Are there any women on this forum?

Rum, beer, movies, nice websites, gaming, etc., without interrupting the flow of martial threads.

Re: Are there any women on this forum?

Postby gzregorz on Fri Nov 12, 2010 7:10 pm

Darth Rock&Roll wrote:All the manergy in here tends to keep it quite penis at times.
There is room for brightening up the chakras, but it can be a hard go at times.

I apologize in advance for my penis and how it makes me say inappropriate things.

signed
Metrosexual Dave (not that other dave that drinks and plays helicopter with his cock.)

Yeah it's like a sausage fest in here.

What's up with that?
Last edited by gzregorz on Fri Nov 12, 2010 7:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"There is more wisdom in your body than in your deepest philosophy." - Friedrich Nietzsche
gzregorz
Wuji

Postby affa on Fri Nov 12, 2010 7:17 pm

16, 76, 81, 88, 93
21, 28, 38, 52, 78
7, 40, 56, 73, 87
23, 65, 82, 91, 95
2, 6, 10, 46, 95
affa
Wuji

Postby MartialRainbowmagic on Sat Nov 13, 2010 1:03 am

Glad this isn't a problem where I practice in China, the Beijing Academy of the Performing arts is right around the corner from where we train :-)
MartialRainbowmagic
Anjing

Postby BaguaKicksAss on Wed Nov 17, 2010 7:29 am

I mostly lurk.
In my Taichi classes which have a female instructor, my friend and I make jokes about how it is always 90% women. Internet saavy most of them are not though ;).
I've only ever seen half a dozen other women in the local martial arts store; the customer base does seem to be 95% male.

What's up with that? Well OK besides women are often not as prone to fighting, sparring and the like, but there is more to it all. Perhaps they are all off doing kickboxing for their cardio...

EDIT: Also, many women on the internet make it a point to *not* mention our gender due to the huge influx of people trying to PM us for netsex. While I doubt this would happen on a martial arts forum, I'm sure many women just automatically make sure not to mention gender due to past experience. (I had to shut down ICQ back in the day). Humorous to note, is that I have been accused of actually being male and lying about my gender on the internat quite often. Some seem to feel that the entire internet is 90% male ;).

BKA
Last edited by BaguaKicksAss on Wed Nov 17, 2010 7:41 am, edited 1 time in total.
BaguaKicksAss
Wuji

Postby Darth Rock&Roll on Wed Nov 17, 2010 7:37 am

The amount of women practicing martial arts directly correlates to the amount of men participating in quilting bees.

It's one of those balance in the universe things.

;D
Coconuts. Bananas. Mangos. Rice. Beans. Water. It's good.
Darth Rock&Roll
Great Old One

Postby Craig on Wed Nov 17, 2010 5:12 pm

Ian wrote:Craig posts from time to time ;D

I'm going to kick you right in the gouch when im in china next year.
Craig
Great Old One

Postby gretel on Wed Nov 17, 2010 9:12 pm

BaguaKicksAss wrote:: Also, many women on the internet make it a point to *not* mention our gender due to the huge influx of people trying to PM us for netsex. While I doubt this would happen on a martial arts forum, I'm sure many women just automatically make sure not to mention gender due to past experience.

BKA

I enjoy hanging out with the boys sometimes and reminding the teachers among them not to underestimate their little old lady students. By painful experience, I've learned how to recognize by their titles the threads that I don't really want to look at.

But hey, nobody ever tries to PM me for netsex! Maybe because I make a big thing out of being in my 70's.

gretel
gretel
Great Old One

Postby Darth Rock&Roll on Wed Nov 17, 2010 9:14 pm

70 is the new 40!

are you hot? I'll PM you a pic of my package! :D
Coconuts. Bananas. Mangos. Rice. Beans. Water. It's good.
Darth Rock&Roll
Great Old One

Postby jaikali on Wed Nov 17, 2010 9:29 pm

...it's a kinda too bad that we didn't carry over our post-count from the old EF... maybe then I wouldn't be considered as "lurking"... :) ...I posted a bit more before I needed to be more present for my patients. However, like what the heck? So I agree that many of us women don't make light of the fact that we are female, because some like to address gender rather than what we're here for, the discussion of martial arts. And yes, some don't really believe us females can really handle real-life conflict situations... which often is harder in real-life situations, since us females often need to be extra-convincing because the initial warning to back-off is not heeded.

Not sure why ppl. say females are "not prone to fighting". Sure, "sports" may involve many more males than females, (many cultural issues up for discussion here), but that is SPORT not real. Defending your own, and the practice of getting very able to defend your own... I don't understand how that can be considered to belong to one gender.
jaikali
Santi

Postby BaguaKicksAss on Wed Nov 17, 2010 9:55 pm

Darth Rock&Roll wrote:The amount of women practicing martial arts directly correlates to the amount of men participating in quilting bees.

;D

Men is quilting bees... hot! ;)

I'll admit to a warped sense of humor.

BKA
BaguaKicksAss
Wuji

Postby BaguaKicksAss on Wed Nov 17, 2010 9:57 pm

gretel wrote:
I enjoy hanging out with the boys sometimes and reminding the teachers among them not to underestimate their little old lady students. By painful experience, I've learned how to recognize by their titles the threads that I don't really want to look at.

But hey, nobody ever tries to PM me for netsex! Maybe because I make a big thing out of being in my 70's.

gretel

Still practicing martial arts in your 70's AWESOME! :) There is hope for me yet...

Doubt it would ever happen on a MA forum, more general topic places.

BKA
BaguaKicksAss
Wuji

Postby Strange on Wed Nov 17, 2010 11:39 pm

Darth Rock&Roll wrote:The amount of women practicing martial arts directly correlates to the amount of men participating in quilting bees.

;D

facepalm
天官指星 单对月 风摆荷叶 影成双

岳武穆王以枪为拳, 六合形意李门世根, 形意拳五行为先, 论身法六合为首,少揽闲事心田静, 多读拳谱武艺精 - 李洛能 (形意拳谱)
Strange
Great Old One

Postby gzregorz on Thu Nov 18, 2010 12:03 am

BaguaKicksAss wrote: Humorous to note, is that I have been accused of actually being male and lying about my gender on the internat quite often. Some seem to feel that the entire internet is 90% male ;).

BKA

You're a dude! ;)
"There is more wisdom in your body than in your deepest philosophy." - Friedrich Nietzsche
gzregorz
Wuji

Postby cdobe on Thu Nov 18, 2010 2:05 am

Darth Rock&Roll wrote:70 is the new 40!

are you hot? I'll PM you a pic of my package! :D

You may want to use this image hoster:
http://tinypic.com/
cdobe
Great Old One

Postby Flex on Thu Nov 18, 2010 6:16 pm

This reminds me of my old wing chun club at university. During clubs days only the girls are manning the booth with the sifu. Not only did the instructor get hours of alone time with hot kung fu girls he also facilitated the recruitment of more girls and geeky guys to our ranks.

Also just like in university, if you want chicks go major in nursing not engineering; go check out the yoga forums TCMA is not for you... we do specialize in old guys wearing pajamas, if that is your thing...
Flex
Anjing

PreviousNext

Return to Off the Topic