What is infernal?

Rum, beer, movies, nice websites, gaming, etc., without interrupting the flow of martial threads.

What is infernal?

Postby klonk on Mon Oct 04, 2010 9:39 pm

One hears terms like, "zou huo ru mo" or "qigong psychosis" and one asks, reasonably I think, whether demons are conjectural and figurative expressions, or just what they seem to be--other entities.

Are your demons entities beyond yourself, or did you just make them up for your own convenience?

Entities? Imagination? Myth? Reality? Let's kick that around a while.
I define internal martial art as unusual muscle recruitment and leave it at that. If my definition is incomplete, at least it is correct so far as it goes.
klonk
Great Old One

Re: What is infernal?

Postby mixjourneyman on Mon Oct 04, 2010 10:16 pm

whatever they are, they are your job to deal with. you just have to learn to kill demons with your mind. ;)
mixjourneyman
Great Old One

Postby internalenthusiast on Mon Oct 04, 2010 11:46 pm

klonk wrote:

Are your demons entities beyond yourself, or did you just make them up for your own convenience?

are you asking if demons "objectively" exist?

personally, i don't think there are entities of this kind, outside of ones own psyche, or the collective psyche of a group.

i knew (years ago) a lady from haiti who knew a lot first hand about the workings of voodoo in her culture. it was all explainable, looking at the relationship between individuals' psyches, and the society. even if people died from it. this was her explanation, not my interpretation.

"convenience" may not be the exact/right word. but yes, i do think we create these things.

not to say they may not have "psychic" reality. to be perceived, is to exist. or vice versa: "esse est percepi".

FWIW, i don't believe in heaven or hell either. except: we create our heaven or hell on this earth by how we relate to others. i think how we behave and treat people in this world, is a lot more important than what we may fantasize about the next. i.e., we create our own heavens or hells. right here, right now.

i actually like mix's response: whatever "they" (the demons) are they are "your" responsibility.

if one wants to examine the individual or collective "psyche", robert bly has a great book (klonk, one can forget the drum circle stuff...it's not necessarily relevant here...) called "a little book on the human shadow".

http://www.amazon.com/Little-Book-Human ... 0062548476

it's a pretty neat application of some of carl jung's material to the growth of the individual, and society. and deals with the nexus of individual psychology, and societal behavior.

it's one of my favorite books. and has a lot to say tacitly (IMO) about our present culture, as well as culture, historically.

it's short (81 pages) and an easy read. it's also only one model, but i have found it useful.

best...
Last edited by internalenthusiast on Tue Oct 05, 2010 12:15 am, edited 3 times in total.
internalenthusiast
Great Old One

Postby wiesiek on Tue Oct 05, 2010 1:55 am

makyo ,in zen terminology
has to be dessolved in everyday practise
Joyful Fruits of the Live
wiesiek
Wuji

Postby DeusTrismegistus on Tue Oct 05, 2010 7:21 am

klonk wrote:One hears terms like, "zou huo ru mo" or "qigong psychosis" and one asks, reasonably I think, whether demons are conjectural and figurative expressions, or just what they seem to be--other entities.

Entities? Imagination? Myth? Reality? Let's kick that around a while.

Well the problem is that most people that want to proclaim the loudest what the truth is have no experience with these types of things.

My opinion is that they are both. Or in a better sense they are not the type of thing that can be thought of as a literal creature, like a dog. They don't exist in the same way that we think of most things existing. The best way IMO to think of them would probably be to use the platonic forms. Just like the Form of a chair must exist before a chair can exist, there are also Forms for things that do not exist physically, like Hate, Love, Anger, Greed, Benevolence, Charity. These things exist in a sense as they are part of our psyches. The demons that people experience may be powers like these that have influence in a more unlimited manner than the typical conception.
I contend that for a nation to try to tax itself into prosperity is like a man standing in a

bucket and trying to lift himself up by the handle. -- Winston Churchill
DeusTrismegistus
Wuji

Postby qiphlow on Tue Oct 05, 2010 8:13 am

klonk wrote:Are your demons entities beyond yourself, or did you just make them up for your own convenience?

some might say that we even made our selves up for our own convenience.
esoteric voodoo wizard
qiphlow
Great Old One

Postby Tesshu on Tue Oct 05, 2010 8:17 am

qiphlow wrote:
klonk wrote:Are your demons entities beyond yourself, or did you just make them up for your own convenience?

Yes, but if it was just for my own convenience I would not have made up the loads of shitheads populating my made up earth. ;D
Last edited by Tesshu on Tue Oct 05, 2010 8:18 am, edited 1 time in total.
4th law of Newton: To every male action there is a female overreaction.
Tesshu
Great Old One

Postby Darth Rock&Roll on Tue Oct 05, 2010 10:22 am

some say we are spiritual entities trapped in a physical realm.

do you believe you are that?
Coconuts. Bananas. Mangos. Rice. Beans. Water. It's good.
Darth Rock&Roll
Great Old One

Postby Bär on Tue Oct 05, 2010 10:58 am

I'm a young lesbian trapped in an old man's body. Where's your messiah now?
Bär
Great Old One

Postby GrahamB on Tue Oct 05, 2010 11:14 am

qiphlow wrote:

Who is this talking?
One does not simply post on RSF.
The Tai Chi Notebook
GrahamB
Great Old One

Postby Darth Rock&Roll on Tue Oct 05, 2010 11:37 am

Bär wrote:I'm a young lesbian trapped in an old man's body. Where's your messiah now?

Oy, take it outside you satanist!!!
Coconuts. Bananas. Mangos. Rice. Beans. Water. It's good.
Darth Rock&Roll
Great Old One

Postby qiphlow on Tue Oct 05, 2010 2:55 pm

GrahamB wrote:
qiphlow wrote:

Who is this talking?

esoteric voodoo wizard
qiphlow
Great Old One

Postby GrahamB on Tue Oct 05, 2010 3:03 pm

Been a long time since vie seen a toon smoke.
One does not simply post on RSF.
The Tai Chi Notebook
GrahamB
Great Old One

Postby meeks on Tue Oct 05, 2010 3:13 pm

As a boy I was concerned about Earth, how we were damaging it. I was worried about other species, eradicated with every skyscraper we built or every car that was made. I felt for poor kids without clean water that were dying.

Then I discovered wanking.

that was funny :)
"The power of Christ compels you!" *spank*
now with ADDED SMOOTHOSITY! ;D
meeks
Administrator

Postby mixjourneyman on Tue Oct 05, 2010 9:57 pm

well if we are on the topic of spirits being trapped in the physical realm: life is a spiritual prison that mankind is doomed to walk in forever. Creation is a giant loop that begins and ends at various times and repeats infinitely. We are all doomed to live our lives and suffer our fates again and again and again and again and again and again and again and again and again and again and again and again and again and again and again and again and again and again and again and again and again and again and again and again and again and again and again and again and again and again and again and again and again and again and again and again and again and again and again and again and again and again and againand again and again and again and again and again and again and againand again and again and again and again and again and again and againand again and again and again and again and again and again and againand again and again and again and again and again and again and again
0h sorry about that, I started looping out again.... so I've encoded a giant fuck you to my spiritual captor, the amazing being who could be whatever it wanted to but imprisoned itself as a human here on earth, myself. It sits in the background of reality and manifests itself as small spiritual discoveries and joy in creation.

Enjoy your eternity (what a gloriously double edged sword it is!) ;D
mixjourneyman
Great Old One

Next

Return to Off the Topic