Osteoarthritis in the knee

Rum, beer, movies, nice websites, gaming, etc., without interrupting the flow of martial threads.

Re: Osteoarthritis in the knee

Postby Steve Rowe on Sun Oct 24, 2010 1:27 am

I-mon wrote:Remember that not only muscles, but also bones and nerves, are all constantly remodeling themselves. Much of what is considered incurable is only incurable because of lack of understanding (of how the body structure and nervous system remodel themselves in response to stimuli), lack of method (there are many effective methods), and/or inconsistency in or inability to practice (for whatever reason, laziness, poverty, time constraints etc).

The argument is not that arthritis, spinal deformities, etc, can definitely be cured in all cases, but that the condition of any joint, muscle, limb or whatever can always be progressively improved using the right techniques.

Excellent advice on both posts I-mon, I'm 60 years of age with over 40 years of MA training and had both knees replaced 3 years ago. Along with that advice, what helped me most was working on suspending the bodyweight in the myofascia as opposed to the joints, I bought the charts from Tom Myers 'Anatomy Trains' book and improved my internal connections by focusing on the Deep Front Line:

Sinking the chest,softening the psoas, and feeling the bodyweight running down the femoral triangle behind the knee, down the calf and under the foot into the arch. Also focusing on 'suspend the head' so there is no unnatural alignment through the body. It gave my knees another 10 years of life and alleviates a lot of the soreness.
If you see someone without a smile - give 'em one of yours...
Steve Rowe
Wuji

Postby Dr.Rob on Sun Oct 24, 2010 7:29 am

grow some testicles and get a knee replacement whiner... ;D
Having nothing to lose is the new wealth.

Profitez de la guerre mes enfants, la paix sera terrible.

Si vis pacem, para bellum.
Dr.Rob
Great Old One

Postby bustr on Sun Oct 24, 2010 8:30 pm

Thanks for all of the responses!
bustr

Previous

Return to Off the Topic