MIND BUSTING JUNGLE DRUG HITS UK

Rum, beer, movies, nice websites, gaming, etc., without interrupting the flow of martial threads.

MIND BUSTING JUNGLE DRUG HITS UK

Postby I-mon on Thu Oct 21, 2010 6:54 pm

http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/news/3168623/Mind-busting-jungle-drug-hits-UK.html?print=yes

A BRAIN-bending jungle drug is set to become a bigger menace than crystal meth on Britain's streets, it was feared last night.

Border guards have intercepted a record £13million haul of DMT - a powerful hallucinogen used by Amazon tribes.

Smokers of the crystals almost immediately suffer intense and often terrifying visions.

Side-effects include paranoia and flashbacks weeks or months later.

The Class-A drug has also been linked to schizophrenia.

It is feared smugglers are now trying to flood the UK - as they have in recent years with deadly methamphetamine, also known as crystal meth.

A senior police source said: "We've never seen quantities of DMT like this. This is clearly the latest drug trend. Dealers have seen big money to be made here."

The UK Border Agency recently intercepted 126 kilos of DMT being smuggled into Britain in 15 parcels from Brazil and Peru. Five found at the postal depot at Coventry Airport were heading for London.

Amazonian spiritual healers have traditionally used vines naturally containing DMT to make sacred brews, which they claim help users experience the afterlife.

Millions of television viewers saw adventurer Bruce Parry's agonising DMT trip in the Amazon on the BBC's Tribe in 2008.

He was violently sick and had nightmares.

The drug extract is broken down into smokeable crystals by South American smugglers. Peter Stoker, of the National Drug Prevention Alliance, said: "We must get a grip on this before it takes hold of our young. DMT is a nasty piece of work.

"Its consumption under the gaze of seasoned tribal leaders in the Amazon is nothing like what a UK novice would experience."

DMT, first seen here in the 1970s, costs up to £100 a gram - twice the value of cocaine because it is so rare. It has been linked to deaths across the world.

In May, Danielle Jacobsen, 17, was found in a pond in Connecticut, US. A coroner cited DMT as a contributory factor to her death.

A Border Agency spokesman said: "We are determined to protect society from an activity which can have such a destructive impact."

:o :o :o :o
I-mon
Great Old One

Re: MIND BUSTING JUNGLE DRUG HITS UK

Postby qiphlow on Thu Oct 21, 2010 7:09 pm

great propaganda piece, sun!

for the record, DMT is by far the most intense psychedelic i've tried. and i must be really special, because i've never suffered "paranoia and flashbacks weeks or months later,'" never got "violently sick and had nightmares," or suffered "terrifying visions."

"Its consumption under the gaze of seasoned tribal leaders in the Amazon is nothing like what a UK novice would experience."

probably true. mindset and physical setting have a lot to do with one's experience.

perhaps that reporter ought to try it a few times before automatically labeling it negatively.

end rant.
esoteric voodoo wizard
qiphlow
Great Old One

Postby Brady on Thu Oct 21, 2010 8:04 pm

If I could get my hands on DMT that I was sure was safe and pure (very hard to do) it is one of very few hallucinogens I would do. I went through a period I looked for it very hard and never chased it down. However, I would be afraid of letting people just randomly use it. I know a couple people who had seriously bad experiences and they were effected negatively for a long time. Its too powerful to give to the modern day recreational drug college kids, IMO. And I'm generally not one for strict regulation.
Brady
Wuji

Postby mixjourneyman on Thu Oct 21, 2010 8:51 pm

we smoked dmt as kids (both dimethyl tryptamine and 5-meo dymethyl tryptamine) and never had terrifying visions or nightmares (we used lsd to achieve that).
Here is my take on it: kids, if you want to do psychedelic drugs, go for it, just don't take 100 mgs of dmt intravenously. When we smoked it we never used more than about 20 mgs and we just had some nice colourful fractal love.

I'm all about moderation and harm reduction these days. If you want to take psychedelic drugs, just do it in a sane way or suffer the consequences.

are they going to start raiding jungle camps and throwing shamans in jail now?

Also, when is 2-cb going to get popular? I loved that stuff!!!! ;D
mixjourneyman
Great Old One

Postby Brady on Thu Oct 21, 2010 9:35 pm

mixjourneyman wrote:

seriously? isn't that a chemical precursor to the big E and similar in effects? If so, me no want. Can never get all the different number and letter chemical compounds straight.
Brady
Wuji

Postby mixjourneyman on Thu Oct 21, 2010 9:51 pm

Brady wrote:
mixjourneyman wrote:

seriously? isn't that a chemical precursor to the big E and similar in effects? If so, me no want. Can never get all the different number and letter chemical compounds straight.

to be sure 2-cb is not mdma (E). It is a kind of mild nice phenythalamine compound that has some pleasant tactile and visual elements. As far as I know it isn't really spiritual-psychedelic vision inducing material, but it is really enjoyable and nice. I also liked 2-ci when I took it. But then again, I used to love popping e at raves and getting all mashed out. But to be honest, I'm not into drugs these days. I find I can get better effects with qi gong and meditation and those things aren't hurting my brain and body.
edit: you might be thinking of MDA. That stuff is really fun too!!! Psychedelic E!!! ;D
Last edited by mixjourneyman on Thu Oct 21, 2010 9:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.
mixjourneyman
Great Old One

Postby Brady on Thu Oct 21, 2010 9:58 pm

ah ya mda it is. Well either way, if nature didn't make it and its not about spiritual experience, not my cup of tea. Does sound like fun tho.
Brady
Wuji

Postby mixjourneyman on Thu Oct 21, 2010 10:05 pm

I think something that people need to be aware of is that the spiritual experience on psychedelic drugs is not always life affirming and enjoyable. You can experience cool stuff and transcendent experiences, but you can also go to some of the darkest places in your mind. Especially with something as powerful as dmt, I think that a certain amount of caution is required. I don't think people should ever take psychedelic drugs on a recreational basis. You just don't want to risk blowing your mind open before you are ready to handle it....
mixjourneyman
Great Old One

Postby yusuf on Fri Oct 22, 2010 3:42 am

Well said Mix. I have several friends who couldn't cope with what was being exposed by the drugs, two killed themselves (but that was because they also started taking other drugs to fill the void the hallucinogens exposed in them as people).

Even something like Iboga, which is wonderful and really can be used for positive benefits, changes people because of what they experience.

btw my hallucinogen days are over, but if i were still tripping DMT would have to be tried. Don;t know if I remember correctly, but I think Grace Slick once said that

"LSD is like being sucked through a straw, DMT is like being shot out of a cannon"

:)
[Seeking and not seeking are the problem...]
lol, there really isn't a problem at all
yusuf
Great Old One

Postby mixjourneyman on Fri Oct 22, 2010 3:59 am

I think Alan Watts put it best when he said "once you have got the message, hang up the phone" ;)
mixjourneyman
Great Old One

Postby Muad'dib on Fri Oct 22, 2010 4:01 am

Firmly anti-drug of any sort. If you tried them and they didn't leave any long term effects, great. As for me, I had a fairly large group of friends die within a very short time either as a direct result (adverse reaction) or indirect result (suicides tied to bad trips).
I am no longer allowed to make statements regarding international politics in a public forum.
Muad'dib
Great Old One

Postby I-mon on Fri Oct 22, 2010 5:47 am

Whatever it is, if you start calling it a "mind-busting jungle drug" and saying it's BAD NEWS, you know the kids are going to want that shit.
I-mon
Great Old One

Postby yusuf on Fri Oct 22, 2010 6:03 am

mixjourneyman wrote:I think Alan Watts put it best when he said "once you have got the message, hang up the phone" ;)

lol, sounds like a spiritual teacher who is sick of students... .. :)
[Seeking and not seeking are the problem...]
lol, there really isn't a problem at all
yusuf
Great Old One

Postby D_Glenn on Fri Oct 22, 2010 6:23 am

One part moves, every part moves; One part stops, every part stops.

YSB Internal Chinese Martial Arts Youtube
D_Glenn
Great Old One

Postby Darth Rock&Roll on Fri Oct 22, 2010 7:55 am

greasy kid stuff to use it out of context for the most part.

if you approach with a keys to the doors of perception attitude you are better off.

however, it should be understood that it is likely there is a desire to get a portion of teh populace fucked up on drugs in one way or another.
so much easier to feed them reverse propaganda such as has been done.

Nobody trusts any of the societal institutions anymore like tehy used to and so...

this actually reads as a sales flyer for teh stuff. a testimonail if you will.

:-)

fuckers
Coconuts. Bananas. Mangos. Rice. Beans. Water. It's good.
Darth Rock&Roll
Great Old One

Next

Return to Off the Topic