Fuck vacationing in Mexico....just sayin.

Rum, beer, movies, nice websites, gaming, etc., without interrupting the flow of martial threads.

Re: Fuck vacationing in Mexico....just sayin.

Postby Steve James on Thu Nov 04, 2010 8:13 pm

Okay, it wasn't a big critique, just an observation about comparisons.
"A man is rich when he has time and freewill. How he chooses to invest both will determine the return on his investment."
Steve James
Great Old One

Postby DeusTrismegistus on Sat Nov 06, 2010 8:06 pm

Anyone else read that article and wonder why the mexican govt intentionally did something that helped create a power vaccum that will likely strengthen the Zetas? This group is apparently enough of a threat to the other drug cartels that they were fighting them 3 gangs vs 1, and the article gives no indication that 3 on 1 was winning. Then the largest competitor to the Zetas gang gets its head chopped off creating both the opportunity to expand and the weakening of the resistance against them? I wouldn't be surprised if the Zetas have some very high level bribery or extortion going on here.

"But it also bodes an ominous future for the war-weary civilians living in the northeastern part of Mexico," he said in an analysis sent to AP. "The ensuing chaos brought on by the loss of Gulf Cartel leadership will give operational, political and psychological strength to the Zetas."

The downfall of Cardenas Guillen is a potential boon for the Zetas just as they are fighting off an assault from three powerful rivals. Mexican and U.S. officials say the Gulf cartel enlisted the help of the Sinaloa and La Familia gangs earlier this year in their campaign to destroy the Zetas.

"It will be even more difficult to defeat Los Zetas now because the Gulf Cartel — part of the troika (Gulf, Sinaloa, and La Familia) ... has been weakened," said George Grayson, a Mexico expert at the College of William and Mary in Williamsburg, Virginia, who has written books about the Zetas.
I contend that for a nation to try to tax itself into prosperity is like a man standing in a

bucket and trying to lift himself up by the handle. -- Winston Churchill
DeusTrismegistus
Wuji

Postby Steve James on Sat Nov 06, 2010 8:27 pm

I don't know how to tell. I'd say that killing one big snake is easier than killing 5 small ones; but, I wouldn't put anything past happening because of greed or stupidity or a combination of both, though.
"A man is rich when he has time and freewill. How he chooses to invest both will determine the return on his investment."
Steve James
Great Old One

Postby DeusTrismegistus on Sat Nov 06, 2010 8:37 pm

Steve James wrote:I don't know how to tell. I'd say that killing one big snake is easier than killing 5 small ones; but, I wouldn't put anything past happening because of greed or stupidity or a combination of both, though.

It is pure speculation on my part and there really is no way to tell. But if you read between the lines that seems to be the message portrayed. I hope I am wrong, but who really will ever know -shrug-
I contend that for a nation to try to tax itself into prosperity is like a man standing in a

bucket and trying to lift himself up by the handle. -- Winston Churchill
DeusTrismegistus
Wuji

Postby Muad'dib on Sun Nov 07, 2010 1:19 am

The Mexican govt already broke some of the largest cartels, which is why the border war is happening in the first place. They are all trying to fill the void, while the govt is trying to chop off all their heads.
I am no longer allowed to make statements regarding international politics in a public forum.
Muad'dib
Great Old One

Postby Darth Rock&Roll on Sun Nov 07, 2010 11:27 am

I agree. This is the remnants of former larger gangs that are jockeying for position.
Right now, they are killing each other off.
The government, will pare the whole drug scene in mexico into small managable gangs
until they get to a point where decriminalization and legalization occur and the tax structure sets in.

after that, the al capones will have to look for other crime to live off of.
Coconuts. Bananas. Mangos. Rice. Beans. Water. It's good.
Darth Rock&Roll
Great Old One

Previous

Return to Off the Topic