden has his own website for promoting his training project. It's www.bodyworkseminars.org

He posted on his website that he was diagnosed with multiple myeloma a year or two ago and the last update is from January of this year saying that he is doing very well and that he is planning a year's worth of seminar dates in the US and in Europe. See http://www.bodyworkseminars.org/personal-blog-page.html

I've never met him but have often thought that it would be good to meet and study with him. I enjoyed his perspective and the fact that it came from outside the Chinese internal martial arts world.

He used to post on the e-budo and aikiweb forums, if I'm not mistaken, as well as here, perhaps on the old plumsoakedfist forum also, if I remember correctly.

D_Glenn, you should consider going to one of his upcoming seminars and exchange notes and report back to us here on this forum.

Matthew
G. Matthew Webb
Anjing

Postby wayne hansen on Fri Apr 19, 2024 11:37 am

Or you could just burn some 100 dollar notes
Don't put power into the form let it naturally arise from the form
wayne hansen
Wuji

Postby Dmitri on Fri Apr 19, 2024 12:06 pm

G. Matthew Webb wrote:I've never met him but have often thought that it would be good to meet and study with him. I enjoyed his perspective and the fact that it came from outside the Chinese internal martial arts world.

I've met/know in person many people who have objectively improved, in a dramatic fashion, from practicing his stuff. For what little it's worth.

wayne hansen wrote:Or you could just burn some 100 dollar notes

I bet you $1000 you've never met him in person. ::)
Dmitri
Great Old One

Postby wayne hansen on Fri Apr 19, 2024 1:15 pm

You win
Don't put power into the form let it naturally arise from the form
wayne hansen
Wuji

Postby G. Matthew Webb on Fri Apr 19, 2024 2:48 pm

Dmitri wrote:
G. Matthew Webb wrote:I've never met him but have often thought that it would be good to meet and study with him. I enjoyed his perspective and the fact that it came from outside the Chinese internal martial arts world.

I've met/know in person many people who have objectively improved, in a dramatic fashion, from practicing his stuff. For what little it's worth.

Thanks, Dmitri, for passing on the favorable reviews of Dan's training ability!
G. Matthew Webb
Anjing

Postby D_Glenn on Fri Apr 19, 2024 5:05 pm

G. Matthew Webb wrote:D_Glenn, you should consider going to one of his upcoming seminars and exchange notes and report back to us here on this forum.

Matthew

I was just thinking about that the other day and I do want to try to go to one sometime.
Last edited by D_Glenn on Fri Apr 19, 2024 7:44 pm, edited 3 times in total.
D_Glenn
Great Old One

Previous

Return to Off the Topic