Are there any women on this forum?

Rum, beer, movies, nice websites, gaming, etc., without interrupting the flow of martial threads.

Re: Are there any women on this forum?

Postby BaguaKicksAss on Sun Nov 28, 2010 8:29 pm

Yeah this'll be me when I'm 100 ;)

BaguaKicksAss
Wuji

Postby Daniel on Mon Nov 29, 2010 1:20 am

ROTFLMAO about the video. Thanks, great stuff.

One of my favourite newspaper clippings is about the two old women who were attacked by muggers. When the police came, one mugger had his arm broken, the other was on the ground, uncounscious. Turned out that it was in fact mother and daughter, and the mother had been a partisan in Poland during WWII. ;D

D.

Sarcasm. Oh yeah, like that´ll work.
Daniel
Great Old One

Postby lazyboxer on Mon Nov 29, 2010 7:14 am

I have a 21 year old actress friend who broke someone's nose with a palm heel strike when he tried to rape her in an alleyway.

She's never studied any martial art. I offered to teach her, but somehow never got round to it.
Living well is the best revenge.
lazyboxer
Great Old One

Postby Interloper on Mon Nov 29, 2010 11:46 am

BKA.
For people who just hand their money over, I have to say that sometimes that is the best way to deal with it. If the assailants are armed and/or aggressive, you just want to give them the money and let them go. What are a few bucks vs. life and limb? Of course, it's no guarantee that they won't mug you anyway, but at least you try it as your opening gambit.

For greater ills, like rape, I'd up the ante and recommend fighting with everything you have. Anyone who would commit rape could also commit murder or inadvertant manslaughter, while a simple robber may just want money and iPods. I'd want to do anything and everything to take him out. The worst advice police used to (and maybe still) give was to "just let the rapist do it." No way. Especially these days with HIV/AIDS as potential lethal after effects in addition to the usual dangers and traumas of rape.

jaikali,
I accompany my elderly parents frequently (in fact, I'm about to take them out for the afternoon right now). Mainly, I am just very alert all the time, especially with my mother, who is mobility impaired. I make sure her handbag is secured, and I watch the environment around her. Not just for muggers and purse snatchers, but for broken bottles, potholes and curbs. It's about being aware all the time!
Pariah without peer
Interloper
Great Old One

Postby BaguaKicksAss on Mon Nov 29, 2010 12:56 pm

That is awesome about the two elderly women ;). Around here there have been more and more problems with people breaking into the homes of the elderly, beating them up and robbing them (it's not legal to shoot an intruder here in Canada). I do hope they run into some old folks like the ladies mentioned in the article.

Also awesome about the palm strike on the attacker. Nice to know that there are folks who are very good at protecting themselves :). Sounds like she would be good at martial arts. A lot of "experts" say that teaching self defense to women is difficult because we naturally don't like to hurt people, or won't when the time comes.

Yeah if they have a weapon, they can have my money, or I will try sprinting.... However I mean the folks who hand over their money when a person just walks up to them acting sort of intimidating, showing both hands to not have a weapon, demanding their money. Or even worse when I see guys get all pushy and gropey on women who are obviously hating it, but do or say nothing. Perhaps they are too scared to, I'm not sure.

Now rapists, I think they should fear for their lives. The "let the rapist do it" people, would they give that same advice to their own daughter? I have known people who have lived through rape, and it is pretty scarring for a very long (perhaps lifetime) time. Also yes if they are willing to go that far, who says they won't cause other serious damage as well. If you fight back, there is a chance you will only get bruised.

BKA
BaguaKicksAss
Wuji

Postby Interloper on Mon Nov 29, 2010 3:06 pm

Then there's the article about an 83-year-old woman who was confronted by a would-be mugger/purse snatcher when she was walking to the bank. She whacked him in the head with her purse and knocked him out cold. She was carrying $20 of rolled quarters in her bag to deposit at the bank, it turned out. That's what gave the purse "knock-out power." :D
Last edited by Interloper on Mon Nov 29, 2010 3:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Pariah without peer
Interloper
Great Old One

Previous

Return to Off the Topic