Georgia guidestones

Rum, beer, movies, nice websites, gaming, etc., without interrupting the flow of martial threads.

Re: Georgia guidestones

Postby GrahamB on Tue Apr 21, 2009 4:44 am

Ian wrote:So who here doesn't deserve a seat on the ark? Any volunteers?

The lizard people won't need a place - they'll be able to swim.
One does not simply post on RSF.
The Tai Chi Notebook
GrahamB
Great Old One

Postby wiesiek on Tue Apr 21, 2009 4:47 am

2012 is not so far away, :D
we will live we will see...
Joyful Fruits of the Live
wiesiek
Wuji

Postby Steve James on Tue Apr 21, 2009 5:09 am

If we live, we will see...

Fixed :)
"A man is rich when he has time and freewill. How he chooses to invest both will determine the return on his investment."
Steve James
Great Old One

Postby Darth Rock&Roll on Tue Apr 21, 2009 5:30 am

yeah, we'll see our bills come in, the price of gas will fluctuate, people will finally recycle more and turn their damn lights out now and again.

The apocalyptic stuff is religious nonsense. I don't even need to be proven wrong. 2012 as an end time was postulated by one author back in the seventies based on a very loose understanding of mayan glyphs.

That would be like saying, the world will end at midnight. Every year.

The mayans simply had a longer clock. All clocks roll over eventually.
There are no prophecies of mayans floating around, the codexes that do exist are more a retelling of what was (and there are very few of these) and the popol vuh was written from an entirely corrupted state of knowing. The story within was severely tainted by a Catholic world view by the time it got written down and therefor has some use, but not a lot when it comes to historical understanding of mayan civilization.

The very fact that a huge continent spanning civilization existed in the Americas and how that is glossed over in favor of Indiana Jones type re-tellings and rudimentary teachings in schools is indicative of the conqueror syndrome in teaching history. Nobody wants to know why these people simply abandoned their civilization and it has a lot to do with trying to keep this current one propped up with the buy in we currently give it.
Coconuts. Bananas. Mangos. Rice. Beans. Water. It's good.
Darth Rock&Roll
Great Old One

Postby Michael on Tue Apr 21, 2009 6:32 am

Darth Rock&Roll wrote:all I know is that conspiracy theorists are not wanted on the journey.

:p

Yeah, yeah, LOL. I guess it was a conspiracy theory that killed all those people during WW2.
Michael

Postby Michael on Tue Apr 21, 2009 7:57 am

I can back up what I said. Margaret Sanger, the racist eugenicist, according to a 1997 article by Steven Mosher of the Wall Street Journal
Last edited by Michael on Tue May 29, 2018 11:32 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Michael

Postby cerebus on Tue Apr 21, 2009 7:59 am

Michael wrote:
Darth Rock&Roll wrote:all I know is that conspiracy theorists are not wanted on the journey.

Yeah, yeah, LOL. I guess it was a conspiracy theory that killed all those people during WW2.

LOL! Dude, what does that have to do with the price of love-beads on Jupiter? WWII is what killed all those people during WWII (and exactly which people are you referring to? There were a TREMENDOUS number of deaths during WWII caused by a tremendous number of things).

And as Mr. James pointed out, just reading something and deciding to believe it really, really is NOT proof that it is so. Yes, facts are facts, but when you decide to ignore the facts about Sanger because it doesn't mesh with what you WANT to believe... that's just not going to convince anyone. :-\
"Fool, the Devil drives!"
cerebus
Great Old One

Postby Michael on Tue Apr 21, 2009 8:16 am

xxxxx
Last edited by Michael on Tue May 29, 2018 11:33 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Michael

Postby Dmitri on Tue Apr 21, 2009 8:20 am

"...their plan to exterminate 80% of the world's population, while enabling the "elites" to live forever with the aid of advanced technology"

Mike, you know I like you, but if you read this summary on some site other than at http://www.endgamethemovie.com, would you not feel that this summary sounds like sheer paranoid delusion (or a cleverly-designed "shock marketing" ploy, a la Howard Stern of politics)? I mean, really?

Personally, far extremes in any direction raise all sorts of red flags in my mind, and Alex Jones, however well he might mean and however smart he may be, lately has been clearly going over the sanity line IMHO. He has some very valid points and sometimes raises very interesting issues and occasionally provides some food for thought, but personally I would never go as far as fully embracing everything he professes and running with it. Like I would never do with ANY "shock jocks".

But that's just me... I have a good friend who, like you, is doing just that and... well, I guess, whatever makes people happy. :)
It's all good... just thought I'd share an opinion. 8-)

Let me ask you this -- is there anything in what he says or professes with which you disagree? Are there any issues on which you think he is wrong?
Last edited by Dmitri on Tue Apr 21, 2009 8:24 am, edited 2 times in total.
Dmitri
Great Old One

Postby Michael on Tue Apr 21, 2009 8:24 am

cerebus wrote:
Michael wrote:

LOL! Dude, what does that have to do with the price of love-beads on Jupiter? WWII is what killed all those people during WWII (and exactly which people are you referring to? There were a TREMENDOUS number of deaths during WWII caused by a tremendous number of things).

And as Mr. James pointed out, just reading something and deciding to believe it really, really is NOT proof that it is so. Yes, facts are facts, but when you decide to ignore the facts about Sanger because it doesn't mesh with what you WANT to believe... that's just not going to convince anyone. :-\

I was responding to "conspiracy theory" as a way that people dismiss things.
Last edited by Michael on Tue May 29, 2018 11:33 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Michael

Postby Michael on Tue Apr 21, 2009 8:47 am

It's better not to make generalizations and try to stay on topic.
Last edited by Michael on Tue May 29, 2018 11:34 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Michael

Postby Dmitri on Tue Apr 21, 2009 9:38 am

Michael wrote:If you look at the population in 1979 when the stones were erected, then 500,000 would be about 20% of who was living at that time. Why is this impossible to believe after witnessing the totally contrived carnage of the 20th century?

Well clearly it's not impossible to believe... :)
My question to that would be, why erect those things? Do these "elites" really need to tell everyone that they're all better off dead? What would the purpose for erecting these things be? They don't seem to have nay need in intimidation or in pubic exposure of their ideas, -- or what am I missing?
Dmitri
Great Old One

Postby Darth Rock&Roll on Tue Apr 21, 2009 10:06 am

I think Michael needs to force himself to struggle through Ayn Rands "Atlas Shrugged".

If only to help with the objectivity. :)
Darth Rock&Roll
Great Old One

Postby Darthwing Teorist on Tue Apr 21, 2009 10:27 am

Darth Rock&Roll wrote:
The mayans simply had a longer cock.

Fixed. ;D
И ам тхе террор тхат флапс ин тхе нигхт! И ам тхе црамп тхат руинс ёур форм! И ам... ДАРКWИНГ ДУЦК!
Darthwing Teorist
Great Old One

Postby Darth Rock&Roll on Tue Apr 21, 2009 10:51 am

yes, I'm mayan and my dork is Huge!

lol
Darth Rock&Roll
Great Old One

PreviousNext

Return to Off the Topic