Palin - now it comes out...

Rum, beer, movies, nice websites, gaming, etc., without interrupting the flow of martial threads.

Re: Palin - now it comes out...

Postby Michael on Thu Nov 06, 2008 6:15 pm

chud wrote:Palin is way smarter than Bush.

LOL, that's not saying much! :)
Last edited by Michael on Thu Nov 06, 2008 6:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Michael

Postby dragontigerpalm on Thu Nov 06, 2008 6:19 pm

chud wrote:LOL, I believe it !
Palin is way smarter than Bush.

That's not a quantum leap.
The more you sweat in peacetime, the less you bleed during War.
dragontigerpalm
Wuji

Postby Steve James on Thu Nov 06, 2008 6:20 pm

The neocons within the republican party are blaming her. They don't want to admit that THEY could be the reason the republicans lost the election.

Yep! it's transference. They don't want to accept the blame, so they pin it on someone else. Palin's the easiest target. There are, however, many people who were convinced not to vote for McCain because of his choice. But, that blame should fall on McCain and his advisors. The slimy thing, imo, is that they're all piling on her now, when they were defending her full force previously. I don't like it when people try to piss on my face, then tell me it's rain.
"A man is rich when he has time and freewill. How he chooses to invest both will determine the return on his investment."
Steve James
Great Old One

Postby Michael on Thu Nov 06, 2008 6:22 pm

"I don't like it when people try to piss on my face, then tell me it's rain."

That's because you haven't been to a neocon fundraiser.
Michael

Postby Steve James on Thu Nov 06, 2008 6:31 pm

Michael wrote:"I don't like it when people try to piss on my face, then tell me it's rain."

That's because you haven't been to a neocon fundraiser.

True. I'm like a dog, sometimes. I follow my nose, not my eyes. It may be wet, but it ain't Kool Ade :)
"A man is rich when he has time and freewill. How he chooses to invest both will determine the return on his investment."
Steve James
Great Old One

Postby Muad'dib on Thu Nov 06, 2008 6:43 pm

In fact, it's typical of Americans, in general.

This is true of just about everyone, regardless of nationality. There was a somewhat funny incident here in Japan some years ago when a mid-level actress/singer went to Korea, but was turned back because she had not brought her passport. She was unaware that Korea was a different country. Frequently, if you ask Japanese of average education if they have been abroad they will say, "Yes, I have been to Hawaii and the U.S." When I was in China, I asked one of my co-workers to show me Europe on a map, and they could not. The same thing happened when I was teaching high school kids in Japan, they could not find Europe on a map.
I am no longer allowed to make statements regarding international politics in a public forum.
Muad'dib
Great Old One

Postby Michael on Thu Nov 06, 2008 7:01 pm

Zhong_Kui wrote:Frequently, if you ask Japanese of average education if they have been abroad they will say, "Yes, I have been to Hawaii and the U.S." When I was in China, I asked one of my co-workers to show me Europe on a map, and they could not. The same thing happened when I was teaching high school kids in Japan, they could not find Europe on a map.

A buddy in Texas was calling MSN tech support a few years ago to get local dial-up access numbers for Hawaii for his business trip. They repeatedly told him, "MSN does not have international dial-up outside the USA." He talked to a few different tech support idiots and a supervisor and got the same response. Then he went to e-mail to remind them that Hawaii is part of the USA, but everyone he contacted thought it was a foreign country. Finally, he found the dial-up numbers buried on the MSN web site.
Last edited by Michael on Sun May 27, 2018 10:07 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Michael

Previous

Return to Off the Topic