And that's the double truth...

Rum, beer, movies, nice websites, gaming, etc., without interrupting the flow of martial threads.

Re: And that's the double truth...

Postby Buddy on Wed Jul 16, 2008 6:09 pm

Dictionary.com Unabridged (v 1.1) - Cite This Source - Share This
dross Audio Help /drɔs, drɒs/ Pronunciation Key - Show Spelled Pronunciation[draws, dros] Pronunciation Key - Show IPA Pronunciation
–noun
1. waste matter; refuse.
Buddy
Great Old One

Postby MikeC on Wed Jul 16, 2008 8:11 pm

Zing!
MikeC

Postby edededed on Wed Jul 16, 2008 8:57 pm

It's funny how Vietnam seems to love McCain (even the people who remember him from his hostage days)... They have stuff that was "owned" by him (he says they weren't his) and put up on show...
edededed
Great Old One

Postby steelincotton on Thu Jul 17, 2008 8:40 am

Buddy wrote:Your unfortunate position is that you can't win. You'll either have to take off the rose colored glasses when he inevitably let's you down for political expediency or struggle with a brave little face on a ship of hypocrisy and broken dreams. Politicians always disappoint, it's the nature of the beast.

While I can only admire your sense of optimism, I can only smile at your gullibility.

Seriously, I like the way you wrote that. You have some nice writing skills sir. :)

For the record, you're right. I am (for now) a "believer" of sorts, but if Obama drastically changes any of his major positions I would be sorely disappointed. Especially if he backed out of removing us from Iraq (which he has always said would take between 15 months and two years respectively). That's a big one for me.

But, if that did happen, I will be the first to come here and write about what a fool I've been.
steelincotton
Huajing

Postby Buddy on Sun Jul 20, 2008 9:41 am

Nice of you to say so. And certainly my estimation of you has risen for your candor. We can disagree and still like each other. None of this is personal, just our opinions. Thank you for that. I hope for all of our sakes that Mr. Obama does NOT disappoint but I'm not making any book just yet.
Buddy
Great Old One

Postby steelincotton on Mon Jul 21, 2008 10:21 am

cool.
steelincotton
Huajing

Postby qiphlow on Mon Jul 21, 2008 11:49 am

wow. i can feel the <3 oozing from this thread.
;D
esoteric voodoo wizard
qiphlow
Great Old One

Postby Darthwing Teorist on Mon Jul 21, 2008 11:59 am

И ам тхе террор тхат флапс ин тхе нигхт! И ам тхе црамп тхат руинс ёур форм! И ам... ДАРКWИНГ ДУЦК!
Darthwing Teorist
Great Old One

Previous

Return to Off the Topic