The Seven Swordsmen

Rum, beer, movies, nice websites, gaming, etc., without interrupting the flow of martial threads.

The Seven Swordsmen

Postby Wanderingdragon on Tue Oct 26, 2010 10:31 am

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d_Xcx4nvYuY
One of my favorite Martial Arts flicks ever, anyone know if there were any knwew episodes added to the series?
The point . is absolute
Wanderingdragon
Wuji

Re: The Seven Swordsmen

Postby zenshiite on Tue Oct 26, 2010 4:02 pm

I don't know, I have the whole series on DVD though. Tai Seng released an 8 disc set.
"The powers that be don't give a shit!" - Raybeez RIP
zenshiite
Wuji

Postby Wanderingdragon on Wed Oct 27, 2010 7:12 am

yes , I have the entire series too, thought it explored some of the concepts of Wude pretty well, in developing the characters, "Bros before Hos" and all haha, brother Chu lost his mind trying to prove his righteousness. Having watched the movie after having watched the 8 disc set was much like having read the book before seeing the movie, thought there may be some new episodes.
The point . is absolute
Wanderingdragon
Wuji

Postby zenshiite on Wed Oct 27, 2010 10:13 pm

I'm pretty sure the series went clear to the end of Liang Yusheng's novel The Seven Swordsmen from Mount Heaven(Qijian Xia Tianshan). I don't think there's actually any story left. Not unless it's new characters. The Bride With White Hair is the preceding story.

In fact, with further research, it appears Seven Swordsmen adapts two of Liang Yusheng's novels. Qijian Xia Tianshan and Saiwai Qixia Zhuan(which comes first chronologically).
"The powers that be don't give a shit!" - Raybeez RIP
zenshiite
Wuji

Return to Off the Topic